PDA

View Full Version : Advice about Warlock Item-Crafter

Vrikolaka
2014-01-02, 07:09 PM
Hello People!
My friend wanna be an Item-Crafter in one game that I, and some friends, are DMing. The game is about to teach the players advices about playing D&D3.5. OK.

Chatting with my friend, He did wanted to make an "NPC" Item-Crafter to the game. But, I (and another DM) banned the Artificer (because of abuse of Tier 1 characters, we banned every one Tier 1 char, except of Wizard and Cleric). And, he liked the Warlock to make his character, mostly because of the Imbue Item, that, for him, was superb.

He also liked the PrC in Magic of Eberron Renegade Mastermaker (http://dndtools.eu/classes/renegade-mastermaker/), because of "I Wanna Be an Edward Elric like character". Ok.

But, I wanna some advice, to pass to my friend, to make an Mid Optimization character with that concept. He wanna be an Dwarf Warlock/Renegade Mastermaker, 15th level, 83 points of atribute (min 8, max 18). What feats Can He pick, some advice about creating magic stuff, and Combat Roles after all (the "Teachers" of the game has its own plots in the game).

Can you help me?
Ah, and Sorry about my bad english, not my first language! D:

Grod_The_Giant
2014-01-02, 08:17 PM
My advice for a warlock crafter would be to take a two-level dip of Chameleon, to pick up the floating bonus feat. Take the right crafting feat when you need it; when adventuring, change it for Extra Invocation to get a bit of extra versatility.

Renegade Mastermake doesn't seem to combo that well with Warlock, who already gets DR and can't expend spells to power Self Repair.

Socratov
2014-01-03, 02:55 PM
Well, bottom line a crafting warlock is a warlock with a 2 level dip in chameleon (as mentioned above). The PRC you mentioned is cool, if only you could replace spells with invocations and spellcasting class with invoking class. Mechaniocally it should be sound and not overpowered or weird working, just cool. furhtermore I support this decision of using the rule of cool and concept over crunch. I don't see if allowing casting advancement for the warlock with the renegade shaper woudl break anything. Even better/awesomer would be to make the Eldritch blast work with the slam attack (given it uses the glaive shape, but roleplayingly attacks with the fist using eldritch blast).