PDA

View Full Version : Sphere of Torment (campaign idea help)

Azoth
2014-01-02, 08:08 PM
So I randomly got the idea to create a dungeon crawl for my real life group that should be most fun for me, and truly frustrating for them. I am designing a lost city of sorts that will be a 6 mile radius sphere. At its core is a wierd stone so it's diameter is set.

The city will be built like a tiered maze. Guarding the way up or down each floor will be a single powerful enemy. Across each floor will be numerous low level enemies and monsters of various sorts. The goal for the party will be to recover or destroy the wierd stone at the maze's center.

The entire thing will be a self sustained city sealed off from the outside world. The mechanics behind it are that the entire city is created by chaining leadership from lvl20 down to lvl6. I have already designed the city's layout and several npc groups to be the explaination for the animals/magical beasts that are roaming the city.

I am looking for help with builds and ideas using solely NPC classes to generate the rest of the lvl 1-6 inhabitants of the city. Every member of the city should have some ability in combat. I can use skill allocation to explain away their roles as crafters/laborers in the city.

Any race/la is fine as long as the total ecl of the npc is 6 or below. Again I ask for ideas using only npc classes.

My end goal for this is to go Tucker's Kobold's on them with intelligent creatures. I know they will enjoy the challenge of the campaign, and am wondering how far I can take it. I am also always on the lookout for interesting or unique magical beasts if anyone would like to make suggestions.

Azoth
2014-01-03, 01:21 PM
Bump bump bump