PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Warrior/Soulborn

Ralcos
2014-01-03, 12:21 AM
I have an idea for a build that uses both Psychic Warrior and Soulborn levels.

Could someone help me make this a viable build? I know that people hate the Soulborn, but I just want an interesting character to potentially play as.

EDIT: I'd rather have a build planned starting at ECL 3. I'm thinking Human with Able Learner.

Darth Stabber
2014-01-03, 01:29 AM
I have an idea for a build that uses both Psychic Warrior and Soulborn levels.

Could someone help me make this a viable build? I know that people hate the Soulborn, but I just want an interesting character to potentially play as.

EDIT: I'd rather have a build planned starting at ECL 3. I'm thinking Human with Able Learner.

The less soulborn levels the better, the class doesn't give you anything that psywar and magic items couldn't do better. And we don't hate soulborn, soulborn is objectively bad. Unless your goal is specifically "use soulborn" there are better options than soulborn. Psywar1/soulborn1/psywar1 is the best option, just make sure you never go back. My recommendation would be to use incarnate instead, because incarnate is pretty good, and very dip friendly, plus the classes share wisdom dependence, as opposed to soulborn's (admitted minor) charisma dependence. Totemist is even more synergistic if you play a natural weapon focused psywar, but it's fluff is nowhere near as close as incarnate and soulborn's.

Pluto!
2014-01-03, 01:36 AM
Soulborns suck. Seriously just try building a character with it, see how many different ways you can push the words "mauling gauntlets," "sapphire smite" and "awesome smite" around a page before the badness of the results becomes overwhelming.

Psychic Warriors, by merit of the Open Chakra feat and the insane Psionic Feats in MoI, is way better at everything the Soulborn does than the Soulborn, so by just dabbling with some feat and power slots, your Psychic Warrior could do a better impression of an effective PsyWar/Soulborn multiclass than actually jumping between the classes would.

Person_Man
2014-01-03, 10:12 AM
Soulborn is garbage. If homebrew is on the table, check my signature for a fix. Otherwise, I would never take levels of it for any reason.

Incarnate/Warmind isn't terrible though, and it would grant you soulmelds, chakra binds, Psychic Warrior powers, and Sweeping Strike.