PDA

View Full Version : Teleportation Proof

Yogibear41
2014-01-03, 01:25 AM
Are there any spells or effects that would allow me to be able to teleport to my place of residence/fortress/etc. but prevent anyone else from teleporting in as well? The effects would need to be in place while I was both there and gone, I know it would be easy to keep wards up while I am there, teleport home toss up the old thou shalt not teleport here sign and be done with it, but when I left I could either leave that block up thereby preventing myself from coming back that way as well as everyone else, or leave it down and leave myself open to all sorts of teleporting in tricks.

While we are on the subject is there anything that can completely block divination spells from snooping on my business in a rather large area permanently? or at least semi-permanently?

EDIT:

If you were going to do this as an artificer instead of an actual caster would there be an easier way to do it as opposed to just making scrolls of those spells?

Or even if you were a mundane character?

Emperor Tippy
2014-01-03, 01:26 AM
Selective (You) Forbiddance.

Selective is a metamagic from Shining South and lets the caster choose one individual who gets to totally ignore the spell.

Kazyan
2014-01-03, 01:36 AM
As for the second question, Screen (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/screen.htm) is the spell you're looking for.

Emperor Tippy
2014-01-03, 01:47 AM
While we are on the subject is there anything that can completely block divination spells from snooping on my business in a rather large area permanently? or at least semi-permanently?

Permanent Mage's Private Sanctum, although that gets expensive quite rapidly unless you are using a Solar for your Permanency.

ShurikVch
2014-01-03, 05:46 AM
1. Go to Astral Plane in place of your "residence/fortress/etc"
2. Build and man guardpost
3. Cast (Un)Hallow.
4. Cast Dimension Anchor

Now everyone who attempt to teleport into your place, but not allowed to do it, will be stopped at guardpost

If you extra paranoid, add in Anticipate Teleportation and nobody, you included, will be able to teleport in forever. :smallbiggrin:

Yogibear41
2014-01-03, 06:20 AM
Wasn't sure why astral plane at first but re-read dimensional anchor and it doesn't effect ethereal or astral form creatures, but creatures that are normally one of those 2 are solid on the astral plane, yes? so it stops them? or am I missing something else?

If you were going to do this as an artificer instead of an actual caster would there be an easier way to do it as opposed to just making scrolls of those spells?

ShurikVch
2014-01-03, 06:27 AM
Wasn't sure why astral plane at first but re-read dimensional anchor and it doesn't effect ethereal or astral form creatures, but creatures that are normally one of those 2 are solid on the astral plane, yes? so it stops them? or am I missing something else?

All known forms of teleportation go trough Astral Plane. To teleport somewhere, you go to Astral, move to required location, then go back to whatever Plane you was - all in single moment. But if required location is under (Un)Hallow with Dimension Anchor effect, you can't go back to requred plane and stuck in Astral... at the guardpost

Scrolls are possible, but expensive and need UMD check

Sayt
2014-01-03, 06:38 AM
Teleportation Trap (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/teleport-trap) seems to be what you want, and have it redirect into a seal tank of water. Or acid. Or just a jail-cell under a permanent AMF. The thing I really like is that the passed save means they don't teleport.

ShurikVch
2014-01-03, 07:13 AM
Teleportation Trap (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/teleport-trap) seems to be what you want, and have it redirect into a seal tank of water. Or acid. Or just a jail-cell under a permanent AMF. The thing I really like is that the passed save means they don't teleport.
Halaster's Teleport Cage (http://dndtools.eu/spells/city-of-splendors-waterdeep--16/halasters-teleport-cage--332/)
Tank of acid not a good idea in case of somebody non-hostile (otherwise, Anticipate Teleportation)
And AMF can be bypassed in numerous ways, from Initiate of Mystra or Invoke Magic to tinfoilhat and Iron Heart Surge

Sayt
2014-01-03, 08:14 AM
If they're not hostile, they should probably knock on the front door instead of trying to teleport inside the fort.

And yeah, there are ways around AMF, but it can still be useful on the chance that they don't have a way around it, and with Tele-trap, you can also just put the destination box in a ten foot cell surrounded by a few dozen feet of bedrock on each side, which is likely to be somewhat inconvenient.

As for Halaster's, it doesn't have the ability to exclude the caster, requires higher level spell slots, the cubes are smaller, and the it randomises where intruders turn up. On the other hand, it's wizards 1st party, whereas Teleport Trap is Pathfinder.

Chronos
2014-01-03, 09:57 AM
The problem of allowing yourself in isn't too big a deal. Just leave a small gap in your wards for an arrival room, with conventional barriers (locks, traps, guards, etc.) blocking off that room from the rest of the fortress. Then, whenever you want to go to your fortress, you just target that room.

jedipotter
2014-01-03, 02:12 PM
Are there any spells or effects that would allow me to be able to teleport to my place of residence/fortress/etc. but prevent anyone else from teleporting in as well?

There is the Ye Old Trick: Just ward up your place like normal, so no one, not even you can teleport in. Just leave one spot open, a trapped room or such. You teleport in, disarm the trap with the code and walk into your home. Sure it takes like ''five minutes'' to get home, but it is worth it.

Custom magic items

By the rules, there is really nothing you can do. The way everything is written the world would have had a scry/telepot apocalypse on like day one.

Captnq
2014-01-03, 02:36 PM
Every 2.5 feet you hang a string of beads down from the celling. You can walk through them easily, but anyone teleporting in is shunted to the nearest open area.

Or...

Cover your home with BEES!!!