PDA

View Full Version : Sic transit gloria mundi - B

Bom Ferro
2014-01-03, 05:47 AM
"The moon is unusually bright tonight."

A phrase uttered by an unimportant citizen passing by, just another statement by the people who do not belong to the movers and shakers of Golarion.

Unfortunately, this citizen is right. Some minutes afterwards, you recall his voice as the moon seems to grow and a grotesque skull-shaped shadow covers its surface, paying homage to Groetus, the ominous God of the End Times.

Then it begins to weep black blood, and the ground rumbles.
Chaos and Panic erupt in Absalom, and you - as an actually important person with the power to *get things done* decide to investigate the strange occurence.

A dustcloud on the horizon approaches the city from the north - apparently, some big threat is moving towards you.

The huge bloody tears from the moon scatter into a fine drizzle before reaching the ground, and slowly gather in puddles and streams on the streets, draining away into Absalom's canalization system and furthering the rampant insanity of unimportant people around you.

"DOOM! DOOM! DOOOOM! The end is upon us! The gods have had enough of our sins and decided to end it all! The final round of the Great Game has begun!"

A cabbage vendor nearby decides to change his vocation and style himself a prophet. You're somewhat dubious of his sincerity, but the powerful omen and the rapidly moving dustcloud probably should be investigated...

Welcome to the End of the World.
This thread is for Lucerna Noctis (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737054), Felarna, Regina Putridorum (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737730), Alastor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=742794), Valous (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737466) and Star of Rasivrein (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=738790).

You are on the northern border of Absalom, see strange meterological phenomena(skull-moon, black rain(= unholy water if anyone bothers to identify it), and a rapidly approaching dustcloud on the horizon.

The weather is bad: You suffer from heavy rain (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/environment/weather#TOC-Rain-Snow-Sleet-and-Hail)(-8 perception; -4 to ranged attacks, unprotected flames are extinguished, protected flames(lanterns & similar) have a 50% chance each turn to be extinguished).

The sky is clear, and yet it rains...and a massive stormfront approaches from the north.

A perception check can be made as standard action. Use your remaining time wisely.

OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323161)

greenpotato
2014-01-03, 06:24 AM
"Hey, you!" Felarna says to the cabbage merchant and any other nearby unimportant plebeians, "Come here, I will protect you from what approaches" She motions for the peasants to come closer.

I need some meat in between me and whatever that cloud is, I need some zombies fast

redfeline
2014-01-03, 06:22 PM
"I am very disappointed the weather oracle said the chance of rain was only 10% today. Any idea what is going on?" I activate detect evil as a move action.

"I probably don't need to mention this is an evil rain."

Perception to see what I can find.

[roll0]

edit: I forgot the minus 8. 25 damn 6 on a d20.

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-03, 06:42 PM
Shut the f*ck up! I'm trying to get buzzed here! Alastor yells at the cabbage vendor as he walks past, stumbling only slightly as he takes another swig from his flask. Damn beer tastes worse than ever now; damn end of the world ruining all my beer...

He glares at the approaching dustcloud before moving to find cover sturdy enough to protect from the biting sand.

Perception w/-8: [roll0]

Pallid
2014-01-04, 03:36 AM
One of his kind had shown up on the outskirts of their town as the end of the world was coming to fruition, lovely. He could almost see the pitchforks in his future after whatever this mess with the rain was settled with. And exactly what was he doing on the edge of some nameless town when he should have been half way home by now anyhow? A belch came unbidden to him and he swiftly covered it with his hand, the reluctant taste of it jogging his foggy memory.

He had gotten into a drinking contest with the mountain of flesh that named itself Alastor that much he remembered, after that..things got fuzzy. Remembering the past few days would come later, the end of the world was happening now.

"What are the chances this is all just some wizard's prank gone horribly horribly wrong?" He muttered under his breath adjusting his gloves a bit as he looked around them.

[roll0]

Bom Ferro
2014-01-05, 01:18 PM
The drow manages to spot something just before it approaches the group of adventurers...

Surprise round!

Only Dark Star/??? may act and take a single standard action each.

??? is 420 ft away, and has only been noticed by the drow monk.
??? can be identified with a Knowledge(Planes) check, but appears to be a raging whirlwind of great size(60ft high, 30ft wide at the top. The lower half of it is obscured by a dust & debris cloud).

This may be a good time for everyone to roll Initiative.

???: Initiative 43/23

Morcleon
2014-01-05, 01:58 PM
Lucerna hops off her perch on a nearby building, coasting over to another one, peeking at the dust cloud. A flurry of ectoplasm extends from her outstretched fingers, coalescing into the shape of an umbrella. She opens up this umbrella to guard against the rain and grimaces at her surroundings. "That's... odd, to say the least. Damn cloud probably has something hiding in it too..."

Perception (w/ aid another from psicrystal): [roll0]

Initiative: [roll1]

Pallid
2014-01-05, 05:42 PM
"So, not to worry anyone, but that windstorm isn't a windstorm. It's a creature and it seems to be heading for us." He said simply staring down the massive thing on a warpath for them, a grin spreading across his face. A small reasonable part of him, told him that it thing was made of moving air and a bad attitude and that logic dictated that he couldn't body slam it around. A larger less reasonable part of him told him he could, and damn well should. That decided he prepared himself for the rampaging whirlwind in coming, bracing himself to punch it soon as it was within he range.

Readying action, unarmed strike.
[roll0] Init

greenpotato
2014-01-05, 06:12 PM
Felarnas Initiative [roll0]

redfeline
2014-01-05, 07:55 PM
Valous's initiative [roll0]

Bom Ferro
2014-01-06, 03:44 AM
The whirlwind approaches, and the drow readies himself to punch the force of nature that is headed for the five adventurers.

420' distance; 130' closer during surprise round. 290' away at the start of combat.

Initiative:
??? 43
??? 23
Alastor the cowardly smart barbarian 18(+50' distance to Elemental)
Lucerna 17
Sir Punchington of Grabbitygrab 13
Felarna 6
Valous 3

??? moves 520' during its first turn, running in a straight line towards the drow monk, triggering the readied action.

If the elemental is able to act after being punched, it will move the remaining 230' of its running distance, attempting to damage([roll2d8+12[/roll] bludgeoning, DC 30 Reflex negates) and pick up(DC 30 Reflex negates) the drow monk.

The second turn of the elemental largely depends on the punch and the success/failure of the pickup maneuver, so I'll wait for Pallid's reply.

Pallid
2014-01-06, 04:05 PM
With the living whirlwind of doom within punching distance, the drow cocked himself back and launched at while glowing a pale gray. He was aiming to punch it at what he assumed was the base of it, sinking into practiced routine kata. Punch, while the opponent is staggered clinch, squeeze, dismantle at leisure. The fact that he was attempting to do with this with wind didn't stop the procedure.

Kata!
Unarmed Strike+Inescapable Grasp
[roll0]
Successful strike damage
[roll1]
Grapple attempt via Grab
[roll2]
Constrict Damage if successfully grappled
[roll3]

Bom Ferro
2014-01-08, 03:13 AM
The drow monk successfully punches the raging whirlwind, but fails to grapple it. In turn, he is roughly picked up and carried away by the living tornado.

Annoyed by the punch, the air elemental carries the monk even further away, apparently trying to seperate it from its potential allies...

Star is stuck in the whirlwind(-4 penalty to Dex, -2 penalty to attacks), has taken 5 damage so far, and is currently 750' away from his original position(The second turn was spent running 520', continueing the line from its first run action).
The elemental has damage reduction, which has been noted by the monk as he punched it.

The other party members have seen a raging whirlwind rush towards the drow, pick him up, and surge rapidly away in a straight line, carrying him out of sight.

Pallid
2014-01-08, 06:50 AM
Punch a whirlwind and suddenly it wants to be offended by it! The nerve of the damn thing, he was just fine on the ground, and now he was being carried about like a common piece of paper. As soon as he wasn't wrapped up in a cannon of his own cloak he was going to have words with the living tornado. And by words, he meant more punches. Maybe a kick or two.

Pallid
2014-01-08, 01:58 PM
With a bit of finesse Star managed to unravel himself from the grip of the whirlwind and stand on his own two feet, in a manner of speaking at least he was still hovering in the air near the creature. A quick glimpse of his surroundings now that he was being being tossed about by the winds alerted him just how far the creature had taken him. Well, at least he was sobered up pretty quickly by the events that transpired, which only resulted in the reasonable conclusion of him feeling a massive headache brewing for him. When was the last time that was even a thing for him? Thirty, forty years ago? He couldn't remember, after a while into his training he just stopped getting drunk at all. How much did he and the brute drink over the past few days? He didn't know why much, but he knew he was going to be paying for it faster then he'd like too, and the cause of it was whirling near by.

“Why?! Why today did you bastards decide to wreck up the place?!” The drow spat out in Auran, strictly speaking the decidedly vulgar mannerisms he was using wasn't something he normally used, but he was having a rough day. In his drunk state he was able to go on muscle reflex, but it seemed in his sober state he was off but by the surreal experience of a hangover and instead opted to grip the creature by the throat, lift it off the ground and shake it.

“Why not tomorrow, when I home, drunk and happy?!” Logically speaking, picking up a sixty foot whirlwind by the throat and tossing it about like a pissed off midwife shouldn't be a thing. But he was hungover, didn't know where he was, was just tossed about in a whirlwind and wet. Logic be damned at the moment. “Where did you even get all this damned water?” He questioned as he shook the thing again.

Hangover rage!
Grapple check+Inescapable grasp
[roll0]
If Successful constrict damage
[roll1]
Maintain Grapple check
[roll2]
If successful, constrict and target is pinned.
[roll3]

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-08, 02:12 PM
Alastor growls as the hurricane-thing runs away like a cowering pissant. Though he can't see where it is, he can see where it was heading, and that's good enough for him. With a word his cloak grows wings, and he flies at breakneck speed to try and catch up to the mass of whatever so he can hit it in the face with his sword.

Fly speed of 60, so I run for a total of 240ft in this round.

Morcleon
2014-01-08, 02:49 PM
As the monstrous air elemental whisks the drow away, Lucerna raises an eyebrow, then grins. "Ah, finally an elemental that can do actual tactics. A nice gesture, even though it's futile..."

She closes her eyes and murmurs a short Word of Power. The world around her warps, slowing down until everything has come to a halt. Opening her eyes, she grins. Twenty-four seconds was more than enough to prepare herself. She lays a hand on her two creations, and shifts away, in the direction of her prey.

Appearing in a burst of bright violet light that no one was around to appreciate, Lucerna quickly wills into effect a bubble of warped light and a powerful metabolic feedback loop. And then she unfreezes time. She sees the tornado, she sees the drunken drow attempting to strangle it. And she sends a single invisible lance of psychic energy into the elemental, removing that which makes it it.

Swift: Manifest extended augmented temporal acceleration (16 PP), gaining 4 rounds of apparent time.
Round 1:
Move: Regain psionic focus
Standard: Manifest overchannel (2) dimension door (6 PP), taking my two (invisible) astral constructs along with me, teleporting 560' in the direction the air elemental went, and taking 3d8 damage. (at this point, I am 190' away from the air elemental)
Damage: [roll0]
Due to the air elemental's size (gargantuan, because it's 60' tall), it takes a -12 to Stealth, which similarly means that the range that you can see it by is increased by 120'. As Lucerna's Perception is +15 with the rain, she can see the air elemental if it's within (1d20+27)*10 ft. This gives a minimum distance of 280' and a maximum distance of 470', with an average of 370'

Due to this, the logical approach for a scouting location would be 560' in the direction of the air elemental's path, which puts Lucerna in a position to view the maximum amount of unseen space.

Round 2:
Double move: Fly to a point 60' away from the elemental.
Astral Constructs: Move to be 15' away from the elemental.

Round 3:
Standard: Manifest extended true metabolism (16 PP), 7 hrs 20 min.
Move: Regain psionic focus.

Round 4:
Standard: Manifest extended concealing amorpha, greater (6 PP), 44 rounds.

Standard: Manifest overchannel (3) twinned ego whip (21 PP), targeting the air elemental. Deals 2 x 5d4 Cha damage, with a DC 32 Will save to halve each portion.
Damage: [roll1] Cha + [roll2] Cha.
Damage to self: [roll3]

Astral Construct Attacks:
Attack 1a:
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Attack 1b:
Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Attack 1c:
Attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

Attack 2a:
Attack: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Attack 2b:
Attack: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]

Attack 2c:
Attack: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15]
Condition:
HP: 246/260
PP: 370/477

Bom Ferro
2014-01-09, 06:04 AM
Alastor chases the elemental, but apparently, it has moved too far for him to regain line of sight.

The drunken drow monk, Star, somehow manages to escape the whirlwind, then grapple the elemental and keep it tightly secured in his inescapable grasp.

The image of a flying monk shaking a living tornado by the 'throat' might be strange, but it roughly describes what happened..

Lucerna calls upon her servants and her mental power, teleporting after the elemental and launching a potent psionic attack which badly wounds the pinned elemental's ego, but fails to defeat it.

redfeline
2014-01-09, 11:25 AM
"Fast bugger." Valous looks around for an avaible horse to borrow for the duration of this crisis and give chace.

If none is found she will start running in that direction. Movement is 4 times medium armor pace 80ft.

greenpotato
2014-01-09, 07:39 PM
With all of the potentially suspicious allies riding off after the whirlwind Felarna turns her attention to the gathered peasants...

She casts polar midnight on as many peasants as she can fit in a 30ft spread.
[roll0] cold damage and [roll1] dexterity damage. A DC 33 fortitude save negates the dex damage.

Bom Ferro
2014-01-10, 03:25 AM
Valous looks around, but unfortunately, doesn't find a horse amidst the chaotic situation. He runs on foot in the general direction where the whirling air elemental was headed.

Felarna takes advantage of the confusion and her rapidly leaving fellow adventurers to create some raw material for potential undead minions...

[roll0] peasants are slain by her powerful spell. The previous cabbage vendor proves to be more resilient, and is apparently still alive, though encased in ice.

-----

Meanwhile, 750' away from Felarna, 670' away from Valous, 510' away from Alastor, 60' away from Lucerna, 30' away from Lucerna's astral constructs, and currently located in the firm grip of Star, the mythic air elemental struggles against the drow monk, but fails to escape.

An Earthquake shakes the ground beneath Valous and Felarna, a fissure swallowing the frozen cabbage vendor.

Two huge creatures rise from the trembling earth, resembling rough humanoids made from living stone. As they face the paladin and the witch, a savage grin splits whatever passes for their faces, revealing glittering diamond teeth.

Both adopt a crouching posture, apparently readying themselves for something....

Round 2: Air elemental attempts to escape the grapple, twice, but has no chance to do so(+34 CMB grapple, +32 Escape Artist, +1d8 mythic surge -> maximum result is 62, vs CMD of 65, so...he sorta wiggles around a bit, but fails to do anything. Since I forgot to calculate Air mastery last turn, he has 2 more HP than before(=> 142/244 HP instead of 140/244 HP), but that hardly matters.

Two big rocky enemies rise from the ground and join the fight. They are right between Valous/Felarna, outside the Polar midnight zone, and more than 10' away from the Polar midnight zone.

So, ~ 40' distance to Valous/Felarna
~ 160' distance to Alastor
~ 710' distance to Star, who is still grappling the air elemental and gets another +5 to grapple this turn since the whirlwind failed to escape
~650' distance to Lucerna

Initiative order:
Mythic Air Elemental(pinned) 43/23
Alastor 18
Lucerna 17
Sir punchington of Grabbitygrab 13
Big Rock #1 13
Big Rock #2 10
Felarna 6
Valous 3

Knowledge(planes) checks to identify the two new opponents.
Valous/Felarna need to succeed on a DC 15 Reflex save or fall prone.

greenpotato
2014-01-10, 08:20 AM
[roll0] Reflex
[roll1] Knowledge plains.

(btw how come they get to act before me if they appear after I cast my spell)

Bom Ferro
2014-01-10, 08:49 AM
Felarna identifies the two monsters as Divine (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-monsters/mythic-simple-templates) Mythic Earth Elementals (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-monsters/mythic-elemental-earth).

Simple. You cast your spell on turn 1, and they appear on Turn 2 -> since they have a higher initiative than you, they act first(mainly by rising from the ground and readying an unknown action.

greenpotato
2014-01-10, 09:37 AM
Ok, I think I get what you mean.

On my turn 2;

Move Action: Use Fly speed to move up and away from the elementals 60ft

Swift Action: Use Quickened Heightened Persistent Dazing Enervation at rock head 1 [roll0] to hit [roll1] negative levels and a DC 31 will save (roll twice and use the worse) or be dazed for 4 rounds. Loosing a Heal to do so.

Standard Action: Ray of Exhaustion at rock 2 [roll2] DC 28 fortitude.

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-10, 10:39 AM
Noticing the strange rumbling and that it is probably closer than the hurricane and drow (who looked strangely familiar; damn drunk blackouts), Alastor turns and double moves where he just came, noticing the rock-thingies without much trouble.

120' double move, so 30' from the earth elementals in the air

Morcleon
2014-01-10, 12:46 PM
Lucerna sighs. It seemed this specimen of elemental was more willful than the rest. She glares at it again, striking again with her mind before flashing herself and her creations back to the other battle.

Standard: Manifest empowered augmented ego whip (12 PP). DC 28 half.
Damage: [roll0] + [roll1] Cha
EDIT: This is enough to drop the air elemental's Cha to 0, regardless of if it saves or not.

Move: Fly over to her astral constructs.

Swift: Manifest quickened dimension door (12 PP) to teleport to 40' from the two earth elementals.
Condition:
HP: 246/260
PP: 346/477

redfeline
2014-01-10, 07:24 PM
Valous initiative 3: Just in case my turn comes up and I can't post.

"Small miracle there was no horse" on her turn Valous will close in 20ft max, to a flanking position if possible. She will attack fighting defensively if possible or total defense if not. Either way she will enter crane style.

If our rock friends are evil and DM permits Leos will ready an action to counter spell. Otherwise he simply chills.

rolls

attack 1 [roll0] damage [roll1]
counter attack [roll2] damage [roll3]
counter spell if some how needed [roll4]

Bom Ferro
2014-01-11, 09:53 AM
Lucerna knocks the struggling air elemental out with another psionic attack, then flies to her invisible constructs and teleports away, appearing in the vicinity of her companions who are facing two huge, animate rocks.

Alastor notices the new opponents, so turns around and moves back to assist his fellow adventurers.

Valous moves towards the rocky creatures and assumes a defensive stance, wielding her sword in one hand and keeping the other ready to protect herself.

Felarna flies upward, gaining some altitude and distance towards the mythic earth elementals, before unleashing her favored magic in the blink of an eye.

However, they seem to have anticipated an attack, and both create a slanted 15'x25' Wall of Stone to protect themselves. Without a clear target, the witch loses her first spell, and refrains from casting the second one.

As she hesitates, the elementals act again...

Shifting slightly towards the paladin, both elementals attempt to slam and stun the holy champion of *insert deity of Valous*. As they reach out with their stony limbs, the paladin's blade flashes, biting deep into the elemental who attacked first.
The elementals retaliate, hitting twice, relying on their natural ability to trap weapons to try and disarm their current target.

The Elementals' readied action triggers, they cast [i]Wall of Stone[.i] and break Line of Effect/Line of Sight as Felarna casts her quickened spell, which fizzles harmlessly against the stone walls.

The elementals 5'-step towards valous, use their 15' reach to fullattack her:
First attack brings a limb within reach, readied attack triggers -> damage, chance for weapon to be trapped -> Valous needs to make a DC 31 Reflex save to keep her weapon.

The first attack is then automatically deflected via crane style, provokes an AoO which can hit the outstretched limb with IUS(if weapon is trapped) or with the weapon(if not; in this case, another DC 31 Reflex save to keep the weapon is required).

The second attack hits for 42 damage.

The second elemental attacks, hits for 32 damage, then misses even with mythic surge augmenting the second attack.

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-11, 11:27 AM
Spying the enemies, Alastor clicks his heel together quickly to activate his boots' Haste ability, and then flies into a murderous rage before charging at the closest earth-mound-thing.

He gladly provokes an attack from the enemy for the chance to close in and eviscerate it from above (OOC: He is still flying, and is thus not on the ground); if his weapon becomes stuck, then he continues attacking with the claws that appeared when his rage began.

Free action activate Boots of Speed, and Free action to enter rage. Strength 38, Constitution 34, Current HP 500/500, Natural Armor bonus increased by +6, dodge +1 to AC from Haste, current AC 47.

Charge action then Pounce for full attack; +2 to-hit, -2 AC-->AC 45. Power Attacking for -6/+18 to-hit/damage. +6 damage due to Witch-Hunter rage power because they have spells. First attack's modifier is unchanged due to Furious Focus.

[roll0]
[roll1]+8 damage from Vicious enchantment

[roll2] (Haste'd attack)
[roll3]+2 damage from Vicious enchantment

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

Will roll Reflex saves for the attacks that hit to avoid losing my sword. If I do lose my sword, then I'll continue attacking with my freed-up claws.

greenpotato
2014-01-11, 05:20 PM
Move Action: Get a little closer to the Elementals

Standard Action: Hit the least wounded elemental with Misfortune Hex DC 34 will save.

(if my hex works this would be a good time for another caster to hit it with a SOD, their will is pretty low)

Bom Ferro
2014-01-12, 04:27 AM
Star is 705' feet away from the whole combat, he could run 360' towards you if he wanted...or he could remain alone and probably meet/grapple monsters that show up where he is.

Lucerna is 35' away from the elementals, Felarna is 30' away from the elementals, Alastor is 5' away from the elementals, Valous is 15' away from the elementals.

Everyone but Valous is flying, and thus enjoying the reduced accuracy/damage of the earth elemental's attacks against them.

The female aasimar endures the elemental's assault, keeping a firm grip on her blade even as she cuts one of them.

The barbarian rages and charges recklessly at the damaged elemental, quickly losing his sword but continueing his assault nonetheless, inflicting major damage.

Felarna the witch approaches dangerously close to the elementals, staying aloft and cursing one of them with Misfortune.

redfeline
2014-01-12, 09:37 PM
Valous reaches for her belt and pulls out a magic wand and casts cats grace.

[roll0] use magic device

After she reluctantly drops the wand.

Pallid
2014-01-13, 11:59 AM
That was the problem with surface people! They bumbled about outside of their means and mucked the whole thing up. Sure he was a little out of place saying that, considering he fought tooth and nail to a position of power within his own house while owning a penis but that was slightly different. One was him fighting and achieving his destiny, the other was people fumbling their jobs. He hated working with the priestesses and wizards back home, but at least they let him beat things up while they figured why he was being them up. He had fully expected the more “Intellectually inclined” to spend a few minutes going over tomes or pooling knowledge to figure out what in the Nine Layers was going on. Instead what he got was them jumping into the fray like they had the body of heavy lifters, instead of ones of heavy readers. And then she didn't even bother to give him a lift back!

“I'm going to put her in a headlock, soon as this is over, headlock.” He commented to the heavily sobbing elemental in his hands. The poor sod going on about how he tried his best and that he was never really accepted by his peers, and that was the reason he went first for the invasion. It was his chance to finally prove himself to the others, and it was taken from him and that he might as well end it all. “I don't have time for this.” He muttered darkly dropping the thing from his grasp as he looked around for the way back. He really didn't know where he was, and he couldn't really follow the path the way he came, he had been spinning around in a whirlwind, the directions meant exactly nothing to him at the moment. But positioning the darkness in front of him and turning so it was at his back, he guessed his eventual way back, then taking a deep breath centered him, and shot back towards what he thought was clustered group of the others.

Spending 1 KI point to increase speed by 20, 110 speed total, "running" back to the others.

Bom Ferro
2014-01-13, 04:04 PM
Thank you for this great post! You certainly made me laugh with your detailed reaction!

Darkstar's moves 440' towards the group; he can now see everyone in the group, including the elementals.

He is 265' away from the two earth elementals(one heavily damaged, one cursed with Misfortune)

Lucerna is 240' away from him
Valous is 240' away from him
Felarna is 30' above one elemental, so 265' away
Alastor is 260' away, at 25' elevation(the elementals are roughly 20' tall, and Alastor has 5' reach).

Initiative order: (Lucerna still has to act on Turn 3...then the information below applies)

Turn 4

Alastor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=742794) 18 (Raging, currently disarmed, flying at ~ 25' altitude next to BR #1)
Lucerna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737054) 17
Lucernas invisible Astral Construct A(rnold) 17
Lucernas invisible Astral Construct B(runo) 17
Sir Headlock the Terrible (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=738790) 13 (Has used 7 Ki so far, flying at ~ 60' altitude, >200' away from the group)
Big Rock #1 13 (Has taken 170 damage so far, appears to be heavily damaged; Alastor's weapon is stuck in it)
Big Rock #2 10 (Undamaged, but cursed with Misfortune)
Felarna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737730) 6 (Flying at ~ 50' altitude, directly above BR #2)
Valous (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737466) 3 (On the ground, at 244/300 HP, a wand of Cat's grace lying at her feet, within reach of BR #1)

The drow drops the depressed air elemental, and returns with great speed to the rest of his group he was forced to leave so abruptly...

At the end of his short run, he realizes they are battling some mighty earth elementals! Somehow, his drinking pal has lost his weapon, which apparently angers him greatly.

Morcleon
2014-01-13, 06:18 PM
Lucerna hovers in place, sighing. She brushes a few strands of hair out of her face, shivering as she feels a sudden mental burst of anger and annoyance from behind her. With a shrug, she dismisses it. Probably wasn't anyone wanting to cause her bodily harm. Nope, not at all.

"More elementals...?" She gestures vaguely at one of them, sending a deadly wave of psychic energy into it's brain.

Standard: Manifest overchannel (3) psychic crush (19 PP) on the elemental that has been Misfortune'd. DC 34 Will save with a +4 bonus (must roll twice and take worse result; misfortune). Success inflicts 9d6 damage, failure drops current HP to -1 (unconscious and dying).
Damage if failure: [roll0] untyped.

Astral Constructs:
Move/standard: Move and attack the elementals. If the psychic crush save failed, then one construct will go for each elemental. If it succeeded, then both will hit the one that is most damaged.
Attack 1: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Grapple check, if hit (from improved grab): [roll3]

Attack 2: [roll4]
Grapple check, if hit (from improved grab): [roll6]
Condition:
HP: 260/260
PP: 327/477

redfeline
2014-01-13, 10:30 PM
Turn 4: At least their is a large group of strong heroes in this town. That will help mitigate this evil, still I fear for towns less fortunate. I suppose I should stop holding what little power I have and fight in earnest.

Valous casts greater magic weapon defensively.

[roll0]

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-13, 11:02 PM
GIVE ME BACK MY SWORD YOU #%@&@* PIECE OF *%#&@ OR SO HELP ME I'LL SHOVE YOUR %$*#@ RIGHT UP YOUR #%^*@@!

Alastor is not happy about losing his sword, that much is very clear. He continues to rain vulgar and rather not nice epithets at the elemental with his sword in its gullet as he continues to rain down clawed blows against its stony hide.

Three claw attacks, all primary; AC 47, HP 500/500. I had forgotten that the claws deal 1d8 last round; not a major thing, but still. Power Attacking for -6/+12.

Fly check to hover: [roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

Pallid
2014-01-13, 11:44 PM
Star still several feet away from group angled his approach towards the elemental that had stolen from his drinking buddy. Was it unfair to jump the elemental like he was planning on? Yes, most certainly however due to him being a drow and a noble blessed one at that, he was unable to give a damn. It was on.

Moving 180 at an angle for the elemental.
Also, I'm currently at 5 Ki spent instead of 7, as it only costs 2 ki to use the grab ability for someone larger then my size not the actual grapple attempt. And I went for the standard grapple on the air elemental the second time around.

Bom Ferro
2014-01-14, 03:19 AM
Lucerna unleashes another psionic attack, crushing the cursed elemental's will to live and reducing it to unmoving rubble. Just to keep it down, she commands her two invisible constructs to whack it again, destroying it.

A burst of power washes over the gathered adventurers as the elemental's essence dissipates, yet fails to take hold - apparently, more mythic foes need to be slain before they can adopt the mantle of truly legendary heroes.

The angry sword-less barbarian verbally abuses the elemental that stole its sword, and tears into it with savage fury, literally ripping it apart. Again, as its remains crumble to the ground, a wave of mythic essence floods the area and imbues the adventurers with a faint promise of the power to come before fading away.

The paladin enchants her sword, readying herself for future opponents...and her caution is justified, as a few moments pass and three houses suddenly burst into flame, revealing three fierce creatures of living fire which immediately launch a set of mythic fireballs at the group of adventurers before veiling themselves with thick smoke clouds (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/pyrotechnics).

Lucerna destroys Big rock #2 on Turn 3, Alastor nearly destroys Big Rock #1 at the start of Turn 4(dealing 30+30+25 damage, putting it at -17/238, with destruction at -21 HP); since he forgot to have higher damage claws last round, I'll rule that it is destroyed.

Valous buffs, Star approaches, Felarna may buff herself/raise undead/whatever with her action on Turn 4(no enemies visible). Similarly, Lucerna may twiddle her thumbs or buff.
-----------------------

At the beginning of the next turn, 3 huge fiery creatures appear at 20'(on top of burning buildings) elevation, about 100' away.(Knowledge(planes) to identify...you can probably guess that they're going to be Mythic Fire elementals of some sort (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-monsters/mythic-elemental-fire))

The fire elementals cast mythic fireballs, creating three 40' radius explosions that deal fire damage(pierces resistance/immunity).
1st Fireball: dmg, Reflex DC 14 half -> failure means you catch fire, taking 2d6 fire dmg/round starting next turn
2nd Fireball: [roll1] dmg, Reflex DC 14 half ->failure: see above
3rd Fireball: [roll16d10 84 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16786880&postcount=54) dmg, Reflex DC 14 half ->failure: see above

Darkstar is not included in the blast radius, everyone else is.

They move across the roofs of some buildings, setting more stuff on fire, and use their swift action to create a smoke cloud, hiding within it(20' radius, and their space is 15')

Initiative order: (Lucerna/Felarna still have to act on Turn 4...then the information below applies; possibly, Lucerna's contingency trigger power might be triggered as the fireball beads streak towards them; at this point, the elementals are still clearly visible)

Turn 5
Fire #1 40 (20' altitude, on top of a burning building, hidden by choking smoke)
Fire #2 40 (20' altitude, on top of a burning building, hidden by choking smoke)
Fire #3 40 (20' altitude, on top of a burning building, hidden by choking smoke)
Alastor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=742794) 18 (Raging, currently disarmed, flying at ~ 25' altitude)
Lucerna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737054) 17 (Flying at ??? altitude)
Lucernas invisible Astral Construct A(rnold) 17 (Flying at ?? altitude)
Lucernas invisible Astral Construct B(runo) 17 (Flying at ?? altitude)
Sir Headlock the Terrible (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=738790) 13 (Has used 7 Ki so far, flying at ~ 60' altitude, 60' distance to Lucerna/Valous, 70' to the two constructs, 80' to Alastor, 85' distance to Felarna UNLESS SHE MOVES)
Felarna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737730) 6 (Flying at ~ 50' altitude)
Valous (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737466) 3 (On the ground, at 244/300 HP, a wand of Cat's grace lying at her feet)

Checks for SR:
Lucerna(if you have SR? I have no clue)
[roll2] vs SR ??
[roll3] vs SR ??
[roll4] vs SR ??

Alastor(if you have SR? I have no clue)
[roll5] vs SR ??
[roll6] vs SR ??
[roll7] vs SR ??

Felarna(if you have SR? I have no clue)
[roll8] vs SR ??
[roll9] vs SR ??
[roll10] vs SR ??

Valous(if you have SR? I have no clue)
[roll11] vs SR ??
[roll12] vs SR ??
[roll13] vs SR ??

greenpotato
2014-01-14, 06:06 AM
Reflex [roll0] with Evasion
Reflex [roll1] with Evasion
Reflex [roll2] with Evasion

Knowledge Planes [roll3]

Turn 4?:
Move: Move the Polar midnight closer to the surviving elemental.
Standard: Animal skin Hex to turn into a Raven

Turn 5?:
Move: Fly 60ft closer to the fire elementals
Swift: Quickened Heightened Dazing Enervation [roll4] to hit [roll5] negative levels and a DC 31 will or daze. At whatever elemental is the least damaged when we get to my count. Loosing a mass suggestion.
Standard: Glitterdust, hitting two or more of the fire elementals. DC 26 will or blinded.

Bom Ferro
2014-01-14, 07:45 AM
You evade all fireballs successfully, but the elementals are hidden within smoke clouds that obscure all vision. Unless you have Fogcutting lenses or some other means to see through fog/smoke, you cannot target them with enervation. Glitterdust may be aimed at a point in space, but you cannot determine wether you hit any elementals or not.

((Ignore the text above if your party members deal with the smoke before you act on turn 5))

The monsters are Arcane (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-monsters/mythic-simple-templates) Mythic Fire elementals (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-monsters/mythic-elemental-fire)

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-14, 11:29 AM
THAT &$%#@ HURT YOU FIERY PIECE OF DRAGON PISS!

Looking down to his great sword, then to the choking clouds, he momentarily calms down to say, Can someone get my sword so I can beat those bastards into ashes? Um...please? I guess?

Strangely, his sword seems to pick itself up and carry itself to him. Blinking, he takes the sword and can make out vague distortions in the light. Uh, thanks, invisible something-or-other.

Face twisting as his fury comes upon him once more, he charges at the nearest smoke cloud and runs it through with his sword. BEGONE YOU DAMNED VILE DARK MAGIC; COME AND GET ME, YOU BASTARDS!

Reflex saves: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Spell Sunder check, using bonus from Strength Surge to add +20 to the check:
[roll3]

Activating "Come And Get Me"; they gain +4 to-hit/damage, and I get to attack them just before they attack me. AC 45 currently after charge.

Morcleon
2014-01-14, 11:58 PM
The dormant fireballs streak to their destination, catching the group by surprise. Lucerna barely has time to turn her head before they detonate in burst of fire and sound.

"...ah crap, those things are going to be a hassle, aren't they...?" She groans as the world around her takes on a dull grey hue, everything frozen in time. Turning to the nearby starbursts, she giggles softly, forming three ectoplasmic shells around them to catch the magical flames.

Lucerna glances backward at the drow, frozen in the action of running. Blushing sheepishly, she quickly flies over and teleports him back to the vicinity of the fire elementals before collapsing into a murky, shadowy form.

And then she blinks, and time flows normally again. And then she launches, in quick succession, two torrents of icy wind and snow, crystallizing the air as it passes.

Trigger Power (temporal acceleration) Actions:Round 1:
Standard: Manifest overchannel (2) wall of ectoplasm (6 PP) in a sphere around the three fireball pellets.
Damage (to self): [roll0]

Round 2:
Standard: Manifest overchannel (2) wall of ectoplasm (6 PP) in a sphere around the three fireball pellets.
Damage (to self): [roll1]

Round 3:
Damage (to self): [roll2]

Round 4:
Move: 60' over to Star.
Standard: Manifest fold space (6 PP), bringing Star with me to about 40' from the fire elementals.

Round 5:
Standard: Manifest extended shadow body (18 PP). Lasts for 44 minutes.

Round 6:
Standard: Manifest extended touchsight (6 PP). Lasts for 44 minutes.
Move: Regain psionic focus (change active energy type to cold).

Round 7:
Double move: Fly to a location that allows me to catch all three fire elementals with a 120' cone without hitting any allies. Due to the fact that a "cone" is actually a 3D cone with the bottom replaced by a sector of a circle, this should be fairly easy.

Round 8:
Do nothing. :smalltongue:

Swift: Manifest overchannel (3) quickened energy wave (cold) (21 PP), catching the three fire elementals in a 120' cone. DC 32 Fort save for half.
Damage: [roll3] cold * 1.5 = 117 cold
Damage (to self): [roll4]

Standard: Manifest overchannel (3) empowered twinned energy wave (cold) (21 PP), catching all three fire elementals in a 120' cone. DC 31 Fort save for half.
Damage: [roll5] cold * 1.5 = 340 cold
Damage (to self): [roll6]

Astral Constructs:
Full-round (both): Charge the fire elemental that Alastor has dispelled the smoke clound on.
Attack 1: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Grapple check (if hit): [roll9]

Attack 2: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]
Grapple check (if hit): [roll12]

Condition:
HP: 222/260
PP: 237/477

Pallid
2014-01-15, 12:05 PM
Thankfully out of the blast radius of the fireballs that rocked the area for a moment before being swiftly dealt with by the psion, the monk continued his flight his mind following the events of the fight and detailing the best course of action. He might have commented that watching someone kill smoke with a sword seemed pretty outlandish, but not a few moments prior he was choking a tornado, so he hardly had the room to judge. But it seemed the moving blaze of fire had concealed itself in a dome of some sort to protect itself, which meant the others probably had that ability. Annoying but not without ways of dealing with them, but for now he focused on the one that he could still see. He was still too far away to do any really damage to the bubble, but he could make a nice big crack for his angry friend to focus on. Blitzing towards the sphere he turned himself at the last moment delivering a massive flying kick to the sphere. All the while screaming out loud:

"WHEN DID I MOVE!!" He blamed the elementals.

Ki Strike Charge
[roll0]
[roll1] Feet count as, Magic,lawful,cold iron,silver, adamantine

redfeline
2014-01-15, 12:31 PM
Valous: "This is one crazy ass fight" I swiftly touch myself healing wounds with the white light of magic as I sprint in the direction of our new enemies.

(My turn should end 20ft away if my math isn't off.)

Bom Ferro
2014-01-16, 02:58 AM
Lucerna's dormant magic stopped time just before the fireballs exploded, allowing the psion to contain them in several layered, spherical Walls of Ectoplasm, buff herself, teleport the drow closer, and position herself above the elementals, which promptly veiled themselves in smoke.

Alastor, who recovered his sword after the earth elemental's demise, performed a bloodcurdling battlecry and charged at the smoke, somehow channeling his rage in a way that allowed him to murder a smoke cloud...after being struck, an entire 40'x40' section of the smoke bank dispersed.

Lucerna unleashed waves of frost in a mighty cone which covered the entire hidden area and the newly revealed elemental, which warded itself with a force bubble after tasting the first of her evocations.

Her constructs charged and attempted to break through the force bubble around the sole visible elemental, with no success.

The drow monk, briefly disoriented due to the sudden displacement during the temporal hiccup caused by the psion, wasted no time in charging the force bubble, delivering a powerful kick but failing to breach it.

Felarna, in the shape of a raven, flew closer and unleashed a Glitterdust spell which successfully blinded the fire elemental, while revealing the two huge, invisible servants of Lucerna and coating Alastor and Darkstar in golden, sparkling dust.

Valous healed herself and moved closer.

The visible elemental performed some magic that the magically inclined among you can easily identify as Delayed Blast Fireball, then glared at you from behind the feeble forceshield that was still protecting it.

The other elementals do not appear from the smoke sections they are hiding inside of, and do not perform any actions which affect you or hint at their existence.

Alright, Force bubble has 28/160 HP remaining, the fire elemental has cast Delayed Blast Fireball, you have no idea when the fireball will explode.
The other two elementals have done mysterious things inside the smoke.
-----------------------

Initiative order:

Turn 5
Fire #1 40 (20' altitude, on top of a burning building, warded by a force sphere with 28/160 HP remaining)
Fire #2 40 (20' altitude, on top of a burning building, hidden by choking smoke)
Fire #3 40 (20' altitude, on top of a burning building, hidden by choking smoke)
Alastor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=742794) 18 (Raging, flying at ~ 20' altitude, 20' away from elemental/20' from the other smoke sections)
Lucerna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737054) 17 (Flying at 120' altitude, above elementals)
Lucernas invisible Astral Construct A(rnold) 17 (Flying at 30' altitude, 15' away from the elemental/25' from the other smoke sections)
Lucernas invisible Astral Construct B(runo) 17 (Flying at 30' altitude, 15' away from elemental/25' from the other smoke sections)
Sir Kickass (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=738790) 13 (Has used 7 Ki so far, flying at ~ 25' altitude, 10' away from the elemental/30' from the other smoke sections)
Felarna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737730) 6 (Flying at ~ 50' altitude, about 40' distance to the elemental)
Valous (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737466) 3 (On the ground, at 300/300 HP, 20' away from elemental // other smoke sections)

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-16, 03:56 PM
Alastor nearly blows a gasket at being randomly coated in shiny, sparkly dust. He has other things to worry about, however, like the stinking fire elementals that haven't shown themselves yet. Rotten cowardly bastards.

Reigning his anger in, he says lucidly, Oi, Darky, keep pummeling that forcefield thing. Crack it wide open so we can take out that cowardly piece of horse sh*t.

Mind-lady, I'm going to take out more of the smoke, so try to take out one of the others if you can. Okay, let's do this!

With that, he works himself back up into a rage, shouting, I'LL USE YOUR CORPSE AS A COOKING FIRE!* He flies over to the nearest smoke cloud and attempts to sunder it as well, his rage giving power to his single-minded endeavor.

*Note: Alastor does not know if fire elementals continue to burn after they die, and he doesn't rightly care.

Exiting rage as a free action, speaking as a free action, then entering rage as a free action to regain the use of Spell Sunder and Strength Surge. Move 20' then sundering the nearest smoke cloud.

Sunder check: [roll0]

Pallid
2014-01-16, 06:56 PM
'Darky'

It was still raining that awful black liquid, there were fires raging near by and he was faced with an explosion barely contained by the flimsy spell that kept him away from the moving flame. Added to that there was the very real chance that if he failed here that the calamity could reach his home in the underdark. His life, the fate of his home and quite possibly the very world around them was in danger, and it wasn't until the slight of his title did Zakn'aste Rasivrein bring himself to heel.

The title Dark Star was something earned within the Underdark monastery, and at the death of the previous Dark Star. A sign that you had earned the right to teach, and you were without peer when it came to your art. There were drow nearly triple his age that hadn't achieved it and never would with them being unable to break their own glass ceilings. And Zakn'aste had done it when he was still just a child, standing over the broken body of his sire to earn it. And here he was bumbling about like he was fifty shouting at people and running amok. It was quite possible Alastor had no idea of the grievous error that he had afforded Zakn'aste, one of which had another drow been around to witness he would have had to have asked Alastor's life in payment, but Zakn'aste knew of it and it shamed him still. Well shame was a strong word, Drow were above such things as shame, but he had made a mistake and he had to correct that. He could hardly blame the raging man for not showing proper due to his title if he himself wasn't doing so.

Running his hands through his hair, depositing the accumulated unholy water from it with a splatter Zakn'aste took a deep breath and closed his eyes. With his exhale he slipped into a fluid stance, his hands curled slightly and held aloft in front of him.

“Sorry about the wait. I'll be with you shortly.” He said with the wispy native tongue of fire, opening his eyes with a slow arrogance to stare at the elemental before becoming a blur of motion.

Motion!:
Ki Strike Attack vs Barrier
[roll0]
[roll1] Magic, Silver, Cold Iron, Lawful, Adamantine

Ki Strike Attack vs Elemental or Barrier if still intact
[roll2]
[roll3] Magic, Silver, Cold Iron, Lawful, Adamantine

Ki Strike Attack vs Elemental or Barrier if still intact
[roll4]
[roll5] Magic, Silver, Cold Iron, Lawful, Adamantine

redfeline
2014-01-16, 07:55 PM
Valous: Okay time to continue my change in tactics. Valous charges forward to the visible fire elemental. Using both hands she slashes with all of her might.

[roll0] magic weapon plus charge
[roll1]

Morcleon
2014-01-17, 12:04 AM
"...mind-lady? Eh, as nicknames go, I suppose it's not the worst choice." Lucerna chuckles, twirling her crystalline scepter around in her shadowy hand.

She folds her wings and drops like a stone, her vaguely visible shadowy form fluttering through the sky. After barely a second of falling, Lucerna snaps her wings open and lashes out with two bright golden beams, one targeting the newly revealed fire-elemental-in-a-bubble, the second lancing into the cloud, guided to the correct position by her telekinetic sight.

Free: Fall 60'.

Standard: Manifest split ray disintegration (12 PP), targeting the newly-exposed-by-Alastor elemental-in-a-bubble and using touchsight to target the elemental-in-a-bubble still hidden in the smoke. Disintegration automatically pops the force spheres if it hits.
Touch attack (recently uncovered): [roll0]
Touch attack (one still in smoke): [roll1]

Astral Constructs:
Full-round (both): Charge the second fire elemental that Alastor has just dispelled the smoke cloud on, after Lucerna has popped the bubble.
Attack 1: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Grapple check (if hit): [roll4]

Attack 1: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Grapple check (if hit): [roll7]
Condition:
HP: 234/260
PP: 225/477

greenpotato
2014-01-17, 01:51 AM
"Caw! Caw!" a raven cries as it flaps against the winds and the rain and heads towards the elementals. It's eyes gleam as its tiny claws point like a finger at one of the elementals.

Move: get with 30ft of a visible elemental
Standard: Forced reincarnation hex DC 34 will or Those that fail are slain and immediately brought back to life with the spell reincarnate. and as elementals cannot be reincarnated it is just Those that fail are slain (agree/disagree DM?)

Bom Ferro
2014-01-17, 07:55 AM
Alastor manages to stop his reality-defying fury for a brief moment, calmly discuss tactics with his allies, regain his adrenaline-fueled rush that covers the entire world in a red haze of FURY, moves, and casually stabs the next smoke cloud, somehow dispersing it with a single sword strike.

A second fire elemental is revealed, warded by a similar sphere of force, which is promply dispelled by Lucerna, who free-falls from the sky, fires two disintegration rays at the previously hidden foe, injuring it before commanding her sparkly constructs to attack it.

Zakn'aste Rasivrein pummels the force sphere he kicked a moment ago, shattering it with ease.
He proceeds to strike the elemental twice, staggering it with the force of his blows.

Felarna flies closer, in the shape of a raven, and curses the recently uncovered elemental with a life-twisting curse: Its life-force is snuffed out, but fails to return in a new body. A third surge of mythic power pulses over the adventurers, but it still isn't enough to elevate them to the extraordinary status that the elementals seem to possess.

Valous charges, striking the elemental who was punched by the drow, wounding it.

-----------------

However, the mighty adventurers faced some minor inconveniences resistance: The blind, staggered elemental burned the drow monk even as it was struck, then again - together with the paladin - a few moments afterwards.

One astral construct caught fire as it engaged the second fire elemental.

Two Delayed Blast Fireballs exploded, one injuring the two astral constructs and the other exploding between Zakn'aste and Valous...

The blind elemental conjured more smoke and vanished somewhere via Dimension Door, just before its last remaining companion launched yet another Mythic Fireball into the midst of the gathered combatants.

Even more smoke appeared...

Turn 5:
Alastor reveals Fire #2, Lucerna pops its forcefield and deals 67 dmg, a construct misses, another construct hits for 18 dmg and grapples it.
Said construct takes 10 fire damage and is on fire for 2 turns.
Turn 6 dmg:[roll0]
Turn 7 dmg:[roll1] Irrelevant, as the mythic fireball destroyed the burning astral construct

Zakn'aste attacks Fire #1, destroying the forcefield, staggering it via Stunning Fist for 2 turns and hitting it for 19 and 17(=36)dmg, taking 12+9 fire damage in return. He needs to pass two DC 22 Reflex saves to avoid catching fire for 4 turns; if he fails, he takes 3 additional fire damage as his hair starts to burn as well.

Felarna flies closer and hexes Fire #2, killing it.

Valous charges and hits Fire #2 for 18 damage.

-------------------------
Turn 6:
Fire #1 uses Shround of Flame to deal [roll2] fire dmg to Zakn'aste / Valous(Reflex DC 22 negates)

Delayed Blast Fireball #1 explodes, dealing 61 fire dmg(Reflex DC 18 half) to Valous/Zakn'aste.

Delayed Blast Fireball #2 explodes, dealing [roll3] fire dmg(Reflex DC 18 half) to the two Astral Constructs.
Reflex Saves:[roll4] Astral Construct A(144/144 -> 47/144HP after mythic fireball, see below)
Reflex Saves:[roll5] Astral Construct B(134/144 -> -1/144HP, burning -> DESTROYED after mythic fireball, see below)

Fire #1 creates more smoke(covering Valous/Zakn'aste; Fort save DC 22 or take -4 penalty to STR/DEX as long as you stay in the cloud +[roll6] afterwards), then uses Dimension door to teleport away, hiding in a smoke cloud created earlier by Fire #3.

Fire #3 launches a Mythic Fireball, dealing 76 fire damage(Reflex DC 14 half, ignores resistance/immunity) to all party members.
Reflex Saves:[roll7] Astral Construct A(47/144HP after mythic fireball)
Reflex Saves:[roll8] Astral Construct B(-1/144HP = DESTROYED after mythic fireball)

Fire #3 proceeds to create more smoke, then moves.

-----------------------

Initiative order:

Turn 6

Fire #1 40 (20' altitude, hidden by choking smoke)
Fire #3 40 (20' altitude, hidden by choking smoke)
Alastor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=742794) 18 (Raging, flying at ~ 20' altitude, 20'/40'/60' from the other smoke sections)
Lucerna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737054) 17 (Flying at 60' altitude, above Alastor)
Lucernas invisible Astral Construct A(rnold) 17 (Flying at 30' altitude, 20'/40'/60' away from the other smoke sections; 47/144 HP)
Lucernas invisible Astral Construct B(runo) 17 (Flying at 30' altitude, 20'/40'/60' away from the other smoke sections; -1/144 HP, (ON FIRE) DESTROYED)
Zakn'aste Rasivrein (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=738790) 13 (Has used 7 Ki//1 Stunning Fist so far, flying at ~ 25' altitude, inside a smoke cloud, 20'/40' away from the other smoke sections)
Felarna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737730) 6 (Flying at ~ 45' altitude, above Alastor)
Valous (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=737466) 3 (On the ground, inside a smoke cloud, 20'/40' away from the other smoke sections)

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-17, 01:40 PM
This whole shuffling around and hiding that the fire things are doing only serve to piss Alastor off even further. And that last fireball hurt, damn it! He wants to cut flesh (flame...flesh...whatever!), not this piddly smoke. Clicking his heels to end his Boots' effect, he throttles his anger long enough to call out, Can somebody tell me which smoke cloud to kill this time?

After Lucerna indicates which cloud Fire #1 is hiding in (since talking is a free action and can be done even when it's not your initiative count), he runs for it, yelling, AND FOR THE LOVE OF BOOZE, SOMEONE HOLD THESE BASTARDS STILL! His rage at being unable to chop off their heads is channeled into his swing in order to reveal one yet again.

Ragecycle, and end the Boots of Speed (about 4 rounds spent, 6 left for the day). Spell Sunder+Strength Surge yet again.

[roll0]

Morcleon
2014-01-18, 12:31 AM
The blast of magic-infused plasma strikes the shadow of Lucerna, and she deftly slips out of the way, only suffering a few minor burns. With a grimace, she coughs and shakes the smoldering sparks away from her. "Dammit, that actually hurt!"

She points a shadowy appendage downward and hurls twin beams of lucent yellow lances at the elementals hiding in the smoke.

Standard: Manifest overchannel (3) split ray augmented disintegration (15 PP). DC 32 Fort save for smaller damage amount.
Damage to self: [roll0]
Touch attack 1: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Damage if successful save: [roll3]

Touch attack 2: [roll4]
Damage if successful save: [roll6]

Astral Constructs:
Arnold has Fast Healing 2. Due to the lack of targets at the moment, he readies his turn to charge the first enemy in sight.
Attack: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Grapple in case of hit: [roll9]
Condition:
HP: 190/260
PP: 210/477

redfeline
2014-01-18, 11:26 AM
Valous: Checking the state of her allies Valous notices no one overly harmed by the fire but all suffering fairly significant wounds. I move 20 ft away from the elementals while keeping as many allies close to me as I can.

"Get the fire away from me and if your hurt stay close."

Valous uses 2 lay of hands to heal all living creatures in a 30ft radius for 60 hp.

I would delay action but I have initiative 3, so not much point.

Pallid
2014-01-18, 03:19 PM
The forcefield that had once stood between him and his quarry vanished under his precise striking, leaving him to get up close and person with the being of living fire. Thusly when his hands began pummeling the creature into submission he was reminded quite readily that the creature was fire, and fire burned. Burned specifically him. And as the fires danced towards him attempting to set him a flame he danced back away from them and had just enough time to register the hold that was containing the fireball was over, leaving him to pull some fancy maneuvers to avoid the radius of the explosion. Right into another explosion.

“Son of a-” He cursed as he was forced to an aerial stunt to avoid the second blast. Though when his dancing was done he had been coated in smoke, to more of his annoyance. Swiftly closing his mouth to avoid the smoke he didn't have to wait long before the raging man once again killed it with a swing of his axe. He would later need to ask him how he did that, there was a prime target for a beating so he opted to dish it out. Throwing himself forward he moved to slam his palm into the elemental's face, and if it managed to survive the high speed bitch slap, proceed to drag it across the rooftop.

High speed bitch slap
Charge attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
If successful Grapple attempt
[roll2]
Constrict
[roll3]

greenpotato
2014-01-19, 02:59 PM
Felarna begins to Cast Summon Monster VIII

Bom Ferro
2014-01-20, 09:30 AM
Alastor experiences another emotional hiccup , and uses his newly rediscovered frustration to murder sunder more smoke. The blind and staggered elemental is revealed...

Lucerna uses her touchsight to pinpoint the third fire elemental, and heavily injures it with a powerful psionic attack while commanding her remaining construct to attack the debilitated elemental whose cover was rudely destroyed by the raging, foul-mouthed barbarian.

It charges, strikes, and grapples the elemental, while suffering some burns in return.

Pallid charges, delivering a deadly combination attack that destroys the elemental. A pulse of mythic power washes over the combatants, rich with promise of future power...

Felarna stays back and begins a summoning spell as Valous channels her divine power to heal any companions close to her.

---------------------

As if reacting to the violent demise of the fire elemental, four Gates opened mid-air and vomited immense amounts of unholy water.

These torrents seemed to move with a will of their own, clearly attempting to crush and engulf the defenders of Absalom...

The first of the living waterfalls washed over Lucerna and Felarna, the second crashed over the burning astral construct and Zakn'aste the drow.

The other two Gates roiled and raged as more elementals seemed eager to follow...

Amidst all this chaos, more smoke was created by the sole remaining fire elemental, as if to remind you of its existence.

---------------------

Alright, the fourth and last stage of the opening fight has begun!

At 100' height at four different points, a Gate opens. Two of these spawn some sort of Mythic Water elemental(precise information: Knowledge(planes) check)).

One Gate opens 40' above Lucerna, 55' above Felarna:
A Gargantuan Water elemental falls on them, effectively attempting to trample and engulf the two mages;

DC 33 Reflex save to avoid the trample; this also prevents the elemental from engulfing you.

If trampled, take 23 dmg(DR applies) and attempt a second Reflex save, DC 31, or be engulfed by the water elemental, who then drags you down to crash on the ground, through the roof of a damaged building, which deals 38 dmg to you(DR applies).

If engulfed, you are effectively pinned, inside the "stomach" of the water elemental (25 HP, DR 10/-, take 2d10+13 dmg/turn; hold breath or drown unless you have magic preventing drowning)

Both the trample attempt and the engulf attempt provoke an AoO, but if you elect to take the AoO, you will automatically fail the associated Reflex save

The second Gate opens at 100' altitude, above A(rnold) and Darkstar(~75' above Darkstar, ~60' above A(rnold)); the Water elemental similarly attempts to drop on/trample/engulf them.
The construct is most likely destroyed:
[roll0] vs trample (DC 33)
[roll1] vs engulf (DC 31)
(see above for the mechanical effects)

The third Gate opens above Valous at Initiative 8, that means if the paladin is somehow moved/protected before that, she may avoid the drop/trample/engulf routine.

The fourth Gate opens above Alastors current position at Initiative 8, which means it will almost certainly miss its target.

Fire #3 creates more smoke, but doesn't leave its cover or cause any effect that extends beyond the cover provided by the smoke.

--------------------
Initiative order:

Turn 7

Fire #3 40 (20' altitude, hidden by choking smoke)
Water #1 25
Water #2 19
Alastor 18 (Raging, flying at ~ 20' altitude, 20'/40'/60' from the other smoke sections) - Gate 80' above his current position -
Lucerna 17 (Location dependend on Reflex saves, either inside W #1 or above it)
Zakn'aste Rasivrein 13 (Has used 9 Ki//1 Stunning Fist so far, position dependend on Reflex saves; either inside W #2 or above it)
Water #3 (Emerges from Gate above Valous at Initiative 8) 8
Water #4 (Emerges from Gate above Alastors position at start of Turn at Initiative 8) 8
Felarna 6 (Location dependend on Reflex saves, either inside W #1 or above it)
Valous 3 (On the ground, inside a smoke cloud, 20'/40' away from the other smoke sections)

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-20, 02:04 PM
Geez, these things just keep coming. And man, those suckers are huge! But the bigger they are...

Alastor hefts his greatsword, coming out of his rage briefly to survey the battlefield once more. One of the waterspouts appears to have attempted to engulf the mind-lady and...a bird. Probably that other woman from before; what would a normal bird be doing here, after all? Darky looks like he was attacked by another one, but he's good enough to take care of himself.

Clicking his heels together to activate his Boots once more, he flies into another murderous rage. He lets out a bloodcurdling scream, devoid of words or anything resembling civility as he charges the elemental that had dropped onto the spellcasters. He dodges into the path of the elemental's reflexive attack, striking out even as he is struck at.

When he reaches the elemental, he unloads a tremendous assault onto the outsider with both his sword and one of his claws.

Come and Get Me activated as a free action; +4 to-hit/damage for AoO per attack. Rage-cycle and activating Boots of Speed as a free action. Power Attack for -6/+18 with greatsword. AC is 45, HP: 462/500

CaGM attack (Furious Focus applies to this): [roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2] (Vicious enchantment) (Add +6 damage if they have spells or spell-like abilities)

Full attack:
[roll3]
[roll4]+[roll5](Add +6 damage if they have spells or spell-like abilities)

[roll6]
[roll7]+[roll8](Add +6 damage if they have spells or spell-like abilities)

[roll9]
[roll10]+[roll11](Add +6 damage if they have spells or spell-like abilities)

[roll12]
[roll13]+[roll14](Add +6 damage if they have spells or spell-like abilities)

[roll15]
[roll16]+[roll17](Add +6 damage if they have spells or spell-like abilities)

[roll18] (Claw attack)
[roll19](Add +6 damage if they have spells or spell-like abilities)

Edit: I forgot to add the +1 to-hit from Haste, so each attack should be 1 higher. Apologies for that.

greenpotato
2014-01-20, 02:35 PM
[roll0] 1st reflex to avoid trample
if that fails [roll1] to avoid engulf

Pallid
2014-01-20, 03:34 PM
With a swift combination to the fire elemental he wheeled around to be delivering some pain to the remaining elemental, when the gates started opening up above him. Then in what might possibly the laziest attempt on his life came out a water elemental. Really, just dropping down like an uninspired raindrop? He narrowed his eyes at the creature as it became descending on him and waited until the last moment and then raised his knee to meet the thing full on. His hands reaching up to attempt to grab the creature's head and reintroduce it to his knee again, and again until it stopped being funny.

“No.” He repeated with each of his knee strikes to the things face.

Rolls got put in OOC by accident.

redfeline
2014-01-20, 04:04 PM
Valous: Valous almost doesn't notice the waterfall until it is to late. She rolls out of the way last second comes up in her defensive crane stance and gracefully, well as gracefully as some one wearing a full plate suite of armor can be, prepares to strike at the water creature. At the last minute she abandons her stance, grips the handle with both hands and attacks with abandoned care.

Full attack
Attack 1 [roll0] If hit the damage is [roll1]
2 [roll2] If hit the damage is [roll3]
3 [roll4] If hit the damage is [roll5]
4 [roll6] If hit the damage is [roll7]

Morcleon
2014-01-21, 10:44 AM
Lucerna attempts to roll out of the way of the falling mass of water, mostly succeeding. Still one appendage strikes her but doesn't manage to latch on. She grimaces, and freezes time for a few seconds to refocus her mind.

And as time restarts, she slashes one hand down, sending an enormous shard of crystal down at the fire elemental, then the other, torching two of the water elementals with golden psionic energy.

Swift: Manifest temporal acceleration (10 PP), gaining one round of time.

Move: Manifest hustled augmented crystal shard (19 PP) on the fire elemental.
Touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Standard: Manifest overchannel (3) split ray augmented disintegration (21 PP) targeting water elementals #1 & #4. DC 34 Fort save for less damage.
Damage to self: [roll2]

Touch attack on #1: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Damage if save succeeds: [roll5]

Touch attack on #4: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Damage if save succeeds: [roll8]
Condition:
HP: 195/260
PP: 160/477

greenpotato
2014-01-21, 05:24 PM
[roll0] 1st concentration check vs DC 41
[roll1] 2nd concentration check vs DC 56

Standard Action: Forced Reincarnation Hex (Su), DC 34 will or die on the elemental engulfing her.

Bom Ferro
2014-01-22, 03:29 AM
The animate torrents of unholy water succeeded in engulfing the witch and the drow, crushed the last remaining astral construct and damaged the psion, but failed to hit the barbarian and the paladin.

The retribution they suffered almost immediately was devastating, annihilating two of them - alongside the remaining fire elemental - within seconds.

The last two remaining water elementals focused briefly, before drawing forth even more water from within themselves, releasing it in a powerful pressure wave that threatened to overwhelm the adventurers...

Only Water #3 and #4 are still alive; Water #4 is in vortex form and can't take AoOs.

Both create a 60' radius burst of high-pressure water that catches everyone in the blast, moving as necessary before doing so to target it better.

Blast A:
[roll0] damage + Nausea for [roll1] turns
Fort DC 24 negates damage+Nausea (DR applies)
Even if the save succeeds, all affected by the pressure wave are sickened for [roll2] turns

Blast B:
[roll3] damage + Nausea for [roll4] turns (DR applies)
Fort DC 24 negates damage+Nausea
Even if the save succeeds, all affected by the pressure wave are sickened for [roll5] turns

-> If you have been sickened by the first blast, the second one nauseates you even if you save against it(Two instances of sickening stack to nausea)

If any of you are immune to sickening/nausea, please mention it now.

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-22, 08:42 PM
BLARGHALARBLAAARRGGHHAA!! The first deluge hits Alastor, who weathers it with as much grace as he can. IS THAT IT, YOU GIANT PUDDLE? THAT'S A F******* DISGRACE, YOU PIECE OF SHARRCFAADKAFKRGGGGAAAH! That's when the second deluge smacks him right in the mouth, sending unholy water down into his gut. It's not fatally painful, but it is debilitating enough that he doubles over, retching.

Coughing, he still keeps hold of his weapon and brandishes it at the elementals menacingly. He flies up 60' away from the elementals, clicking off his Boots and giving himself a chance to throw up in peace.

I'm assuming that, since I can't attack due to being nauseated, then activating CaGM would be counterproductive since I couldn't make the AoO's.

redfeline
2014-01-23, 11:48 AM
Valous: The water elemental begins to circle Valous lining up with a second water elemental a great distance away. This would be a flanking maneuver if the second water elemental were in striking distance. Valous glances back and notices that they were all in a straight line. "Oh crap."

Warned just a moment before the strike Valous has no trouble dodging both strikes but they spray projects a foul mist of particles that leave her sickened for a moment before overwhelming her and making her dry heave the empty contents of her stomach.

Sensing her peril Leos her magic ring springs into action casting greater invisibility upon her. Valous stumbles out of the line of the elementals and focuses on keeping her stomach in check. Dry heaving the result of trying to vomit when you magically haven't eaten in months.

Bom Ferro
2014-01-27, 05:00 AM
Alastor is caught off-balance by the doubled pressure wave and decides to gain some distance/altitude to overcome his stomach distress caused by swallowing unhealthy amounts of unholy water.

Lucerna suffers a similar fate, and ascends 60' in the air, attempting to escape beyond the range of further, similar attacks.

Pallid is hit worse than the others, and rises 90' in the air.

Felarna, still in the shape of a raven, flaps her wet wings as well as she can and manages to gain reach 60' altitude.

Valous turns invisible and staggers away, hoping to evade the water elementals during her nausea.

The steady rain manages to disperse the remaining smoke.

Meanwhile, the four Gates remain open, releasing a steady stream of -thankfully inanimate- unholy water, which fills the ruined houses below and begins to flood the streets of Absalom...

---------------------
As the water level rises, the raging Vortex moves much more quickly than before, sweeping over the various roofs, damaging walls, and engaging in a strange search pattern for the invisible paladin - without success.

The other elemental breaks down a door, reaches inside with watery tentacles, and swiftly swallows a group huddled inside - you can see about ten citizens struggling for breath as they are trapped inside the gargantuan water elemental.

Initiative order:

Turn 9

Alastor 18 (Raging, flying at ~ 80' altitude; Gates are 20'/30'/40'/60' away from him, at 100' altitude)
Lucerna 17 (120' altitude, Gates are 20'/30'/40'/60' away, at 100' altitude)
Zakn'aste Rasivrein 13 (Has used 11 Ki//1 Stunning Fist so far, 90' altitude, Gates are 20'/30'/40'/60' away, at 100' altitude)
Water #3 (Has swallowed some NPCs, 178/254 HP) 8
Water #4 (Vortex form, 244/254 HP) 8
Felarna 6 (60' altitude, Gates are 20'/30'/40'/60' away at 100' altitude)
Valous 3 (On the ground, invisible)

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-29, 12:07 AM
Alastor comes out of his rage and flies closer to the nearest water elemental in a straight horizontal line. Once he could breathe without having to throw up, he'd drop down on that bastard like a meteor.

Still trying to stay out of the range of its vortex and nausea-inducing cannon thing, of course.

Morcleon
2014-01-29, 12:22 AM
Lucerna stays where she was, coughing out the dirty water in short, erratic bursts. She hazily starts to focus herself, trying desperately to fight off the nausea. "I... need to close down those portals..."

redfeline
2014-01-29, 11:30 AM
Valous studdies the water elementals search patern for a moment. She then moves as carefully as she can to an area both away from the gates and the water elementals.

[roll0] stealth +20 from invis. Stealth is part of the move action unless I am mistaken.

Pallid
2014-01-29, 03:59 PM
He wasn't even sure when he got that high up, but he was sure of was that he wanted to hurl. It wasn't so much that it hurt, though it really really did, it was couple mix of it hitting him in the solarplexus that really did it. Everything was swimming, it like his first day of training all over again.

"Blargh.." Classy.

greenpotato
2014-01-30, 12:12 AM
Move Action: get 60ft closer to the elemental closest to her.

Standard: If its in range Felarna uses Forced Reincarnation to kill it on a DC 34 will save.
If it's outside of 30ft then use up a Swarm Skin to hit it with a Persistent Dazing Enervation. [roll0] for [roll1] neg levels and DC 30 will (roll twice take the lower) or be dazed for 4 rounds.

Swift: Loose a Control Undead to hit the other elemental with a Quickened Dazing Enervation [roll2] for [roll3] neg levels and DC 30 will or be dazed for 4 rounds.