6thEdition
2014-01-03, 07:15 AM
Double Trouble I
Illusion (Shadow)

Lvl: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Effect: Figment that cannot extend beyond one 10-ft. cube.
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: Will disbelief (if interacted with)
Spell Resistance: No

This spell creates an illusionary look-alike of you that can act in combat. All creatures know one of you is an illusion, but must make a Will save to figure out which one by studying both of you.

The look-alike always acts after you do, and has one move action and one standard action. The illusion moves at your speed, and can cast spells that you have prepared, but the spells are actually figments of the effect, and do not expend a spell slot.

The illusion can flank disbelievers, but if so, the allying flanker must also disbelieve the illusion and doing this tactic gives the flanked and ally flanker another Will save.

--------

Double Trouble II
Illusion (Shadow)

Lvl: Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Effect: Figment that cannot extend beyond one 20-ft. cube.
Duration: 2 hours/level
Saving Throw: Will disbelief (if interacted with)
Spell Resistance: No

This spell creates an illusionary look-alike of you exactly like double trouble I, however, when the illusion flanks, the allying flanker does not need to disbelieve the illusion.

The illusion can also grapple disbelievers with a +2 bonus to the check.

Also, if any creature tries to attackthe illusion, roll opposed Reflex checks. If you succed, the illusion moves out of the threat range. If not, the attacker gets another Will save with a +10 bonus. Other creatures assume it is a miss.

--------

I assume you use Skip William's All About Illusions, which is the closest we can get to an official Illusion ruling. In that, Skip says to interact with an illusion you'll need to make some kind of action, and the move action wass recommended by him. Interacting with this spell, thus, requires that you take two move actions.

6thEdition
2014-01-03, 08:11 AM
Change Log:

-Changed level to L3.
-Changed Figment to Shadow.

TuggyNE
2014-01-03, 08:39 AM
Double Trouble II
Illusion (Figment)
[…]
The illusion can also grapple disbelievers with a +2 bonus to the check.

If this is a figment, not a shadow, how does that work?

I'll (try to remember to) comment more later with level and such.

6thEdition
2014-01-03, 10:29 AM
Oops, messed up there. Thanks.:smallsmile: