PDA

View Full Version : Level 6 Feat Choice (3.5)

Chester
2014-01-03, 08:32 AM
Level 5 Dread Necromancer, already thinking about my next feat for level 6.

I'm not a power gamer, so it's about fun and flavor.

I've read the handbooks--I just want feedback on some possible choices regarding feats you've all had experience with.

I'm planning to Prestige as Pale Master at level 9 (I like the flavor, what can I say?); group has agreed that I can take the Prerequisite Skill Focus feat at level 9.

So far, I have:
Tomb-Tainted Soul
Weapon Finesse
Necromantic Presence (I know about the issue that this creates with rebuking, but we're ignoring that problem).

I'm thinking Mother Cyst is great for flavor, but how practical is it? I took Kelgore's Grave Mist as my bonus spell earlier, so is Fell Animate practical at this level?

What are your thoughts for a fun feat that isn't necessarily a power play, but also isn't a complete waste?

sideswipe
2014-01-03, 08:38 AM
undead leadership. having a small troop of skelly archers or similar. and some sort of undead cohort.

or if you summon a lot, or animate dead a lot or similar. then corpse crafter. to make the things you create tougher.

fluff wise. the first shows that you are gaining such a hold on necromantic power you just accumulate undead drawn to your power.
the second is that you have such a grasp with making undead that you can make them stronger than intended.

Chester
2014-01-03, 08:54 AM
undead leadership. having a small troop of skelly archers or similar. and some sort of undead cohort.

As Pale Master gets an undead cohort later, does Undead Leadership cancel it out, or will I get an extra undead cohort? :smallamused:

sideswipe
2014-01-03, 09:30 AM
that i would check with your DM, there is a feat which gets you a second cohort. so you could gain a second undead cohort with your class feature.
it doesnt expressly say that you would lose one or the other cohort.

are you expecting to reach that level? e.g. if you are currently level 5. and you expect the campaign to be over by level 10 then go with it as there is no way you will reach that level of pale master.

Chester
2014-01-03, 09:47 AM
are you expecting to reach that level? e.g. if you are currently level 5. and you expect the campaign to be over by level 10 then go with it as there is no way you will reach that level of pale master.

The plan is to play these characters until they become powerful enough that it's no longer a challenge to play. Or until we grow tired of them.

My character becomes BBEG (assuming he survives that long). The party can fight him, join him, or walk away.

The party's actions affect the world, and new characters begin in the same world, years in the future. If my character is still alive, he's a villainous NPC.

In the here and now: cohorts are fun. A ghoul bard might be nice, with some skeletal minions. :smallsmile: