PDA

View Full Version : Ranger PC?

gilgil808
2014-01-03, 10:40 AM
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a 3.5e ranger prestige class.

I'm a level 10 Wood elf ranger.
STR 16, DEX 26, CON 10, INT 10, WIS 16, CHA 7.

My feats are:
Point blank shot, Precise shot, Weapon focus: C. Longbow, and Iron will which i want to replace but im not really sure with what.

Magic items I'm using:
Magical hood (+4 hide +2 to hit), Gloves of DEX (+4), Eye of the eagle (+5 spot) and cloak of resistance (+2 to all saves). Also I use a C. longbow +3 (3 STR).

What PC would you recommend me?

Red Bear
2014-01-03, 11:02 AM
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a 3.5e ranger prestige class.

I'm a level 10 Wood elf ranger.
STR 16, DEX 26, CON 10, INT 10, WIS 16, CHA 7.

My feats are:
Point blank shot, Precise shot, Weapon focus: C. Longbow, and Iron will which i want to replace but im not really sure with what.

Magic items I'm using:
Magical hood (+4 hide +2 to hit), Gloves of DEX (+4), Eye of the eagle (+5 spot) and cloak of resistance (+2 to all saves). Also I use a C. longbow +3 (3 STR).

What PC would you recommend me?

Of course it depends on what you want to do, you may want to look a this. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20040815b)
Also there is a PDF somewhere in the Web that lists almost all of the prestige classes in a very well organized way so you could look at all the prestige classes listed under "bow specific" or "Elf".
You can look at the "Deepwood Sniper" (but it's probably 3.0), "order of the bow initiate"
Or you could take one level in wizard and ask your DM to let you play the pathfinder Arcane archer PrC (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/arcane-archer)

Fates
2014-01-03, 11:03 AM
If you trade Iron Will for Far Shot, Deepwood Sniper from Masters of the Wild is pretty good. Gives neat benefits like greater threat range/critical multiplier when using ranged weapons, partially ignoring concealment, increased range increments...I wouldn't recommend taking more than a couple levels in it, frankly, but those first two levels come with some awfully nice benefits. It is 3.0 material, mind you, so check with your DM.

The Peerless Archer PrC from Silver Marches is damn good, but it's also 3.0, and furthermore it requires Quick Draw for some ridiculous reason. If your DM waives that, all you'll need to do is trade Iron Will for Far Shot to enter the class. It gives sneak attack bonuses in ranged combat, and the awesome Power Shot ability (like power attack, but with bows).

The Order of the Bow Initiate...sucks. Especially the 3.5 version.