PDA

View Full Version : PrC Recommendations?

Diarmuid
2014-01-03, 10:41 AM
I'm playing in a forgotten realms game where I have an elder elf cloistered cleric who is a member of the Paragnostic Assembly and has gone into Paragnostic Apostle for 3 levels thus far.

The PrC is only 5 levels long so I need to figure out where I'm going with this guy.

Sun Elf, Clr 5/ PA 3
Feats: Spellcasting Prodigy, Otherworldly, Point Blank Shot (DM rules it combines with Precise Shot), Chaos Devotion, Knowledge Devotion, Zen Archery, Rapid Shot.

Domains: Elf (Traded Knowledge and Chaos for devotions feats)

He's all about knowledge and information, uses a bow and Knowledge Devotion along with his spells for the most part.

Just curious if there are any other PrC's that mesh well with this type of character for when he's 10th level. I'm certainly considering going back into Cleric for 1 more level for the +1 BAB and +1 all Saves, but that would mean not finishing any 10 level PrC's so I'm not set on it (nor do I really think this game will go past 20).

Ideas?

Edit - Too bad there isnt a divine version of Arcane Archer. As bad as it is, it would kinda fit my character.

I looked at Justice of Weald and Woe, but it's a bit more stealth focuses than I would like and it's a little more "unsavory" than my character is really going for. Really, I just want access to the archery related spells on their list =).

Keld Denar
2014-01-03, 10:53 AM
Divine Oracle would be decent, although the feat prereq is annoying. It gives a lot of combat awareness abilities like evasion, uncanny dodge, and the capstone of persistant Foresight. Very elf like, imo.

Diarmuid
2014-01-03, 11:01 AM
If my elf wasnt old I might consider that one.

I'm looking for something more focused on the Knowledge aspect. I'd consider Loremaster if it werent for the crazy feat requirements.

nedz
2014-01-03, 11:06 AM
Divine Oracle would be excellent, though since you are already an Elf how about Seeker of the Misty Isle ? The travel domain is handy and trade-able for a useful Devotion. You would also get the Magic domain, eventually, and plenty of skill points.

Keld Denar
2014-01-03, 11:09 AM
Old people can move scary quick. Just watch any old kung fu movie. Plus, elf.

What about...is it Demonwrecker? In the Expedition to the Demonweb Pits book or FCII, I always forget. A little foe specific, but not hyperspecialized, full divine casting for 10 levels and silly easy prereqs. Again, I don't remember which of those two its in, or if that's even the name of the exact class I'm thinking of, but check it out. A little obscure, but that's not always a bad thing.

eggynack
2014-01-03, 02:15 PM
Given that you're already an elf, seeker of the misty isle (CD, 61) could make for a solid dip. Travel domain spells are strong, and you could even trade for devotion, which would help with attacking stuff. I wouldn't go beyond a dip though, given that anything else worthwhile is trapped beyond a lost caster level.

Diarmuid
2014-01-03, 03:07 PM
I do like the looks of the SotMI dip.

Guess I was just hoping to find something that carried similar benefits/flavor related to Knowledge skills like Paragnostic Apostle.

Greenish
2014-01-03, 03:42 PM
You could ask for a divine adaptation of Olin Gisir (LEoF).