PDA

View Full Version : Share Spells with a Cerebremancer?

incarnate236
2014-01-03, 01:26 PM
In my current campaign I'm playing a Telepath 3/ Focused Transmuter 3/ Cerebremancer 4. It's not quite optimized but in this campaign holds up pretty well in terms of raw power and party balance.

As one might expect though my familiar has been basically useless with the exception of scouting a bit through Senselink. However, now that I have polymorph there are some things I'd like to try out. Specifically, I'm wondering if my psionic buffs (augmented inertial armor, etc) can be applied to my familiar through share spells so that when I polymorph it into something nasty I can have a bodyguard with an AC of around 40 that does more damage per round than the monk's flurry of blows.

Does the share spells ability apply to other class' spells or only to my wizard spells? Also, I do appreciate the cheese of polymorph but I'm playing an underpowered class anyways so I've decided not to worry about it until my DM gets annoyed.

Psyren
2014-01-03, 01:38 PM
The "Share Spells" ability is not itself a spell, SLA or magic item, so by RAW it is not subject to transparency and powers cannot be shared to a familiar (or spells to a psicrystal.) But I don't think it's particularly abusive to allow for such either.