PDA

View Full Version : PF - Gestalt help needed

Macabros
2014-01-03, 01:29 PM
Ok so my group wants to run a gestalt series of games. We each have a base in mjnd but no idea for the other side.

The sides are:
Sorcerer
Druid
Gunslinger

The druid wants to go more caster then wildshape abuse.
We do not want uber op but some fun suggestions that will do us well and make up for the lack of additional players.

We are also allowed CR 1 race or template for free.

JHShadon
2014-01-03, 01:50 PM
I'm not in the right state of mind to give really detailed help so here are some ideas I'm going to throw out.

With the Sorcerer, summoner could be a good choice since you guys could use a meatshield and the Eidolon could fill that role. Another idea is to use the Sage (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/sage) archetype, have Alchemist as the other side for some extra versatility and damage ability.

With the Druid, Monk would give a bunch of passives that would boost his speed, defense and non-wildshape combat ability, if he doesn't want to be lawful there's an archetype for that (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/martial-artist). He could also go Cleric and have a bunch more spells he can cast.

With the Gunslinger, the Inquisitor has Wis-synergy and can pretty much help improve any role he wants to fill. Other than that, rogue could be neat for a bunch of skills and there are ways to consistently sneak attack from a range(I can't think of them at this moment).

Fouredged Sword
2014-01-03, 02:36 PM
Well, you got lots of options, but the general guideline of passive//active and SAD maintenance should be followed.

Sorcerer can be an active side with buffs or active with more aggressive casting. I would suggest considering Magus. At level 6 you would be able to pick up broad study to use magus abilities with sorcerer spells. This would make an effective close in fighter to help out the team.

Ninja is another option. It becomes more of a sneaky skillmonkey though.

Druid can benefit from monk, but also ranger, or any number of other classes. Druid tends to be active though, so consider something that will add to his abilities, rather than require actions.

Gunslinger is an active class that may be drawn to a passive class. Consider a buff based caster or something that will amplify his gunslinging hitting power. I would also consider the scout archtype for rogue. The sneak attack added to his touch attacks would be rather nice.

Macabros
2014-01-03, 07:33 PM
Can you explain the broad study angle with magus?

I think i will recommend ranger for the druid is that an ok angle? The fighter wants to take the targetter fighter from 3.5 at least for first level to add to his damage output would that be broken?

Do magus and sorcerer have an ok mesh up in spells? Do they work together well?

Fouredged Sword
2014-01-03, 09:03 PM
Ok take Seeker sage sorcerer 20 // Kensai magus 20

At level 1-6, use your sorcerer casting to buff yourself and go to town. You get Into to AC, Int for both casting, and other cool stuff.

Now at level 6 you gain access to Broad Study (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/magus-arcana/paizo---magus-arcana/broad-study-ex)

This turns allows you to use magus spellstrike and spell combat with sorcerer spells.

You become an INT/DEX focused melee character with a light weapon and weapon finesse. High AC, and high damage through damage spells delivered through your blade. You have trapfinding and the ability to use it well.