PDA

View Full Version : OoTS Calendar - Safe for Work?

Learuis
2014-01-03, 02:27 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the calendar featured any images which might be deemed "not safe for work"? The two sample pictures provided would be acceptable in my workplace, but if one of the others for example was the

(OtOOPC Spoliers)Haley taking a bath scene from On the Origin of PCs

then it probably wouldn't be a good idea to hang it in my cubicle. Basically swords, monsters, magic = good idea, skimpy or lack of attire = not a good idea.

eaglewingz
2014-01-03, 03:19 PM
Yep, it's safe.

The only scene that might be going there (Haley and Elan) hasn't got there yet.

Dr. Gamera
2014-01-03, 04:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew if the calendar featured any images which might be deemed "not safe for work"?

Probably not, but you can likely judge for yourself. Here are the panels that are the source of the two calendar pages least unlikely to be "not safe for work":

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0400.html -- the next-to-next-to-last (13th, I think) panel, with Haley and Elan kissing.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0803.html -- the eighth panel, with Roy and Thog fighting in loincloths.

littlebum2002
2014-01-04, 12:09 AM
I don't know about you, but for a few months there, I was getting weird looks from everyone who saw my "Celia in a bikini" phone wallpaper. Sure, there wasn't nudity or anything, but there's just something fundamentally wrong with a stick figure in a bikini.

ti'esar
2014-01-04, 12:56 AM
While I can understand them getting dubious looks, I have no idea how scantily-clad stick figures could ever actually be considered NSFW.

Ghost Nappa
2014-01-04, 10:10 AM
I don't know about you, but for a few months there, I was getting weird looks from everyone who saw my "Celia in a bikini" phone wallpaper. Sure, there wasn't nudity or anything, but there's just something fundamentally wrong with a stick figure in a bikini.

If a co-worker's worst offense is having a wallpaper consisting of stick figures a having beach party in expected attire, I'd (eventually) give them the benefit of the doubt. Sooner with an explanation.

Learuis
2014-01-04, 07:23 PM
When you work for a big company, there's lots of ways to get in trouble that seem really stupid to most people but become super serious if it ever comes up. I don't think anyone would care, but it's one of those things: just don't call attention to yourself. Haha

Thanks for the replies.

jogiff
2014-01-05, 06:15 AM
While I can understand them getting dubious looks, I have no idea how scantily-clad stick figures could ever actually be considered NSFW.

Some people are so uncomfortable about nudity that I can't even begin to understand it, so I don't bother. I remember someone got offended by this picture http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Jzcx98w9IX0/maxresdefault.jpg because the ayayabons in the background are technically naked. It didn't matter that they are sentient pastries with no discernible anatomy. No more sexual than a child's stick figures.

It's just easier to not post anything remotely nude and avoid having to have that strange discussion with HR.