PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Finishing off a gestalt build

Vash9177
2014-01-03, 03:45 PM
In a gestalt campaign set in the 9 hells we are level 13 and my build is a LE Dragonfire Adept 13 // Sorcerer 5 / Stormcaster 8. I'm using the white dragonspwan template, reflavored for a blue dragon, from dragonlance and bought off the LA already. My DM let me use the + 1 level sorcerer from the template to get in to stormcaster a level early and also waived the Any nonlawful restriction since the class has blue dragons as part of the flavor. The character is focused mainly on battlefield control with my breath weapon and spells that augment it, might blast a little more often once I get fivefold breath :smallcool:

Since I'm almost done with with stormcaster I was trying to decide what to do with my last 5 levels on that side. Any other good arcane prcs that would go well with a weather controlling worshiper of Tiamat? I would prefer not to lose caster levels since we are up against some pretty high spell resistance, DM has wanted to let the pit fiends loose on us since the first layer.

Also was playing around with not taking the Dragonfire Adept past 17 since the last 3 levels don't offer a whole lot more. Was thinking dipping Hexblade 3 for mettle and charisma to saves vs spells and spell like abilites or maybe Paladin of Tyranny 2 for charisma to saves and Marshal for a boost to spell resistance checks.

My feats are currently(we do feats at every odd level)
Traded Dragontouched for Endurance
Steadfast Determination
Entangling
Improved speed
Flyby attack
Enlarge Breath
Recover Breath
Shape Breath

-Future feats
Heighten Breath 15th
17th and 19th undedcided

My current stat block is 13, 16, 30, 16, 24, 10
Current Equipment
Robe of mysterious conjuration
Dragonfire Cincture with +4 con bonus
ring of arcane might
+1 feycraft dragonhide(brass) buckler, which I will add the soulfire property to
Sculpt spell rod
Also my neck slot is taken by a legacy weapon that currently gives gust of wind at will, 2/day lingering breath and maximize breath and will give me later a +4 profane con bonus, sandstorm 1 per day, and greater whirlwind 1/day as well as a few other small things.
For down the rod my DM has Oked the crown of the north winds, the cloak of the sorcerer king, and a greater extend rod. Any other magic items I should ask him for?