PDA

View Full Version : 2 weapons fighting scimitar with weapon finess

jumpydady
2014-01-03, 06:18 PM
ok im trying to create for the sake of roleplaying a mobile fighter that charges with 2 scimitar in pathfinder, i want this character to be dexterity based... so what i want to know is is there a way to have a character that can use scimitar with weapon finess and 2 weapons fighting at the same time? kinda like the dervish dancer prestige in 3.5? thx

amdskitzo
2014-01-03, 06:21 PM
ok im trying to create for the sake of roleplaying a mobile fighter that charges with 2 scimitar, i want this character to be dexterity based... so what i want to know is is there a way to have a character that can use scimitar with weapon finess and 2 weapons fighting at the same time? kinda like the dervish dancer prestige in 3.5? thx

Only way I know of is the dervish's level 1 ability that allows them to treat a scimitar as a light weapon.

jumpydady
2014-01-03, 06:22 PM
ok forgot to add, the campagin uses pathfinder rules... so unfortunatly there is no dervish dancer prestige in pathfinder, and the dervish dancer feat negate the right to use a second weapon in offhand...

Eldariel
2014-01-03, 10:17 PM
Can't you backport 3.5 material into PF? If not, you're mostly out of luck; talk to your DM about allowing Dervish Dance to work with two ('cause frankly, the limitations make the feat quite worthless; not that it'd be good even if it allowed two). Dervish from Complete Warrior is the only way I remember to make Scimitars applicable for Weapon Finesse, really.

Thurbane
2014-01-03, 10:22 PM
Use kukris instead? Damage drop is a pain though.

jumpydady
2014-01-03, 10:30 PM
yeah that or using wakizashi... pity..

StreamOfTheSky
2014-01-03, 10:47 PM
ok forgot to add, the campagin uses pathfinder rules... so unfortunatly there is no dervish dancer prestige in pathfinder, and the dervish dancer feat negate the right to use a second weapon in offhand...

Arguably, you just need one hand free for the PF feat, not only one hand holding a weapon.

I say this because there are numerous easy ways to grow another limb in Pathfinder (Alchemist 2 - Vestigial Arm discovery; Synthesist Summoner 1 - Limbs (Arms) evolution). DM might balk, but worth a shot?

elonin
2014-01-04, 12:15 AM
There is a feat in PF called strangely enough Dervish dance. Requires weapon finesse but lets you use scimitars as light weapons. So you can dual wield them with out massive penalties. There is no dance between attack feature unless you port from 3.5.

Ravens_cry
2014-01-04, 12:21 AM
There is a feat in PF called strangely enough Dervish dance. Requires weapon finesse but lets you use scimitars as light weapons. So you can dual wield them with out massive penalties. There is no dance between attack feature unless you port from 3.5.

Not quite. Dervish Dance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dervish-dance-combat) gives you Dex to hit and damage with scimitars. It also treats them as one handed piercing weapon for "all feats and abilities that require such a weapon." However, it never counts as a light weapon, and you can not carry a weapon or shield in your other hand.

jumpydady
2014-01-04, 08:41 AM
thx, erm no dont want to be a mutant with 3 hands... :P ok anyway guess the closest thing to it is either kukri or a wakizashi...

Ravens_cry
2014-01-04, 10:28 AM
thx, erm no dont want to be a mutant with 3 hands... :P ok anyway guess the closest thing to it is either kukri or a wakizashi...
It should be said that Wakizashi can be very effective, especially if you don't have to spend a feat to get them, like with Ninja.

jumpydady
2014-01-04, 11:10 AM
wakizashi be it... meh it doesnt suit well the setting but ill pretend its a scimitar

CoffeeIncluded
2014-01-04, 11:13 AM
Doesn't two-weapon fighting only require that the offhand weapon be light?

Also, is your character a drow ranger? :smallwink:

jumpydady
2014-01-04, 05:17 PM
ok what i want is create a character baser on the bloodfury of heroes of might and magic V a very agile female drow warrior that charge with 2 scimitar, hits hard causing massive damage and then retreats before the enemy can counter attack, kinda like a harrier or a skirmisher...

Ravens_cry
2014-01-04, 05:31 PM
Doesn't two-weapon fighting only require that the offhand weapon be light?

Also, is your character a drow ranger? :smallwink:
You can TWF with two one handed weapons, but the penalties increase by two (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Two-Weapon-Fighting).