PDA

View Full Version : Shapshift [Feats]

TheOOB
2007-01-20, 01:00 AM
I love the shapeshift varient from PHBII, but it doesn't allow enough versilitily in my opinion. Heres a couple feats to give you more options in shapeshift without dramatically changing your power level.

Aquatic Shapeshift[General]
You are able to change into forms suited for underwater combat
Prerequisites: Aerial Form Shapeshift Ability(PHBII pg. 40)
Benefit: Whenever you shapeshift into your Predator, Ferocious Slayer, or Water Elemental Fury form you may instead change into an aquatic varient of the same form. In this aquatic form you gain the aquatic subtype, lose your land speed, and gain a swim speed equal to your base land speed. In addition all your natural weapons work without penalty underwater while in an aquatic form.

Terran Shapeshift[General]
You can burrow through the earth and sense others even without being able to see them
Prerequisites: Ferocious Slayer Shapeshift Ability(PHBII pg. 40)
Benefit: Whenever you shapeshift into your Predator, Ferocious Slayer, or Earth Elemental Fury form you may instead change into a terran varient of the same form. In this terran form you gain tremor sense out to 60ft, a 10ft burrow speed, but your base land speed is reduced by 10ft.

Beastial Perception[General]
You have increases sense while in your animalistic forms
Prerequisites: Aerial Form Shapeshift Ability(PHBII pg.40)
Benefit: Whenever you are in any shapeshift form you gain the benefits of the scent special quality and blindsense out to 10ft. You also gain a +2 competence bonus to Spot and Listen checks, as well as a +2 competence bonus to survival checks when tracking by scent.

Danu
2007-01-20, 01:15 AM
Pretty good. I was considering on doing some shapeshift feats myself. I love the variant, although some of the drawbacks and lack of versatility kinda annoy me. So feats are welcome.

You might want to give these feats a new descriptor, however. [Shapeshift] would probably work better then the [General] descriptor, since by definition [General] feats are open to just about anybody that meets the pre-reqs.

TheOOB
2007-01-21, 09:02 PM
new descriptors come with rules baggage, and since the only rule common to these feats (that you have to be in shapeshift form) is easy to represent within the confines of the feat description it's largely unnecesary IMHO.

Non of these feats are anything you couldn't do just as well with a spell, but I thought it would be useful to have abilities like this usable at will, for example I first made the Aquatic Shapeshift feat in a pirate campaign where we where around a lot of water, and thus some water mobility was useful.

Heres another feat

Agile Shapeshift[General]
You move as fast as the wind while in your animal forms
Prerequisites: Aerial Form Shapeshift Ability(PHBII pg.40)
Benefit: Whenever you shapeshift into your Predator, Ferocious Slayer, or Wind Elemental Fury form you may instead change into an agile varient of the same form. While in this agile form you gain a +6 to your Dex score and your base land speed increases by 10 ft, but your suffer a -2 Str and a -1 natural armor penalty.

Cade Shadow
2007-06-24, 02:30 PM
yeah, yeah thread necromancy n'all. But WOW this is some great stuff. do you have any more such feats?

TheOOB
2007-06-24, 11:58 PM
Hmm, something about my threads much be attracting thread necromancers.

I haven't played a druid for awhile, so I don't have many more, lets see what I can find

Improved Beastial Perception[General]
You can sense even the smallest disturbance while in your animalistic forms
Prerequisites: Beastial Perception, Aerial Form Shapeshift Ability(PHB pg.40)
Benefit: When you are in any shapeshift form you gain blindsight out to 5ft. In addition the blindsense provided by your beastial percetion feat increases to 30ft and your competence bonus to spot and listen checks as well as survival checks to track by scent increases to +4.

Leader of the Pack[General]
You can quickly call allies to battle while in your shapeshift forms
Prerequisites: Aerial Form Shapeshift Ability(PHB pg.40), Augment Summoning, ability to cast any Summon Nature's Ally spell.
Benefits: You may cast any Summon Nature's Ally while in any shapeshift form without providing any of the normal components to do so. In addition your Summon Nature's Ally spells cast while shapeshifted only require 1 standard action to cast, and have their duration doubled as if they had the Extend Spell metamagic feat applied to them.