PDA

View Full Version : Get a co-hort blinkdog without leadership?

CyberThread
2014-01-03, 06:45 PM
So I am looking into ways to procure a blink dog, without leadership.

Seems you can get one as a exotic mount over at arms and equipment guide for 15G a day, but nothing about buying or raising one outright.

An leadership makes DM's angry.

eggynack
2014-01-03, 06:52 PM
You can pick up a blink dog through exalted companion, and if you don't have an animal companion for whatever reason, then a wild cohort would probably be close enough. Maybe not for RAW, on the latter count, but it should work out overall.

OldTrees1
2014-01-03, 06:58 PM
Enchanters can drop their familiar in exchange for a Cohort at 6th level.

Darrin
2014-01-03, 07:06 PM
Blink Dogs are sentient creatures with humanlike intelligence. You can ask one to be a cohort/henchman/hireling by finding a common language to communicate and make a Diplomacy roll.

nedz
2014-01-03, 07:28 PM
Beast Heart Adept PrC (Dungeonscape p48) can get you a Blink Dog as a companion.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-01-03, 08:04 PM
Improved Familiar feat in CW allows you to get one as a familiar at spellcaster level 5th and +5 BAB, though you need to be within one step of LG. You can get the feat Obtain Familiar in CA to gain a familiar on any arcane spellcaster, and it even counts prestige class levels that advance spellcasting for its benefits.

That would work pretty well on a Socadin Gish, a Duskblade, or even a NG Bard. A while back I made a single-classed Battle Sorcerer with the Spell Points system in a mid-op game, having over a hundred spellpoints/day and casting Benign Transposition for a cost of one spellpoint was extremely strong with a familiar that could Dimension Door at will.

CyberThread
2014-01-03, 08:43 PM
yeah am looking into I think some sort of scout 5/Hellbreaker 4/ 3 wild plains outrider /swordsage 1 / and then no clue, about as far as the concept build has went.