PDA

View Full Version : Just because it sounds fun

Donnie
2014-01-03, 07:38 PM
Ok so I am very new here. Like this is my first post ever. So I beg you not to grab the pitch forks and torches and lynch me for the world to see. I am also fairly inexperienced in DnD as I have only played maybe a dozen times in the last 15 years. So here I go this is the Character model I would like to put togeather.

Tutori Monk (3.5/Pathfinder) with an old class that I no longer recall the reference to Pitfighter ( I believe it was in 3.0). I recall the pitfighter had some very nice close hand combat maneuvers that would compliment the tutori monk wonderfully.

Now here is a list of what I am looking for. Suggested feats, assistance building this character type, and possibly help building a preliminary story line for the character.

What I want you to understand before responding. Yes it may not be the most powerful and it may be counter productive. But I don't want to play this character to be god. I just really want to play this character model because it sounds like a lot of fun.

What I don't want. Suggestions on other awesome classes to try. I will ask for those in the future guys. I promise. ^.^ But it would be super amazing for my first game back into DnD if you guys would help me out with this.

Oh and if by chance you are going to string me up I have two demands. I want mountain dew and Demand someone cast magic missile at the darkness. :P

For future reference eventually want to make a chronomancer. But that will be later when I get familiarized with the rules and how DnD works again. Been a long while. :)

"Bowties are cool!"

Grod_The_Giant
2014-01-03, 07:53 PM
First, the standard questions: What edition? (I can't tell if you're talking 3.5 or pathfinder). What books are approved? How much optimization is too much? You mention that you want to stick to these classes-- how much dipping is too much? And what, exactly, are you trying to have this character do, besides use two vaguely-identified classes-- grappling? unarmed flurries?

Secondly... this is the wrong subforum. You want "D&D 3e/3.5e/d20." (If you report your own post, you can ask the moderators to move it)

Donnie
2014-01-03, 08:12 PM
(sorry I had copy pasted to keep in mind what to respond to and forgot to delete.)
Edition: Anything from 3.0, 3.5, and pathfinder. The reason you cant really tell is because I am really open to doing any of them. Primarily I am sticking to 3.5/Pathfinder feats. If pathfinder has the updated ruling it is what goes. If 3.5 has something pathfinder doesn't than it is acceptable with DM permission. And I am looking at 3.0 specifically for the pit finder class. Hoping for permission and even if I don't get it for this game I want to build a character out to level 20 because some day I will play it. :D

Sticking to these classes: If I recall correctly the class I am remembering in my head was 5 or 10 levels. It had a lot of grapalling technics if I recall correctly. The only reason I mentioned sticking to these classes was because I see on a lot of forums everyone has an opinion on what class they prefer and I just want to stick to this one and then expand from there once I get this one down. ^.^

Secondly: v.v' terrible me. I reported to the moderators though and asked them really politely to move this to the correct area. Much thanks for assisting me in getting this to the correct area. I think I may get my mountain dew at this rate after all. x.x'

Thirdly: Hi. (waves) how are you? and please feel free to have fun with this and use every bit of creativity you have in you.

The background I see for this character is that it was a tutori monk that was living its life in the monestary before the monestary was raided and he was captured. They put him in an arena and he didn't want to kill anyone so he instead used his grappaling to subdue his opponents. He learns in time though that it is sometimes nessesary for some ruthless opponents and that's why I want the pitfigher class I recall. It had the ability to chance either (knockout or kill) the opponent after having grappeled them for x amount of turns. My memory is a little fuzzy here because I don't have the books and cant seem to find the class online now. :(