PDA

View Full Version : Build help request

LordAshenshield
2014-01-03, 08:51 PM
Ok so i was thinking of a viking heavy drinking thor like character. But this is a gestalt in PF.
Ok should one side be battle oracle or cleric? If BO what should i add for bab and hd increases for melee power. Barbarian? Paladin? Fighter?

Its level 1 with two flaws and two traits and human with the advanced template.

Grayson01
2014-01-03, 09:04 PM
For the Concept I say Barb. the Hit Die is nice, Full BAB, and the Rage and all that fits the Viking Cocnept.

LordAshenshield
2014-01-03, 11:06 PM
But should I go cleric with storm and strength domains or battle oracle?
Also any suggestions on feats? I get 4 I believe.

Grayson01
2014-01-03, 11:46 PM
I don't know enough about BO to advise you on that one. What weapon you going to use, besides beer drinking what do you wanna do in battle & out?

rollforeigninit
2014-01-03, 11:53 PM
Try the Drunken Brute Archetype for the Barbie. PF has a bunch of feats that seem to help out the concept, too. They are in the suggested feats part of the archetype entry. I'd say Battle Oracle maybe with tongues curse (he's not too bright anyways so why bother talking? for the other side. Cleric seems a bit too studied for Thor.

LordAshenshield
2014-01-04, 01:54 AM
Warhammer and his fists mostly as weapons.
Remember Thor is no idiot he is just not book smart. But yeah he is not greatly learned but he is street smart.

I will look into the archetype u mentioned sounds fun.

I know for a fact our first AP has undead in it as a primary bad guy but only for the level 1-2 part of the three part AP so i wouldnt mind undead killing power but dont want it to be the sole focus of the build.

Outside of battle he would be more layed back but enjoy a good brawl. He uses intimidation to make potential baddies do as he wants but is not above a bluff roll to manipulate his enemies or allies.
I doubt very much if he is gonna be party face but i normally get that role.

Bullet06320
2014-01-04, 08:30 AM
profession sailor Vikings where master sailors and navigators

perform: drunken singing
I did that with a dwarvin fighter once, adds good flavor

there is the 2nd edition Vikings source book, to use for inspiration

dieties and demi gods may be usefull to, it details the norse gods

season 2 of Vikings is starting on history channel soon, could be usefull for inspiration as well

LordAshenshield
2014-01-04, 11:27 AM
I saw a hurler archetype as well that might be good can someone see if the two would go together? Away from PC at work and phone not so good.

rollforeigninit
2014-01-04, 12:09 PM
Nope the Hurler won't stack with Drunken Brute. Both lose fast movement. You'd have to pick or negotiate. If you need more feats there is another option though. There is a Viking Archetype that gives a Fighter Rage & lets you pick Rage Powers as bonus feats. Not usually a great tradeoff but it might be worth a few good ones.

LordAshenshield
2014-01-04, 12:15 PM
Interesting.
In dieties and demigod thor is barbarian 20/Ranger 20 that seem wierd to anyone?
The fighter feats might be nice though as i dont have to burn them for rage powers but can.

rollforeigninit
2014-01-04, 12:21 PM
Deities & Demigods is OLD. It dates back to when WotC actually though Fighter 20 was worth something. Thor Did Dark Chaos Shuffle (back in 3.5) & is much closer to being optimized. I'm not feeling Ranger really. I agree as to Viking. Rage as Barbie -3, a few intimidate goodies.

I'd Just say Oracle because Cleric seems too studied. Oracles can be smart too. I'm rolling a Battle Oracle in our Campaign & am really liking the Maneuver Master revelations. Maybe there's a way to get Bull Rush or Trip onto your Hammer.

LordAshenshield
2014-01-04, 12:47 PM
Well we can use 3.5 prcs due to there being so few in PF.
I was thinking hammer of moradin and stormlord for fluff and mechanics.

My dm rules gestalts to have two prcs so long a both dont progress spell, maneuverz, manifesting levels.

So battle oracle//viking fighter?

rollforeigninit
2014-01-04, 02:51 PM
Sounds good to me. I'm not a true optimizer though. It's a good place to start though.

LordAshenshield
2014-01-04, 04:32 PM
Not looking for uber op just good fun.