PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnation (Dragon Marks and such)

GhengisConrad
2014-01-03, 10:13 PM
So, read through Druids of Khorvaire, Part Two from the Wizards site...

interesting stuff. Considering I want to use a non-humanoid with the mark of passage, I liked what I saw.

But, from what I see, I would need somehow to find a druid to reincarnate me as such?... or can anyone be a reincarnated dragonmarker as a class build? It seems kinda like cheating to be two characters at once in a way... unless I am misunderstanding reincarnation (which is very likely)

I've heard the issue of reincarnation and dragonmarks is addressed in a Dragon Magazine somewhere...? Any idea where/what?

avr
2014-01-03, 10:24 PM
What your DM lets you write into your backstory is entirely up to them; they could just say "yeah, why not", or they could require you to roll on a reincarnation table, or they could reasonably say no.

GhengisConrad
2014-01-03, 11:03 PM
What your DM lets you write into your backstory is entirely up to them; they could just say "yeah, why not", or they could require you to roll on a reincarnation table, or they could reasonably say no.

Where does it stand on the scale of reasonability to say "I'm a reincarnated Human from the house of Orien"?

More or less reasonable than being half-minotaur feral anthropomorhpic bat?

More or less reasonable than changing alignments, almost class to class?

More or less reasonable than (please insert appropriate comparison here)?

avr
2014-01-04, 07:41 PM
IMO, it's slightly less reasonable than the first as nothing particularly like it is on the reincarnation table other than "100: Other", and quite a bit less reasonable than the second since alignment is fundamentally your choice. Ask your DM though.