PDA

View Full Version : Devastation of the Mosswood Tribe (3.P Sandbox, Recruitment Closes 18th)

Pages : [1] 2

Plerumque
2014-01-04, 12:59 AM
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/251/a/6/leaving_the_forest_by_andreasrocha-d6lk4zl.jpg
Four days ago, the Mosswood tribe, the largest collective of goblins this side of the Inner Sea, was almost completely wiped out. It started small- a few goblins going out to hunt or forage and never coming back. No one thought anything of it, for though the Mosswood is home to the largest of goblin tribes it is also the one with the highest mortality rate, due to the constant war for magical artifacts. But whatever this thing was that was slowly killing goblins, it wasn't content to stop at a few. One day, a few goblins left their village and came back to find no sign of any goblin anywhere. They gathered up their few possessions and fled. They came upon the same thing in every other village they came upon. No goblins, save maybe a few with the luck to be elsewhere when the thing came upon their home, that either joined up with the ragtag band or didn't, to never be seen again. Even Big Gugmut, the chieftain by virtue of brute force, was gone from his palace of mud and stone. All these goblins know, having escaped for some inestimable reason, is that they need to find another place to thrive, for the Mosswood is no longer safe for any goblin.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

3.P, using Pathfinder as the chassis. This means that wherever PF and 3.5 overlap, you should use Pathfinder.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Golarion, at least vaguely so. I'm not deeply familiar with the setting, so it may diverge at some point.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

5-6.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

OotS forums.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

10th level gestalt, moderate experience track.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Half standard WBL (31,000 gp).

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

No restrictions, run all homebrew or third party by me.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

The majority of the party should be goblins. However, you may reassign goblins' -2 Cha to one other mental stat if you wish, and all goblin subraces from either 3.5 or PF are approved. Allies of the goblin party are also acceptable. Use Pathfinder's CR system for races and templates, unless the base creature has more RHD than CR, in which case you may reduce the RHD to the CR. Again, ask about homebrew or third party.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

4d6b3, reroll the set if you have no score over 14 or a net modifier of less than +2. If you don't like your scores, you may take 25 point buy (PF point buy). HP is max at first, rolled afterwards.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

You should be able to get along with the rest of the party (Some friction is okay, but try not to kill each other in a permanent way). Other than that, no restrictions.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

No multiclassing penalties.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Roll in the IC or OOC, depending on your preference. I'll roll secretly for NPCs and passive checks.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Two PF traits, one 3.5 flaw. Fractional BAB and saves

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

You should either be a goblin who somehow survived this Event or someone who met up with and sympathized with the band of goblin refugees. A fair-sized background is expected, explaining at least your history and how you survived when the other goblins vanished/decided to join this group of funny little green creatures.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

It will depend on the choices of the players. There will certainly be opportunity for all three.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

All non-third party PF and 3.5 is auto-approved. Check with me about homebrew, third party material, and Dragon magazine, but I'm generally fairly lenient about such things.

This game need not be entirely as serious as this introduction has maybe made it out to be. You are goblins (or not, if you choose) with all that entails. This will largely be a sandbox game, and the plot will be driven by your actions and revolve around your characters' goals.

On character optimization level: I will be selecting characters based on how well they fit together in addition to backstory. Low-medium op level is the expected norm, but I may accept higher-op characters provided they fill a niche that would not make the other characters feel useless. Build a character, though, don't just string together some well-known cheese and slap a face on it.

Characters will be due Saturday the 18th. I will select characters and put up threads the following Sunday.
Interest:
{table=head]Player|Character|Race|Class|Role|Alignment
Darklink_Shadow|Dips (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=747309)|Goblin|ALL OF THEM|Team Mascot|NE
Tonberryking|Daes Moroh (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752868)|Kitsune|Sorcerer/Warlock|Sniper|CN
Harbinger|Skips Blaktak (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752788)|Wereskunk|Shadowdanc er/Soulknife|Sneaky Fighter|CN
Avr|Zord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752670)|Goblin|Ranger/Swordsage|Frontliner|LN
Re'ozul|Sliver (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753628)|Ratfolk|Warlock/Artisan|Crafter|???
Erik Vale|Ghorg Deathmixer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752730)|Goblin|Samurai/Alchemist|Rocket-Launcher Goblin|???
Failed Phantasm|Unnamed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752698)|Half-Dragon Gnoll|Cleric/Warblade|Buffer|CN
Nersxe|Shouts (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753904)|Goblin|Marshal/Dragon Shaman|Buffer|LE
Tyrann|Itru Foulcraze (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753266) and Familiar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753894)|Blue|Witch/Alchemist|Utility Caster|TN
Thokk_Smash|Specs (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=754989)|Goblin|Barbarian/Renaissance Man|Skillmonkey|???
Niw18|Zord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=736563)|Greater Barghest|Antipaladin|Melee|CE
Aldurin|Rikorg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=757274)|Winged Air Goblin|Swift Hunter/Sagittarius|Archer|TN
PwntQ|Tom the Barrel Lord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=760928)|Blue|Fighter/Aegis|Tank|???
JanusJones|E.B. Sink (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=766011)|Caveling Goblin|Jester|Prankster|CN[/table]

darklink_shadow
2014-01-04, 01:20 AM
Note for all: As of right now, Dips is in his old, unfixed form. I'll try to get him redone tomorrow night, but I will also be moving in my two roommates tomorrow, finalizing my job acceptance, and signing up for more classes tomorrow. It will be done soon though!

Harbinger
2014-01-04, 01:26 AM
I like goblins. Would you allow a frenzied berserker? I'd obviously take steps to boost my will save and such to prevent attacking the party, but I understand if you won't allow it. Are you using Level Adjustment? Because as far as I know, PF doesn't have it. Because I've been itching to try a lycanthrope of some kind.

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-04, 01:47 AM
Gah! Why have there been so many interesting games starting up lately? And so many of them are gestalt! Cannot... resist! Tentative interest, though I may withdraw depending on how my other applications pan out.

Kinda want to play a bugbear, but they have 3 RHD and, in 3.5e, LA +1; not sure how we're handling the LA in this game. Let's see what the dice say first, though (aside from "Screw you!").

[roll0] (+1)
[roll1] (+2)
[roll2] (+0)
[roll3] (-1)
[roll4] (-1)
[roll5] (+0)

Automatic reroll per the sixteen, since the sum of this set's modifiers is +1.

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-04, 01:53 AM
Okay. I hate the dice roller, and the dice roller hates me. I may end up having to reroll multiple times, so I'm just going to do that now and take the first non-rerollable set... and if that one's not any good, I'll just take the point buy.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

...and that's a 24 PB equivalent. Looks like I'm taking the point buy.

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]

Harbinger
2014-01-04, 02:15 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

cameronpants
2014-01-04, 02:19 AM
Posting interest. I have a few ideas rattling around in my noggin.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

cameronpants
2014-01-04, 02:20 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Auto reroll, ahoy!

cameronpants
2014-01-04, 02:22 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Sheesh. That 14 ceiling is hard to break!

JanusJones
2014-01-04, 02:22 AM
Okay kids: a proposal ...

The Power Rangers.

Hear me out!

Swarmfighting is a wonderful little feat from Complete Warrior that lets you swarm up with other small characters to gain a +1 morale bonus to attacks for each swarmed character, up to a max of Dex bonus. You can party this on each character with feats like Power Attack, Formation Expert, Shield Wall, and the like, to optimize the Megazord's abilities. Of course, each of the 5 rangers should have as high a Dex as possible, so as to make the most of this feat, and WP Finesse doesn't hurt either. Moreover, for any Shadow Hand users Shadow Blade will up your damage impressively.

Ultimately their bonuses when swarmed up will be SILLY! You can have the White Ram Ranger (White Raven), the Black Snake Ranger (Shadow Hand), the Orange Tiger Ranger (Tiger Claw), the Grey Dragon Ranger (Stone Dragon), the Red Rooster Ranger (Desert Wind), the Yellow Monkey Ranger (Setting Sun), the Blue Horse Ranger (Devoted Spirit), and the Iron Ox Ranger (Iron Heart). Chinese zodiac signs make their animals for them!

If you want to stick with the zodiac animal theme and wanted to camp up the silliness (Goblins, hey!), try the lamer animals - Pink Pig, Blue Dog, Black Rat, Yellow Monkey, Red Rooster, White Sheep.

There are a million fun ways to Tome of Battle this up. You can also work with Warchief from the Mini Handbook, Bards with Dragonfire Inspiration ... the list is endless.

Allied Defense (from one of those FRCS books) lets one of your characters sell his BAB down to nothing and add the value to his own and ALL ADJACENT ALLIES' AC. Since the big bonuses of flanking and Swarmfighting are already covering your attack bonus, this means the whole Zord becomes nearly impossible to hit. You could even have multiple Zord members pull this trick for TRULY stupid ACs (think 50 up).

By 9th level, having Warblades and Crusaders in the party become really silly. Flanking Maneuver (White Raven 5) lets your allies that are flanking a given target all take another attack when you hit. This attack does NOT count as an Aoo!

In other words, if you had 5 Swarmfighting characters using this maneuver in the same round (and one of them had Island of Blades up, keeping your target flanked for all of you), ALL of you would get 5 extra attacks that round at your FULL BAB!

Make sure another character has Tactics of the Wolf up and running for another initiator level in damage to all those hits. Get that same character (a Crusader, since Cha helps them) a level of Marshal to give everybody their Cha bonus to flanking damage too!

Consider - each character could have their own role and identity in the party, but when linked up into megazord form, they'd be well-nigh unstoppable! Hell, they'd still be making their own rolls, choices about maneuvers, etc., and would be in complete control of their build - the only thing required would be Swarmfighting and an intention to choose good, party-benefitting stuff.

Each character could get the benefit of not only Swarmfighting (attack bonus), but of countless party-boosting strikes and stances. Further, Aoos and flanking damage would be optimized - even against the undead and constructs! The Marshal's aura and Tactics of the Wolf would mean even those pesky sneak-attack immunes out there would bear the brunt of a flanking-fueled assault, to the tune of (Marshal's Cha mod) + (1/2 Warblade's initiator level).

Each character would, of course, dress exclusively in the color of their animal totem and have hair to match. Whenever they struck a stance or made a move, they would have to holler out the name of their attack - a name changed to something more thematically appropriate. It wouldn't be Crusader Strike, but "Rooster's Healthy Crow!"

Okay, so I made the flavor-text silly. But how much fun would that party be? I figure the following options would make for excellent Power Rangers:

Swordsage/Rogue: A focus on flanking/sneak attacks. At higher levels you can go for Assassin if you like, or even something like Nightsong Infiltrator to give your party mates their very own sneak attack dice.

Warblade: A focus on party-boosting strikes and Power Attack with a 2-hander. Ironheart Aura + Stormguard Warrior will make you a serious stomper. At higher levels you could go for Bloodstorm Blade, if you like, to add a little ranged rowdiness to the party.

Swordsage/Monk: The party tripper. Also a sneak to keep the Rogue company when they're out ahead scouting about. Shadow Sun Ninja levels would be fun at higher levels, or you could stick with Swordsage/Monk and pick up the Halfling Monk substitution level that gives you another +4 to trip bigger opponents. With Perfect Clarity, Improved Trip, Stonefoot Stance, the Halfling Monk 7th level substitution, and Setting Sun throws you'll have a +18 to trip (+14 for being small - sigh!). Add on Underfoot Combat and Confound the Big Folk when you can (9th and 12th level), and at 12th level you'll have a +22 (+18 for being small), and your enemy won't get it's size bonus! You could even dump the necessary feats into Defensive Throw (Dodge and Defensive Throw) so that when baddies miss you they'll land on their butts, letting all your friends poke them and call them names.

Marshal/Crusader/Warchief: A party healer and buffer. Warchief ups the flanking damage from your minor aura by pumping your Cha, plus allows you to give the party up to a +10 to Strength when you get to higher levels! You'll need to keep healing them, though - the frenzy deals damage equal to HD to every frenzied member. Another option, of course, would be to do this with a Marshal/Bard and go into Warchanter.

Crusader/Cleric/Ruby Knight Vindicator: Pick up extra turning and use it to fuel Crusader Strikes. You'll be able to heal people every round, and you'll have some shadow hand stances too - you can use this to allow your party Rogue to switch to an aura other than Island of Blades, if you feel inclined.

Warblade/Wizard: Use this as a springboard to get into Jade Phoenix Mage. This is especially nice since it allows you to pick up some Devoted Spirit maneuvers, though the only other discipline it lets you use is Desert Wind (blech!). You can get in with 1 level in Warblade and 5 in Wizard. That's only two lost spell-casting levels and you'll count as a 5th level initiate when you hit 7th (your first level of Jade Phoenix Mage). You could easily do this with a Swordsage and a Wisdom-based caster, like maybe a Cleric with the Magic domain.
Sorry. Had to let that out. Had a whole thread on those guys on the old WotC boards and never got to use them as recurring NPCs. Seems like it would just be amazing to do them up as goblins, if anyone's in!

On to the rolls!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-04, 02:25 AM
I think I'll roll multiple sets here, judging by the others' rolls...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
A 27 point buy...not stellar, but not subpar, I suppose.

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

Erik Vale
2014-01-04, 02:54 AM
Interested. I'll think about the 'power rangers' idea, and given gestalt I don't need to pour all my effort into it.

Oh, as a group, do we want to stick to seriousness or head more sillier territory. [Go Pyromania Go!]
Anyhow, stat sets.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

Ok, set one works, I'll probably stick with it over point buy.

Edit:
Ok, thinking the power ranger idea, a goblin gunner, or a half-orc conjurer.

avr
2014-01-04, 03:59 AM
Thinking of a PF Ranger // ToB Swordsage. I should be able to spare a feat or two for the power ranger suggestion. Anyway, rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Edit: I think I'll go with the point buy.

avr
2014-01-04, 04:02 AM
HP rolls: [roll0]

darklink_shadow
2014-01-04, 04:30 AM
Hmm, and Dips can be your mascot? Because he's got his own special rules. He can't take more than one level in any class.

JanusJones
2014-01-04, 10:44 AM
That works FINE. All he needs is the Swarmfighting feat, and into the Zord he goes! Plus, LOADS of Tome stuff works with only one level - just make them your last three (7-10, baby!). :smallcool:

EDIT: A few questions, P:

Are we going for humorous? I kinda assumed with Dips. I like a funny gob game - but anything works!
Power level of builds should be ... ? Low op, methinks, yesh?
Everyone's rolling multiple sets. I thought we were limited to the first unless the total mod was under +2 or our highest was a 14 ... but I could be wrong?
PrCs on one side only, or both?
To echo others: how we working LA?

Cheers, y'all! I think I'm calling Red Rooster. I need a White Sheep bodyguard for my Warchief, tho. :smalltongue:

tonberryking
2014-01-04, 11:07 AM
Hrm... Coupla questions as I have a potential idea for a non-goblin character: Basic premise is that they're a Chaotic Neutral sorceress who was hiding from the law at the time and made pals with the goblins. Something about gambling debts or taking some rich guy to the cleaners....

Not so basic premise: They're a kitsune. Although, would it be okay if I used the kitsune stats as they're printed, but just made them a different animal person like a rabbit-person instead of fox but mechanical keep it exactly the same?

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Hit die:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

...gonna be re-rolling that set, though, damn. The numbers were pretty good aside from the six, unless I can just reroll THAT.

Plerumque
2014-01-04, 11:15 AM
Note to all: 3.5 goblin subraces are allowed. Use PF's CR system for templates and races, unless the RHD is higher than the CR.

I like goblins. Would you allow a frenzied berserker? I'd obviously take steps to boost my will save and such to prevent attacking the party, but I understand if you won't allow it. Are you using Level Adjustment? Because as far as I know, PF doesn't have it. Because I've been itching to try a lycanthrope of some kind.

Frenzied Berserker is fine. Pathfinder lycanthropes have CR +1, so it would take up one class level.

Gah! Why have there been so many interesting games starting up lately? And so many of them are gestalt! Cannot... resist! Tentative interest, though I may withdraw depending on how my other applications pan out.

Kinda want to play a bugbear, but they have 3 RHD and, in 3.5e, LA +1; not sure how we're handling the LA in this game. Let's see what the dice say first, though (aside from "Screw you!").

Answered above, but I feel like bugbears are decidedly not worth 3 RHD and would be willing to reduce it to CR and RHD 1 (the RHD being replaced by the first class level but the CR adjustment staying).

Interested. I'll think about the 'power rangers' idea, and given gestalt I don't need to pour all my effort into it.

Oh, as a group, do we want to stick to seriousness or head more sillier territory. [Go Pyromania Go!]
Anyhow, stat sets.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

Ok, set one works, I'll probably stick with it over point buy.

Edit:
Ok, thinking the power ranger idea, a goblin gunner, or a half-orc conjurer.

It might differ from character to character, but it won't be as grim as the introduction as any means.

Hmm, and Dips can be your mascot? Because he's got his own special rules. He can't take more than one level in any class.

I spent a few minutes thinking about what I should categorize him as, then decided on mascot. You sure you don't want to rebuild him at all? A dip in Conjurer for Abrupt Jaunt or Cleric for Travel Devotion could help him out a bit.

That reminds me. On the interaction of 3.5 ACFs and PF classes, if the PF class has everything that the ACF would replace, simply tack it on. If it doesn't, ask me for a specific ruling.

Hrm... Coupla questions as I have a potential idea for a non-goblin character: Basic premise is that they're a Chaotic Neutral sorceress who was hiding from the law at the time and made pals with the goblins. Something about gambling debts or taking some rich guy to the cleaners....

Not so basic premise: They're a kitsune. Although, would it be okay if I used the kitsune stats as they're printed, but just made them a different animal person like a rabbit-person instead of fox but mechanical keep it exactly the same?

Kitsune's fine, as is refluffing it. There's also the 3.5 Hengeyokai and the CR +1 Lycanthrope template mentioned above, if you're looking for other options.

tonberryking
2014-01-04, 11:17 AM
I'd prefer to refluff the kitsune due to their CHA bonuses. I MAY go with a 3.5 warlock, but will probably stick to sorceress.

tonberryking
2014-01-04, 11:20 AM
Crap. Sorry for the double post but I need to re-roll those stats:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Also, I forgot this was gestalt. I can play BOTH a warlock and a sorcerer.

Re'ozul
2014-01-04, 11:27 AM
Is there any chance to get Tome of Secrets Warlock (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/warlock) approved?

But since its badly written, first proposed changes/added information.

School Abilities are Spell like abilities (not Supernatural ones) unless specifically mentioned different in description text.
Reason: Otherwise the armor expertise and some notes about spell resistance make no sense whatsoever.

School abilities directly on the Warlock page are standard actions, those in the actual school descriptions are whatever it says there.
Reason: Otherwise some abilities become useless/overpowered depending on given actions in their descriptions.

School abilities in the school descriptions are modified to reflect the warlock's "school abilities are at-will" idea.
- If it has an x-uses per day basis it is at-will but follows the duration/other restrictions given in the description.
- If it has rds/day or similar restrictions it becomes a standard-to-activate, free-to-dismiss power similar to the 3.5 24h invocations.

Added question:
Would it be possible to get an equivalent to the 3.5 extra invocation feat (such as "choose another school ability that you could have chosen at your current warlock level minus X; where X is defined by you for balance sake)

Harbinger
2014-01-04, 11:42 AM
So, having just looked over the list of animals that can be made into lycanthropes, and keeping the overall tone of this game in mind, I think I'm going to be a wereskunk.

tonberryking
2014-01-04, 11:49 AM
..So, basically, something's eating all the goblins, but with us, their cuddly woodland friends are here to help?

Harbinger
2014-01-04, 12:08 PM
..So, basically, something's eating all the goblins, but with us, their cuddly woodland friends are here to help?

Yup. :smallbiggrin: The cute, cuddly, adorable little frenzied berserker.

Re'ozul
2014-01-04, 12:41 PM
Adding The Artisan (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/3rd-party-publisher---drop-dead-studios---classes/the-artisan) as requested class because its everything an Artificer should be without the OP weird device ability of the Adamant entertainment version.

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-04, 01:29 PM
{{10 characters}}

tonberryking
2014-01-04, 02:25 PM
As a sorc/warlock combination, will the Longshot spell from PF: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/l/longshot work on her eldritch blast?

Nightraiderx
2014-01-04, 02:52 PM
I shall be the stereotypical goblin pyromancer build then going to look into alchemist

nersxe
2014-01-04, 03:44 PM
Looking into the marshal part of the power rangers bid. I don't know ToB and would prefer not to learn it just to apply to one game, but I can grab Swarmfighting along with everyone else. I'm considering having marshal on one side, and dragon shaman on the other. That would buff everyone always in all ways.

(It would also be low-mid op; neither marshal nor dragon shaman have any non-diplomancer cheese I've ever seen.)

Going with the first usable array:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Array two:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Array three:
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

razorfloss
2014-01-04, 03:54 PM
I'm interested as this http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320653 rolls will be up later

Pallid
2014-01-04, 03:59 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

HAHAHAHAH..what?

Nightraiderx
2014-01-04, 04:08 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

tonberryking
2014-01-04, 04:08 PM
I guess we could call that goblin Stumpy.

EDIT: Also, here is some of Daes' background:

Appearance:She's a big bunny in a cloak. You can't really get around this. Around four and a half feet tall, tan colored but for black at the ear tips and paler cream about her face. She seems to eschew fanciful clothing, and while her cloak has frays and cracks, it's got..character: the canvas is dyed with swirls of maroon and deep violet, the leather trim thick with brass studs. There is a swagger to her gait, and a good sense of smarm in her expressions. She has a very forceful, confrontational poise, backed with an ungodly degree of egotism behind her eyes.

Her human guise is unknown. With her parents excluded, no one, in any recollection, nd I mean NOBODY has ever seen her assume her true human form, leading one to wonder if she has one or is even aware of it.

Personality:
She's the most egotistical bunny, the most uppity sorceress, and the smartest ass people in the adventuring biz have had the misfortune of dealing with. A gambler with a dim view of 'humanity' (applying this term to elves, dwarves, halflings, etc.) in general, hence her smart mouth, Daes nonetheless capriciously tries to live the life she can carve out of the world. Though she has the adventurer wanderlust, at times, she proclaims to also have an appreciation for the finer things in life, which she defines as gambling copious amounts of money, swindling copious amounts of money out of "people who have it coming" and feasting hard after either. She has a... soft spoken appreciation for literature and loves reading, but has yet to act on any urge to hoard books as a dragon would gold. ...Yet. In spite of being a trigger happy little munchkin, it must be said she doesn't make hell for just everyone--she has to be crossed first and as destructive and as swindling as she can be, she tends to destroy property with a few warning shots before being willing to blow up people just as easily. She also tries, basically, to value loyalty over other virtues she may eschew, but how well she accomplishes this is debatable... The good aspects of her nature seem like after thoughts, as if someone with power over her requested her to try being nicer to people...

Backstory:
The Usajin are cousins to kitsune; a timid, passive lot of bunny-folk with no urges to adventure nor make trouble, known for being religiously faithful and good natured. However Daes' father Maesol, a goodly innkeeper, had a streek of womanizing in his nature. The world would learn of this decades after he wooed a bronze-haired traveler one rainy night, unaware of her draconic nature...

Daes was left on his doorstep a year later, with a clear message that if Maesol didn't owe up to fatherhood, his inn would be razed. Her mother would later prove that she loved her child dearly, but a dragon's business would not allow her to always be their for her daughter.

The usajin as a whole were timid, but Daes was the exception. Faced with social betters and peers that told her she was weak, young, stupid, a peasant, or any other number of things, Daes' response was to stand defiant. Her mother, when she came to visit, encouraged such from her daughter (and why shouldn't her special gem act as if she was special?) And when her powers of eldritch and arcane manifested, Daes saw them as the great equalizer, and set off to make her mark.

Her mother held her hand, so to speak, on a few adventures and then bade her daughter farewell, finding it important that Daes learn to stand on her own and craft her powers her own way... The decision being a double edged sword as the lapin sorceress has carved a path of indignation and semi decadence, but she's also blown up a few evil monsters and rid the world of greedy men as well... Hopefully it's just a phase...

Plerumque
2014-01-04, 06:48 PM
Is there any chance to get Tome of Secrets Warlock (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/warlock) approved?

But since its badly written, first proposed changes/added information.

School Abilities are Spell like abilities (not Supernatural ones) unless specifically mentioned different in description text.
Reason: Otherwise the armor expertise and some notes about spell resistance make no sense whatsoever.

School abilities directly on the Warlock page are standard actions, those in the actual school descriptions are whatever it says there.
Reason: Otherwise some abilities become useless/overpowered depending on given actions in their descriptions.

School abilities in the school descriptions are modified to reflect the warlock's "school abilities are at-will" idea.
- If it has an x-uses per day basis it is at-will but follows the duration/other restrictions given in the description.
- If it has rds/day or similar restrictions it becomes a standard-to-activate, free-to-dismiss power similar to the 3.5 24h invocations.

Approved with your proposed changes, except that school abilities are only (Sp) if they actually mimic spells, and I'd like you to run your proposed school abilities by me first because I see some potentially broken choices.

Added question:
Would it be possible to get an equivalent to the 3.5 extra invocation feat (such as "choose another school ability that you could have chosen at your current warlock level minus X; where X is defined by you for balance sake)

Yes, any ability you could have chosen at your warlock level -4, minimum 1.

Adding The Artisan (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/3rd-party-publisher---drop-dead-studios---classes/the-artisan) as requested class because its everything an Artificer should be without the OP weird device ability of the Adamant entertainment version.

An elegant Artificer conversion. Approved.

As a sorc/warlock combination, will the Longshot spell from PF: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/l/longshot work on her eldritch blast?

Yes. You may treat your eldritch blast as a typical ranged weapon for the purposes of spells and feats.

I'm interested as this http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320653 rolls will be up later

Tentatively approved.

tonberryking
2014-01-04, 06:57 PM
Let me know if the fact Daes has a distanced dragon mom is too much out of place for this; I felt like I'd mention that she is on her own for game purposes and doesn't have a bronze dragon on speed dial, just to explain that she's so egotistical because, among other things, that her dragon mommy told her her she could be whatever she wanted, and then she proceeded to follow through.

At the moment, I'm hoping to pal up with anyone who wants to be involved with some "Noodle Incident" involving Daes and her gambling that got her and some goblinkin run out of town and back to Goblin land to lay low for awhile. If the gobbos are willing to put up with her, she's willing to blow up something that's eating them.

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-04, 07:02 PM
Can I scratch the setting-specific flavor from the Valenar Double Scimitar (Eberron Campaign Setting, pg. 119) and use one? I had half a mind to just dual wield ordinary scimitars like a good battle cleric of Sarenrae ought, but I'm not sure I want to burn a feat slot on Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting.

EDIT: Alternatively, could I refluff a double khopesh (Sandstorm, pg. 96, 97) as a double scimitar?

Re'ozul
2014-01-04, 07:06 PM
School abilities I'd like:

at-will 25ft swift action teleport (teleport subschool)
Because its really fun and is one of the things that never loses utility. (This is one of the ones I want most because its just cool)

Summon Monster II (from warlock class)
Because it has utility even though its actual strenght is meaningless at this point (I promise I won't go summoning armies in advance, maybe limited to one summon per 2 levels, so 5 atm)

See Invisibility (Warlock class)
Useful

Arcane Bolt (Warlock Class)
The Eldritch Blast analogue.

Energy Absorbtion (Abjuration)
Modified to standard amount standard action activation. (So standard action to get 30points of energy absorbtion) (I am aware I'll like not get this one)

Foretell (Foresight subschool)
A nice aura buff, though not essential

Invisibility Field (Illusion)
Greater Invis (where 3.5 had plain invis)

Erik Vale
2014-01-04, 07:19 PM
Questions-
Are/To what level are firearms (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms)present?

How do you feel about the Yabusame (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/samurai/archetypes/rite-publishing---samurai-archetypes/yabusame)Samurai Archtype? What if references to longbow became gun?

ATM I'm thinking of either a goblin Samurai|Alchemist or Warlock being a high ranking goblin alchemist warrior/warrior shaman, or a half-orc Sorcerer|Fighter who was a ageing 'exile' shaman who joined the goblin tribe.

Plerumque
2014-01-04, 07:20 PM
Let me know if the fact Daes has a distanced dragon mom is too much out of place for this; I felt like I'd mention that she is on her own for game purposes and doesn't have a bronze dragon on speed dial, just to explain that she's so egotistical because, among other things, that her dragon mommy told her her she could be whatever she wanted, and then she proceeded to follow through.

At the moment, I'm hoping to pal up with anyone who wants to be involved with some "Noodle Incident" involving Daes and her gambling that got her and some goblinkin run out of town and back to Goblin land to lay low for awhile. If the gobbos are willing to put up with her, she's willing to blow up something that's eating them.

The dragon parent isn't a problem. Note that I don't expect you to challenge the thing that's vanishing goblins, at least not for a while (if ever).

Can I scratch the setting-specific flavor from the Valenar Double Scimitar (Eberron Campaign Setting, pg. 119) and use one? I had half a mind to just dual wield ordinary scimitars like a good battle cleric of Sarenrae ought, but I'm not sure I want to burn a feat slot on Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting.

Sure.

School abilities I'd like:

at-will 25ft swift action teleport (teleport subschool)
Because its really fun and is one of the things that never loses utility. (This is one of the ones I want most because its just cool)

Summon Monster II (from warlock class)
Because it has utility even though its actual strenght is meaningless at this point (I promise I won't go summoning armies in advance, maybe limited to one summon per 2 levels, so 5 atm)

See Invisibility (Warlock class)
Useful

Arcane Bolt (Warlock Class)
The Eldritch Blast analogue.

Energy Absorbtion (Abjuration)
Modified to standard amount standard action activation. (So standard action to get 30points of energy absorbtion) (I am aware I'll like not get this one)

Foretell (Foresight subschool)
A nice aura buff, though not essential

Invisibility Field (Illusion)
Greater Invis (where 3.5 had plain invis)

No to Energy Absorption and Invisibility Field. All others are fine.

EDIT:
Questions-
Are/To what level are firearms (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms)present?

How do you feel about the Yabusame (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/samurai/archetypes/rite-publishing---samurai-archetypes/yabusame)Samurai Archtype? What if references to longbow became gun?

Emerging guns, and the Yabusame archetype using guns is okay, though we're not using Honor.

Erik Vale
2014-01-04, 07:22 PM
Questions-

ATM I'm thinking of either a goblin Samurai|Alchemist or Warlock being a high ranking goblin alchemist warrior/warrior shaman, or a half-orc Sorcerer|Fighter who was a ageing 'exile' shaman who joined the goblin tribe.

Quote to ensure it doesn't get missed [1 min before your post].

Plerumque
2014-01-04, 07:27 PM
Aand I edited it in just before I saw your repost. :smallsigh:

Erik Vale
2014-01-04, 07:30 PM
Lol. Thanks. Now to decide slightly less fluff sure goblin/also cool idea I've had for awhile test goblin or very fluff sure half-orc.

Yeah, I didn't think we'd be using honor, mostly because goblins.

JanusJones
2014-01-04, 07:34 PM
Some options - all very gobby. Anyone who likes a build, mention it - I have TERRIBLE gamer ADHD, especially when it comes to builds, so any comments help!

Spitz: Horks acid in a 45 ft. cone or big flaming globs. Sneaky and skilled, too. If I want to make him tough, I'll give him a lot of little snakes and spiders as companions (Druid and Ranger and familiar-granting levels) and use Share Soulmeld to let THEM spit, too.
Strongnob: This is one of the rangers - the White Ram (or whatever ... Whitebeard Strongnob, more like!). Uses Allied Defense and Improved Combat Expertise to add +10 AC to anyone who shares his square a la Swarmfighting (while both get a bonus to hit for Swarmfighting, up to a max of Dex mod or # of Swarmfighters, whichever is lower). He then takes hits for his pals who are swarmfighting, paying back whatever hit them with two attacks (a la Double Hit and Karmic Strike) with a pair of Spinning Swords, healing damage via Martial Spirit/Aura of Triumph. A heal n' deal n' defend-type.
Lobz: An alchemist with the Master Thrower's Palm Throw ability who hurls lots ... and LOTS of bombs. Like ... LOTS (think double-digits). Gobby nobby fun!
Nosh Bigmouth: A Thayan Gladiator/Kensai whose specialty, crazily enchanted weapon is ... his mouth. Will be able to eat anything as well, of course.
Rednob: A Bard/Marshal/Crusader build who will take 7 levels of Warchief, allowing him to give the whole tribe +8 to Strength (but you'll take 10 damage/round ... working on strategies for auto-healing that). A crazy, gibbering, goblin leader who will spend a lot of time whipping everybody else into a happy horde party wagon of frenzied gobbish doom! May take Dragonfire Inspiration, and definitely that PF feat that lets Gobby Bards grant morale bonuses to saves.
Screamz: A fear-based build. Nightmare Spinner/Dread Witch are a possibility, as is Imperious Command plus any of the various ways to get Swift Action Intimidates and lots and lots of SA dice. Screams at people with a big freaky mouth and goggling eyes, scares them silly, then beats them over the head. Will double as either skill/sneak-monkey or arcane caster support.
Scrabble: A fun one! Uses Beast Strike along with Dragon Disciple and Totemist levels to add acidic Kruthik Claws damage to boosted Superior Unarmed Strike Monk damage. Sneaky, plus claws enemies' faces off.
Scurry: A hidey build who can remain invisible pretty much all the time. Might also throw in some Stonedeath Assassin levels for meld into stone or Teflammer Shadowlord for shadow-pouncing win. Could also go for a slice n' dice Iaijutsu Focus build.
Dirty Touch: As long as we're re-flavoring stuff, I'd love to play a Nosomatic Chirurgeon. They're super-gobby, too, even though they're supposed to be Halflings. Could combo it with a Cancer Mage for really, REALLY diseased fun!

I'm sure I forgot a couple ideas that will come back to me.

Re'ozul
2014-01-04, 07:37 PM
Also regarding the Artisan:

I will be taking the following talents:

- The enchanting one that reduces crafting cost by 25%
- The basic wand one for DCs
- The one that allows me to use my own CL for wands

I'll also take the Arcana Specialization for more Wand waving (I assume that for multi-instance spells the extra damage/healing is applied only once as with 3.5 Warmage's edge)

EDIT: I'll likely spend feats to get minor creation (which I won't use probably) and World forger. The reason being that I am amused by the ability to take random detritus from the wayside and make them into small pieces of art (statuettes, tiny stone swords etc) while walking with a wave of my hand.

avr
2014-01-04, 07:51 PM
With myth-weavers down it'll be a while before I can post a character. I was reminded though that dex-based swordsages are a feat sink. I can get Swarmfighting but not Combat expertise+Allied defence unless I multiclass fighter. Same for my animal companion, an eagle (though in that case because 13 INT is impossible for them).

Which reminds me, is the Allied defence feat - from a regional Forgotten Realms book - OK for this campaign?

Plerumque
2014-01-04, 08:18 PM
I'll also take the Arcana Specialization for more Wand waving (I assume that for multi-instance spells the extra damage/healing is applied only once as with 3.5 Warmage's edge)

Correct.

Which reminds me, is the Allied defence feat - from a regional Forgotten Realms book - OK for this campaign?

Certainly. As a rule, you don't have to ask about 3.5 material unless it's unusually cheesy.

Erik Vale
2014-01-04, 08:34 PM
Ok, Questions for Yabusame's Shi no ya (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/samurai/archetypes/rite-publishing---samurai-archetypes/yabusame) ability:

This causes the attack to do *X damage it's normal, is this just the rolled damage of the weapon, or the total damage? [Given it lacks the similar clarrification of Vital Strike I would presume the later, but that makes it somewhat broken]

With Explosive Missile (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/explosive-missile), Does the bomb count as the ammunition or does the gun need to have ammo as well? And does the bomb damage count as extra damage or base damage in conjunction with Shi no ya? Similarly so with Vital Strike? [Not an attack action]

If Shi no ya covers the bombs damage as well, then it's something my Samurai goblin will rarely do, but when he does so it will cause ludicrous gibs of awesome sauce.

Also, with Rocket Bomb (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-goblin/fire-bomber-alchemist-goblin/rocket-bomb-su), is there any chance when I combine it with Explosive Missile and a gun I could replace the gun's range increment with Explosice Missile's range increment?

Yes, I've decided to go with the Samurai fully.

Edit: Would it be possible to attach a Double Hackbut to a creature [say a mount] for normal firing instead of it's carriage for the same time cost to negate the penalties [I understand if you would like me to have a large mount instead of a medium for this]?

Extra Edit:
Yabusame's abilities only apply to longbows [and by extension composite longbows], would you like me to pick one specific type of firearm and it's variants [i.e muskets for musket, double musket, axe/hammer muskets?], or is firearms fine?
If specific, when using the melee part of axe and hammer muskets would the Yabusame's abilities still apply [extra damage for only a standard attack], or only if making a ranged one?

If the specific firearm over all, this has the added bonus of sidestepping the does Shi no ya affect bombs, as I wouldn't be applying it to pistols, which are the only things bomb can affect by Explosive Missile [unless I go back to bow or crossbow, which I wouldn't be combining with alchemist].

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-04, 08:51 PM
Are we allowed to use crafting feats before the game begins? I know most DMs are hesitant to tweak starting WBL this way, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Since my character is using a double weapon, I'd prefer not to pay effectively twice as much to keep the thing up to date, though if we have sufficient downtime during the game, I can always shift the work until then. Although, just being able to make a few scrolls to keep on hand would be nice, too. Not sure whether to take Scribe Scroll or Craft Magic Arms and Armor (or both?).

EDIT: Unrelated query, but do you have any particular advice about what favored enemies and terrains are likely to be encountered in the campaign? I've currently got Undead as one of them, since they seem to appear at least once in most games (also: RP reasons), but I kinda don't want to pick anything irrelevant.

Tyrann
2014-01-04, 09:39 PM
Posting interest as a goblin alchemist // crazy diviner wizard.

Would you allow the 3.5 blue goblin (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Blue) without the rather harsh +1 LA? Or just the stat distribution on a regular goblin? I don't want/need the power point and I'm fine with being green.

Fingers crossed for rolls (but knowing my luck on these forums I guess I'd better roll 3 sets just to not clog up the thread).

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

Edit: Meh I'll just take the point buy instead.

Harbinger
2014-01-04, 09:47 PM
Are Pathfinder psionics allowed?

EDIT: Also, I'm adding the Arboreal (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/arboreal-creature-cr-1) template to my character. The reason I'm telling you is because I realize I now have two templates, and I've heard that template stacking is considered bad or cheesy. I don't think what I'm doing here is either of those things, because I only have two and they're both being taken because I think they fit my character more than because they make him more powerful, but I just wanted to check with you to make sure it was OK.

Plerumque
2014-01-04, 10:41 PM
Lots of questions. Let's see here...

Ok, Questions for Yabusame's Shi no ya (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/samurai/archetypes/rite-publishing---samurai-archetypes/yabusame) ability:

This causes the attack to do *X damage it's normal, is this just the rolled damage of the weapon, or the total damage? [Given it lacks the similar clarrification of Vital Strike I would presume the later, but that makes it somewhat broken]

Double all damage that would be doubled by a critical hit.

With Explosive Missile (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/explosive-missile), Does the bomb count as the ammunition or does the gun need to have ammo as well? And does the bomb damage count as extra damage or base damage in conjunction with Shi no ya? Similarly so with Vital Strike? [Not an attack action]

If Shi no ya covers the bombs damage as well, then it's something my Samurai goblin will rarely do, but when he does so it will cause ludicrous gibs of awesome sauce.

You can choose whether to replace the ammunition with bombs altogether, which means you don't get the base damage of the weapon but do multiply bomb damage with Shi No Ya, or you can choose not to. This is a permanent decision for each weapon you have, as the modifications to the weapon prevent it from firing a different type of ammunition.

Also, with Rocket Bomb (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-goblin/fire-bomber-alchemist-goblin/rocket-bomb-su), is there any chance when I combine it with Explosive Missile and a gun I could replace the gun's range increment with Explosice Missile's range increment?

So... you're making a rocket launcher? Why not, go for it.

Edit: Would it be possible to attach a Double Hackbut to a creature [say a mount] for normal firing instead of it's carriage for the same time cost to negate the penalties [I understand if you would like me to have a large mount instead of a medium for this]?

You'd need a large mount, and I'd like you to explain how exactly you are installing a swiveling mechanism on an animal, but I'm all right with it mechanics-wise.

Extra Edit:
Yabusame's abilities only apply to longbows [and by extension composite longbows], would you like me to pick one specific type of firearm and it's variants [i.e muskets for musket, double musket, axe/hammer muskets?], or is firearms fine?
If specific, when using the melee part of axe and hammer muskets would the Yabusame's abilities still apply [extra damage for only a standard attack], or only if making a ranged one?

Yes, please choose one. No, it would not apply to melee attacks with the chosen weapon, as that doesn't make sense with the concept of a skilled ranged attacker that Yabusame has.

If the specific firearm over all, this has the added bonus of sidestepping the does Shi no ya affect bombs, as I wouldn't be applying it to pistols, which are the only things bomb can affect by Explosive Missile [unless I go back to bow or crossbow, which I wouldn't be combining with alchemist].

Make the rocket launcher. We need a goblin with a rocket launcher for this game to be truly complete.

Are we allowed to use crafting feats before the game begins? I know most DMs are hesitant to tweak starting WBL this way, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Yes, but you may only use up to half your WBL to craft.

Since my character is using a double weapon, I'd prefer not to pay effectively twice as much to keep the thing up to date, though if we have sufficient downtime during the game, I can always shift the work until then. Although, just being able to make a few scrolls to keep on hand would be nice, too. Not sure whether to take Scribe Scroll or Craft Magic Arms and Armor (or both?).

You could also get Re'ozul to enchant your weapon after the game begins, as he gets a 25% cost reduction.

EDIT: Unrelated query, but do you have any particular advice about what favored enemies and terrains are likely to be encountered in the campaign? I've currently got Undead as one of them, since they seem to appear at least once in most games (also: RP reasons), but I kinda don't want to pick anything irrelevant.

It would depend on where you go, as the map is pretty much open, but I would say animals, magical beasts, monstrous humanoids, and various other shades of humanoid would be the best picks for favored enemies. Forest and plains would be my starting picks for favored terrain, then either urban, mountains, or water next, depending on where you guys go.

Would you allow the 3.5 blue goblin (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Blue) without the rather harsh +1 LA? Or just the stat distribution on a regular goblin? I don't want/need the power point and I'm fine with being green.

I would recommend you use the PF Blue (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/races/blue), unless you really want Charisma for some reason.

Are Pathfinder psionics allowed?

Absolutely.

EDIT: Also, I'm adding the Arboreal template to my character. The reason I'm telling you is because I realize I now have two templates, and I've heard that template stacking is considered bad or cheesy. I don't think what I'm doing here is either of those things, because I only have two and they're both being taken because I think they fit my character more than because they make him more powerful, but I just wanted to check with you to make sure it was OK.

No worries. I just don't want half your gestalt to be all templates, unless you have a truly excellent explanation.

JanusJones
2014-01-04, 10:44 PM
No opinions on builds?

Also, Mange - a goblin Warg rider. Cause that's cool. :smallcool:

Plerumque
2014-01-04, 10:54 PM
If you're going with a Power Ranger, I'd recommend Rednob, so long as you figure out a way to heal the damage, as we have someone else who's mentioned Allied Defense already. If you're not, Nosh Bigmouth or Dirty Touch sound fun.

Erik Vale
2014-01-04, 11:54 PM
Double all damage that would be doubled by a critical hit.

I think that would be all of it.

You can choose whether to replace the ammunition with bombs altogether, which means you don't get the base damage of the weapon but do multiply bomb damage with Shi No Ya, or you can choose not to. This is a permanent decision for each weapon you have, as the modifications to the weapon prevent it from firing a different type of ammunition.

Hmmm... Changes the power slightly and I'll make note of it.

So... you're making a rocket launcher? Why not, go for it.

I am now, a rocket launching pistol/flare pistol of doom.

You'd need a large mount, and I'd like you to explain how exactly you are installing a swiveling mechanism on an animal, but I'm all right with it mechanics-wise.

Two saddles, but the forward one has a sort of disk that the gun sits on.
Maybe a third with the middle one having the disk to explain firing behind... Or maybe a entire planquin with the rotating thing in the middle, like one of those lazy tables. [I'll have to sink some ranks into engineering]

Yes, please choose one. No, it would not apply to melee attacks with the chosen weapon, as that doesn't make sense with the concept of a skilled ranged attacker that Yabusame has.

Didn't think so [melee].
Hmmm, vital strike won't work with the pistol so maybe get that for my riffles and Yabusame for my rocket launching pistol...
Hmmm. Thoughts.

Make the rocket launcher. We need a goblin with a rocket launcher for this game to be truly complete.

Agreed. However given that the shots won't explode unless there is dm fiat, it'll be a flare pistol, which is still awesome.

JanusJones
2014-01-04, 11:59 PM
Power Rangers are best in a TEAM. It requires a bunch to form the 'Zord, you see - also, the +1 morale bonus to attack for each Swarmfighter caps at either Dex mod OR the number of gobs in the Swarm.

Which means a whole team of gobs - 5 or 6 - could easily all get a +5 or 6 to hit, effectively doubling their Dex mods. Rednob's cool, but man - 10 damage/round is a lot to auto-heal. The Draconic Aura's only got me restoring 3/round, which I guess I'd be supplementing with Aura of Triumph strikes, but dang.

Nosh Bigmouth is kinda cool. Dirty Touch is also win, and super-hidey. I'd be thinking "Tiki-mask shaman" style for him. As in "booga booga booga." Totally horribly stereotypical, but great gobbish fun when you suck the life from your foes with your hopping and hollering (18 damage to 10 targets within 30 ft., then hide, or 42 damage to one guy, then hide).

Man, Dirty Touch WOULD be fun. He'd also work in a 'Zord, too.

darklink_shadow
2014-01-05, 12:01 AM
Plem, I am going to rebuild Dips.

Tonight, I think. I'll get to work on him as soon as I reply to all my other games.

tonberryking
2014-01-05, 12:20 AM
Does that mean Daes would be Dragon ranger? Her mom's a dragon and she can polymorph into your own Dragon Zord for this!

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 05:16 AM
Yes, but you may only use up to half your WBL to craft.

So many wands to build.

Race: Would Ratfolk be a possible ally for goblins (they are about as well liked I think). And they also make sense for Warlock//Crafters as they are themselves the result of magic experimentation and are natural tinkers.

Also, they don't have a listed favored class bonus for Artisan (due to that being 3rd party), but their Alchemists get "1/6th of a discovery".
May I use the Artisan's human "1/6 of a craftsman technique" one instead?

EDIT: Would it be too cheesy to take the trait that reduces magical crafting cost by 5% for a total of only having to pay 70% (Thats where I'll stopy with the wbl breaking, promise)

Rendel Nep
2014-01-05, 06:57 AM
Would a Blue healing orientated Egoist/Fighter who has delusions about being a paladin in the Don Coyote manner be workable within this group?

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 08:13 AM
Spells I will likely have wands for: (All spells have duration/range of CL10)

Cure Light wounds (1d8+10)
Hide From undead (up to ten people, useful)
Shield of Faith (+3 deflection)
Alarm (useful due to increased duration)
Magic Missile (5 missiles, one at +5 damage)
Shield (useful)
Mage Armor (useful)
Icicle Dagger (maybe, gives me a temporar +1 frost dagger)
Keep Watch (5 people, get full effect of rest without having to sleep)
Burning Hands (5d4+5 fire damage)
Ear piercing scream (5d6+5 sonic and dazed 1rd, fort halves and negates daze)
Color Spray (Because Color Spray)
Dazzling Blade (targets one weapon, +4 to feint,diarm, vs disarm)
Ray of Enfeeblement (1d6+5)
Crafter's Fortune (+5 on one craft check within the next 10 days)

Open to more suggestions.

avr
2014-01-05, 10:30 AM
I'm getting a robe of useful items (looted off a gnome illusionist). Rolling the contents: number of additional patches [roll0]

avr
2014-01-05, 10:35 AM
That was more than I expected. Rolling contents
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
Not bad, though you have to wonder what the original owner was planning to do with all the windows.

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 10:46 AM
Rolling multiple sets of abilities:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

First set would be applicable by rules but is only 19point buy, so 25 point buy it is.

Harbinger
2014-01-05, 10:52 AM
HP rolling:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 11:08 AM
Two saddles, but the forward one has a sort of disk that the gun sits on.
Maybe a third with the middle one having the disk to explain firing behind... Or maybe a entire planquin with the rotating thing in the middle, like one of those lazy tables. [I'll have to sink some ranks into engineering]

Seems awkward, switching saddles in the middle of combat. But as long as your character does put some ranks in Knowledge (engineering) and maybe Craft, I don't see any mechanical reason to not let you do it.

Agreed. However given that the shots won't explode unless there is dm fiat, it'll be a flare pistol, which is still awesome.

Why not?

When the infused ammunition hits its target, it deals damage normally and detonates as if the alchemist had thrown the bomb at the target.
That would seem to indicate, to me, that the shot explodes.

Race: Would Ratfolk be a possible ally for goblins (they are about as well liked I think). And they also make sense for Warlock//Crafters as they are themselves the result of magic experimentation and are natural tinkers.

Also, they don't have a listed favored class bonus for Artisan (due to that being 3rd party), but their Alchemists get "1/6th of a discovery".
May I use the Artisan's human "1/6 of a craftsman technique" one instead?

Yes and yes.

EDIT: Would it be too cheesy to take the trait that reduces magical crafting cost by 5% for a total of only having to pay 70% (Thats where I'll stopy with the wbl breaking, promise)

As long as you're not taking Extraordinary Artisan, Magical Artisan, and Apprentice (Craftsman) on top of that for a total of .15 x list price, no.

Would a Blue healing orientated Egoist/Fighter who has delusions about being a paladin in the Don Coyote manner be workable within this group?

Certainly.

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 11:28 AM
As long as you're not taking Extraordinary Artisan, Magical Artisan, and Apprentice (Craftsman) on top of that for a total of .15 x list price, no.

Those don't exist in Pathfinder I think?

EDIT: So my traits will be:

Spark of Creation: +1 to craft checks and 5% cost reduction
Pragmatic Activator: Use Int instead of Cha for UMD

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 12:48 PM
Right, but all 3.5 material is blanket approved so long as it's not third-party, Dragon Magazine, or particularly cheesy. So you could take those, but I advise you don't.

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 12:50 PM
Right, but all 3.5 material is blanket approved so long as it's not third-party, Dragon Magazine, or particularly cheesy. So you could take those, but I advise you don't.

Mot enough space anyway. My 3,5,7,9 feats will go into craftman techniques most likely. Or 2 will and 2 will be item creation feats, I'll see.

commander panda
2014-01-05, 01:13 PM
i've never done gestalt or pathfinder, but i'm interested if you'll have me. would the dualists class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210101) be ok? i'd probably pair that with rogue.

rolling stats.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

actually, i think i'll take point buy. pathfinder goblin, right? i'm switching the -2 CHA to INT
STR 11
DEX 21
CON 15
INT 5
WIS 14
CHA 11

if the dualist is allowed i'll probably play CN goblin twins, who are dumb as a sack of hammers.

tonberryking
2014-01-05, 01:31 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752868

Here's the majority of Daes' sheet, minus get finished gear and skills. Is this too much of a good, explodey thing? Her spell list was going to look like this, minus cantrips and the Draconic bloodline stuff like Mage armor, fly, etc.

1-5 Identify, Charm Person, Comprehend Languages, Longshot, Disguise self
2-4 Rope Trick, Bull's Strength, Protection from Arrows, Detect Thoughts
3-3 Dispel Magic, Protection from Energy, Haste or Fireball
4-2 *Dragon's breath*, Globe of Invulnerability (lesser) or Scrying
5-1 Polymorph

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 01:34 PM
@tonberryking

Are you going to get horizon goggles (asking because of your Longshot question earlier)?

tonberryking
2014-01-05, 01:58 PM
I... actually don't have the MiC. What do they do?

Harbinger
2014-01-05, 02:06 PM
Skips Blaktak (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752788)

My initial sheet. He's a shadowdancer/soulknife built as a sneaky rogue type, doubling as a frontliner when needed.

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 02:23 PM
I... actually don't have the MiC. What do they do?

Gives you 'Far Shot' including for spells and spell like abilities. (basically 50% more range than normal). Though they are 8000gp.

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 02:47 PM
i've never done gestalt or pathfinder, but i'm interested if you'll have me. would the dualists class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210101) be ok? i'd probably pair that with rogue.

I'm sorry. I love the Dualist class as well, but I feel like it's too potentially unbalanced in gestalt for me to allow it.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752868

Here's the majority of Daes' sheet, minus get finished gear and skills. Is this too much of a good, explodey thing? Her spell list was going to look like this, minus cantrips and the Draconic bloodline stuff like Mage armor, fly, etc.

1-5 Identify, Charm Person, Comprehend Languages, Longshot, Disguise self
2-4 Rope Trick, Bull's Strength, Protection from Arrows, Detect Thoughts
3-3 Dispel Magic, Protection from Energy, Haste or Fireball
4-2 *Dragon's breath*, Globe of Invulnerability (lesser) or Scrying
5-1 Polymorph

Looks good.

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-05, 02:53 PM
Rolling for HP:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Below average on both counts. Joy.

Total: 8 (max at 1st level) + 2 + 43 + 20 (Con mod) + 10 (Toughness) = 83

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 02:54 PM
Darklink_Shadow|Dips (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=747309)|Goblin|ALL OF THEM|Team Mascot|NE
Tonberryking|Daes Moroh (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752868)|Kitsune|Sorcerer/Warlock|Demolitions Sniper|CN
Harbinger|Skips Blaktak (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752788)|Wereskunk|Shadowdanc er/Soulknife|Sneaky Fighter|CN
Failed Phantasm|Unnamed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752698)|Bugbear|Cleric/Ranger|Buffer|TN[/table]

Did I miss any, or mess up on party roles?

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-05, 02:55 PM
Mine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16724799&postcount=26), all the way back on page 1. :smallwink:

tonberryking
2014-01-05, 02:56 PM
Gives you 'Far Shot' including for spells and spell like abilities. (basically 50% more range than normal). Though they are 8000gp.

Eh. I'm actually going in light on magical items, and I have 15k gold left to spare, and a bunny with Goggles is just plain awesome.... Wait. The goggles won't work on her innate Breath attack as it's a supernatural ability, but does this mean she could use the goggles for her Dragon's Breath spell and fire off a 90 line of lightning? The spell version already gets +10 points of electricity damage because of her dragon-ness but since it's a spell will it reap the benefit of an extended range?

EDIT: I would also say Daes is a Demolitions/Sniper build, but let's not get picky.

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 03:01 PM
Eh. I'm actually going in light on magical items, and I have 15k gold left to spare, and a bunny with Goggles is just plain awesome.... Wait. The goggles won't work on her innate Breath attack as it's a supernatural ability, but does this mean she could use the goggles for her Dragon's Breath spell and fire off a 90 line of lightning? The spell version already gets +10 points of electricity damage because of her dragon-ness but since it's a spell will it reap the benefit of an extended range?

EDIT: I would also say Daes is a Demolitions/Sniper build, but let's not get picky.

Ah no. It only increases the range of spells/SLAs that require a ranged attack roll.

commander panda
2014-01-05, 03:09 PM
I'm sorry. I love the Dualist class as well, but I feel like it's too potentially unbalanced in gestalt for me to allow it.

[:furious:insert temper tantrum here:furious:]
i had a feeling you'd say that, i'll save the character concept for another game :smalltongue:. perhaps a crazy goblin binder who lives in the woods would work. or an artificer. or both.

EDIT: actually, i think i'll go either binder/rogue or sorcerer/rogue. would it be possible to have only one of my classes multiclass? if so, i think i'll go binder10/rogue#/sorcerer# never mind. i'll just focus on stealth vestiges.

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 03:22 PM
Yes, that's fine.

commander panda
2014-01-05, 03:48 PM
excellent. is there a deadline for character creation?

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-05, 03:56 PM
Per the original post:

Characters will be due Saturday the 18th. I will select characters and put up threads the following Sunday.

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 04:26 PM
Seems awkward, switching saddles in the middle of combat. But as long as your character does put some ranks in Knowledge (engineering) and maybe Craft, I don't see any mechanical reason to not let you do it.

Why not?

That would seem to indicate, to me, that the shot explodes.

Yay, I thought there was another bit that said it didn't do splash damage, on second look I couldn't find that.

Rendel Nep
2014-01-05, 04:40 PM
Stat rolls because i neglected to them earlier!
First
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Edit 2 18s and a 5. I think Wisdom will be my dump stat!

Back up set only in case the first fails me.
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 04:54 PM
Yay, I thought there was another bit that said it didn't do splash damage, on second look I couldn't find that.

Rocket launcher goblin is a go!

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 05:18 PM
Hmmmm, I don't suppose we could have SpellCRAFT count as a craft skill? :smallbiggrin:

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 05:32 PM
Rocket launcher goblin is a go!

I know, and it's one handed to for fast loading [I may also make a 6 shooter one, for the evils].

What cost for the turntable saddle? Also, ridding a wolf.

Edit: For the Alchemical Weapon Grenadier Archtype Class Feature, if enhanced ammunition was effected by a poison/alchemical creation, could Abundant Ammunition copy the amunition + alchemical creation?
And can I get 1 [or more] items of abundant amunition?

Extra Edits:
Would you mind if the item of abundant amunition was combined with my Endless Bandolier, and possibly made cheaper by only effecting bullets/bullets effected by alchemical weapon [I'm not expecting free bombs]?

The Mist effect of Mistmail Armor seems to cost 1000/iteration [2250-250 [MW Chain Shirt] -1000 [+1 Bonus]], any chance I could purchase this effect for other armors and/or by more itterations/ability to cause it to occur, possibly at will [normally around 5 itterations price]?

niw18
2014-01-05, 05:32 PM
is it to late to put my hat to try to get into this game

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 05:36 PM
You still have 12 days.

commander panda
2014-01-05, 05:40 PM
january 18th, right? got it.

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 05:42 PM
Awwwww, based on the capstone ability, using World Forger actually uses up enhancement pool points, so its not worth it.

EDIT: Actually since I still have Warlock abilities open. Could I take the creation subschool one that is minor creation and use that instead of the craftsman technique one to fuel World forger?

The ability itself is good but not broken, its basically fabrication and has the same restriction of one target material, so the best I could make are arms and armor or Art objects as alchemy or similar exploitable crafts use more than one basic material.

tonberryking
2014-01-05, 05:54 PM
Out of curiosity, does anybody know what a single dragon scale costs? I have two options of how to explain where Daes gets them for a spell of hers, but if one scale is cheaper than 1 gold, I needn't bother.

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 05:58 PM
Out of curiosity, does anybody know what a single dragon scale costs? I have two options of how to explain where Daes gets them for a spell of hers, but if one scale is cheaper than 1 gold, I needn't bother.

Ummm, does it say in the spell description that it costs more than 1gp? If it doesn't then it doesn't cost more than 1 gp- (Thats the system for Eschew Materials)

If you don't have eschew materials (though if you are using the Pathfinder sorcerer then you do) then any component not given an actual gp value can be found in a component pouch. Think of them as "Bag that has what I need as long as its near worthless".

EDIT: I drew the entirely wrong conclusion from your post.

Cosidering you can make a dragonscale cloak out of somewhere between 500-1000scales according to the picture, I'd say that including work hours, one scale is maybe 3gp and those are the best ones, so a crappy or small dragon scale is probably below 1gp.

avr
2014-01-05, 06:01 PM
Crunch mostly done, fluff mostly to come. A goblin whose family has already been exiled from their home once - under the city streets then. Should work pretty well as a frontliner in combat though he can sneak as well.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752670
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753357

For ToB concentration checks, what's being used? The obvious ways are to repurpose an existing PF skill (Perception or Autohypnosis from the psi rules maybe?), to reintroduce the Concentration skill, or to use PF's magic concentration rules (which would be something of a nerf in this case.)

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 06:02 PM
Ummm, does it say in the spell description that it costs more than 1gp? If it doesn't then it doesn't cost more than 1 gp- (Thats the system for Eschew Materials)

If you don't have eschew materials (though if you are using the Pathfinder sorcerer then you do) then any component not given an actual gp value can be found in a component pouch. Think of them as "Bag that has what I need as long as its near worthless".

Of course, conning the DM so you pull out a limitless supply of single dragonscales in order to produce dragonscale armor is rewarded just once, and then has the component pouch severely limited.

Not IRL event, just funny thought

tonberryking
2014-01-05, 06:11 PM
Well, there's no price listing for a single scale, and I'm not making armor, I'm just eschewing any materials needed to breath lightning.

If I need to have the material component for this, since Daes has a natural armor score from her bloodline, one could presume she has scales...under the fur... and molts occasionally, or I was going to do things the hard way and have Daes sit in a room somewhere with a few CMW potions, her polymorph spell, her claws and enough pain tolerance to pluck scales off her body for awhile.

...Look, being able to cast this spell is worth putting up with that.

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-05, 06:21 PM
I was actually going to say that. :smalltongue:

If your character is a half-dragon, I'm fairly sure you can procure those scales somehow. Races of the Dragon even mentions rather off-handedly that they can use their bodies as a source for material components, though I don't remember the exact wording or page number.

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 06:39 PM
Robe of Useful Items: [roll0]
[roll1]

Ok, so 2 Minor Scrolls [rolled next post], 2 Riding Dogs [Yay for handle animal], 3*100gp, 2 24ft wooden ladders [I may alter them], A window [does it make a hole in walls automatically or does it just fill, could be important], 1 500gp silver coffer, Mule with Saddlebags [possibly food, possibly hauling], 1 Potion of Cure Serious Wounds, 1 10ft by 10ft barred door [Again, does this cause holes or just fill in?].

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 06:39 PM
I know, and it's one handed to for fast loading [I may also make a 6 shooter one, for the evils].

What cost for the turntable saddle? Also, ridding a wolf.

2k.

Edit: For the Alchemical Weapon Grenadier Archtype Class Feature, if enhanced ammunition was effected by a poison/alchemical creation, could Abundant Ammunition copy the amunition + alchemical creation?
And can I get 1 [or more] items of abundant amunition?

No and yes.

Extra Edits:
Would you mind if the item of abundant amunition was combined with my Endless Bandolier, and possibly made cheaper by only effecting bullets/bullets effected by alchemical weapon [I'm not expecting free bombs]?

You can combine it with the bandolier, but you can't make it cheaper by doing that.

The Mist effect of Mistmail Armor seems to cost 1000/iteration [2250-250 [MW Chain Shirt] -1000 [+1 Bonus]], any chance I could purchase this effect for other armors and/or by more itterations/ability to cause it to occur, possibly at will [normally around 5 itterations price]?

You may buy the mist effect for other armors, but you may not purchase extra uses of its abilities.

is it to late to put my hat to try to get into this game

Nope.

Awwwww, based on the capstone ability, using World Forger actually uses up enhancement pool points, so its not worth it.

EDIT: Actually since I still have Warlock abilities open. Could I take the creation subschool one that is minor creation and use that instead of the craftsman technique one to fuel World forger?

The ability itself is good but not broken, its basically fabrication and has the same restriction of one target material, so the best I could make are arms and armor or Art objects as alchemy or similar exploitable crafts use more than one basic material.

That's fine.

You can use Eschew Materials for the component, unless you would prefer not to, in which case it would be a negligible cost.

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 06:42 PM
Wohoo.
My character is going to periodically collect random junk from the roadsite and make tiny statues and other assorted objects, like SPOONS.

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 06:46 PM
Scroll level [roll0], and spell since it's probably a d100 [roll1]

Edit: I spotted a random scroll generator on site and I can't find anything more than spell level generation, Plerumque are you fine with me using that to generate a scroll or would you rather generate a scroll for me.

Extra Edit:
Could I combine a bomblauncher with my bombshooting guns [further increases range increment to 70, 10gp normally on it's own].

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-05, 06:55 PM
Blarg, I feel like changing character concepts now. >_<

I know that the PF version of the Half-Dragon is CR +2, but if I were to use the Half Ogre from Races of Destiny (pg. 96-98), would I do a straight translation of the LA +2 to CR +2?

EDIT: Alternatively, could I use this Gnoll (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races#TOC-Gnoll-6-RP-)? I've been on a bit of a Gnoll kick lately, but I'm not really keen on taking the mental score penalties that the standard variety has (I think its adjustments are Str +4, Con +2, Int -2, Cha -2?).

In any case, even if I keep my bugbear, my character is going to be a Cleric of some kind.

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 07:16 PM
Edit: I spotted a random scroll generator on site and I can't find anything more than spell level generation, Plerumque are you fine with me using that to generate a scroll or would you rather generate a scroll for me.

That's fine.

Extra Edit:
Could I combine a bomblauncher with my bombshooting guns [further increases range increment to 70, 10gp normally on it's own].

I'm sorry, no.

Blarg, I feel like changing character concepts now. >_<

I know that the PF version of the Half-Dragon is CR +2, but if I were to use the Half Ogre from Races of Destiny (pg. 96-98), would I do a straight translation of the LA +2 to CR +2?

CR +1. Except for the Large size, it's strictly worse than the half-dragon.

EDIT: Alternatively, could I use this Gnoll (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races#TOC-Gnoll-6-RP-)? I've been on a bit of a Gnoll kick lately, but I'm not really keen on taking the mental score penalties that the standard variety has (I think its adjustments are Str +4, Con +2, Int -2, Cha -2?).

Approved.

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 07:22 PM
Ok, scored a scroll of descecrate, magic circle against good and cause fear. If only I was a necromancer/evil binder.

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 07:49 PM
Questions in doublepost to separate them:
Can I get a weight for a non-portable alchemists lab? I plan on storing it in a Devils Crux in order to make it portable. [Anything under 200 pounds is fine, if the next answer is yes I'm fine with the crux just holding random GP stuff and the lab in the Crux, as well as perhaps a portable artificers lab [maybe it's a modified one made for a older goblin chemist/shaman]]

Can I assign GP to random stuff for making weapons/alchemical gear as downtime occurs [or in the 6 hours I don't sleep thanks to a ring of sustenance]?

Any chance I could get a modified version of the robe of components for creating alchemical substances? Or perhaps have the above requested alchemy lab be enchanted for similar purpose?
I'm fine with alchemical items created with said materials being non permanent, perhaps a 24 hour duration before they become useless. [Master Alchemist and with the Alchemists lab and a average roll of 40 means I should get a fair bit of use out of it]

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 08:00 PM
Sliver the Master Craftsrat (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753628) in his current WIP state.

@ Erik Vale
If need be and Sliver is there, you could store your alchemy lab in his permanent secret chest, or just use his.

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 08:11 PM
Tonberryking|Daes Moroh (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752868)|Kitsune|Sorcerer/Warlock|Sniper|CN
Failed Phantasm|Unnamed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752698)|Bugbear|Cleric/Ranger|Buffer|TN
Avr|Zord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752670)|Goblin|Ranger/Swordsage|Frontliner|LN
Re'ozul|Sliver (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753628)|Ratfolk|Warlock/Artisan|Crafter|???[/table]

Should I take the Bugbear out, Failed Phantasm?

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-05, 08:14 PM
Yes. Now my character's a Half-White Dragon Gnoll Cleric of Desna 10//CR 2/Warblade 8.

Was toying with the idea of Barbarian, but I kinda don't want to be denied the ability to cast spells while raging (also: Iron Heart Surge!). I'll try to finish him quickly so that I won't have the idle time to change my mind again. >_>;

EDIT: Oh, and his alignment's Chaotic Neutral.

darklink_shadow
2014-01-05, 08:15 PM
I am going to try to get some more work done on Dips. I am making a new sheet though. I will give you the link once I finish. It's taking me a little longer, but I should be done by tomorrow night I think.

I have a lot of other work to get done around the apartment, now that I am back home.

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 08:15 PM
@Re'ozul
The lab also lacks a set size, so you would need to get that set for storing it.
You lack a inventory, so at the moment you don't have one [I presume that's being rectified].
Also, for weapons, if Arcane Bolt is unlimited use, might I suggest a channelling weapon. For one use of any magical ability [say your unlimited use arcane bolt if it is so, or EB for a normal warlock] you can add that ability to your weapon damage, and it's only a +1 ability.
I'm not sure how channelling works with irratives, but if it works fully, that's a huge cheap damage boost, potentially at better range then the base ability. And is still good if you can only channel it once due to said potential range increase and slight damage boosts from the weapon.

@ Everyone
Character Link. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752730)Have to attach fluff, finish twiddling with inventory, and do formulae.

Can I get a weight for a non-portable alchemists lab? I plan on storing it in a Devils Crux in order to make it portable. [Anything under 200 pounds is fine, if the next answer is yes I'm fine with the crux just holding random GP stuff and the lab in the Crux, as well as perhaps a portable artificers lab [maybe it's a modified one made for a older goblin chemist/shaman]]

Can I assign GP to random stuff for making weapons/alchemical gear as downtime occurs [or in the 6 hours I don't sleep thanks to a ring of sustenance]?

Any chance I could get a modified version of the robe of components for creating alchemical substances? Or perhaps have the above requested alchemy lab be enchanted for similar purpose?
I'm fine with alchemical items created with said materials being non permanent, perhaps a 24 hour duration before they become useless. [Master Alchemist and with the Alchemists lab and a average roll of 40 means I should get a fair bit of use out of it]

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 08:21 PM

According to the PFSRD, an alchemist's lab is 200 gp and 40 lbs. Would you be crafting the weapons or just enchanting them?

Okay. The lab can create up to 50 gp worth of alchemical components per day, as the robe, but the created alchemical item only lasts until you next use the lab. Add 5000 to the price of the lab.

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 08:25 PM
Re'ozul|Sliver (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753628)|Ratfolk|Warlock/Artisan|Crafter|???
Erik Vale|Unnamed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752730)|Goblin|Samurai/Alchemist|Rocket-Launcher Goblin|???
Failed Phantasm|Unnamed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752698)|Half-Dragon Gnoll|Cleric/Warblade|Buffer|CN[/table]

Re'ozul
2014-01-05, 08:30 PM
The lab also lacks a set size, so you would need to get that set for storing it.
My secret chest can fit 10 cubic feet without any weight restriction.

You lack a inventory, so at the moment you don't have one.
Yes, due to my massive pregame crafting I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Also, for weapons, if Arcane Bolt is unlimited use, might I suggest a channelling weapon. For one use of any magical ability [say your unlimited use arcane bolt if it is so, or EB for a normal warlock] you can add that ability to your weapon damage, and it's only a +1 ability.
I'm not sure how channelling works with irratives, but if it works fully, that's a huge cheap damage boost, potentially at better range then the base ability. And is still good if you can only channel it once due to said potential range increase and slight damage boosts from the weapon.

No idea on where channeling weapon is from. I also don't expect to be in melee much or at all. I have some minor summons to shield me from that and a swift action teleport to get out of it. I'd much rather fight ranged and with wands, lots of wands.

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 08:32 PM
According to the PFSRD, an alchemist's lab is 200 gp and 40 lbs. Would you be crafting the weapons or just enchanting them?

Thanks.

And just crafting, I can't create magic items by RAW.
Of course, I can craft items to be enchanted by our resident enchanter, but that is a tiny portion of the cost.

Okay. The lab can create up to 50 gp worth of alchemical components per day, as the robe, but the created alchemical item only lasts until you next use the lab. Add 5000 to the price of the lab.
*Dance*
I may buy a couple.

My secret chest can fit 10 cubic feet without any weight restriction.
Yes, but how big is a alchemists lab?

Yes, due to my massive pregame crafting I haven't gotten around to that yet.
Thought as much.

No idea on where channeling weapon is from. I also don't expect to be in melee much or at all. I have some minor summons to shield me from that and a swift action teleport to get out of it. I'd much rather fight ranged and with wands, lots of wands.
From the SRD, you can enchant ranged weapons with it.

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-05, 08:33 PM
I recycled the same sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752698), so you can add that to the table. As for role, he's still going to be buffing and tossing out heals as needed, but he's also a more competent frontline character now.

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 08:37 PM
And just crafting, I can't create magic items by RAW.
Of course, I can craft items to be enchanted by our resident enchanter, but that is a tiny portion of the cost.

Then you'd need a forge and some various other equipment, which would be more than 200 pounds.

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 08:42 PM
Then you'd need a forge and some various other equipment, which would be more than 200 pounds.

When making non-alchemicial weapons and equipment, yes, with the exclusion of firearms [I think]. I plan on only doing alchemical stuff most of the time though. Of course, I could get a portable hole later.

Also, yes or no to setting aside gp for item creating mid-game aside from the enchanted labs.

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 08:52 PM
You may purchase up to 5000 gp in reagents.

niw18
2014-01-05, 08:59 PM
will my first idea is a Barghest sent from Basalfeyst by goblin hero gods to aid the goblins but got there to late and is now forbidden to return until he gets revenge for their deaths and kills those that almost wiping out goblin race.

the build

1. barghest cr 1. antipaladin
2. barghest cr 2. antipaladin
3. barghest cr 3. antipaladin
4. barghest cr 4. antipaladin
5. barghest cr 5. antipaladin
6. barghest cr 6. antipaladin
7. barghest cr 7. antipaladin
8. barghest cr 8. antipaladin
9. barghest cr 9. antipaladin
10. barghest cr 10. antipaladin

idea number two in works

my second idea is spectral troll moss troll

1. troll/template cr 1. Gravewalker witch
2. troll/template cr 2. Gravewalker witch
3. troll/template cr 3. Gravewalker witch
4. troll/template cr 4. Gravewalker witch
5. troll/template cr 5. Gravewalker witch
6. troll/template cr 6. Gravewalker witch
7. troll/template cr 7. Gravewalker witch
8. troll/template cr 8. Gravewalker witch
9. troll/template cr 9. Gravewalker witch
10. troll/template cr 10. Gravewalker witch

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-05, 09:05 PM
New character, new hit die. Would prefer to take average, but that's not an option, so rolling for HP:

[roll0]
[roll1]

F*&#ING DICE ROLLER! I CAN'T EVEN ROLL BETTER THAN AVERAGE?! :smallmad:

Total: 8 (max at 1st level) + 3 + 48 + 50 (Con mod HD) + 10 (Toughness feat) = 119

And now a (mostly-)fluff-related question: would it be all right for my character to know Draconic as an automatic language, in addition to Gnoll? From an in-character perspective, he would have been raised, at least partly, by his dragon parent and dragons tend to be, you know, literate, whereas Gnolls tend to be portrayed as barely caring about their letters.

From a mechanical point of view, Aasimar know Celestial automatically, sometimes apropos of nothing, and they have a lower LA or CR than a Half-Dragon. Also, I have to use one of his bonus languages to learn Common, so it would help to free up one of those slots for Goblin. >_>;

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 09:12 PM
Q: Using Infusions is the same action as drinking a potion, any chance the Alchemical Allocation infusion allows other infusions to be reused?
What if the infusion was contained in a Preserving Flask?

I understand if the answer is along the lines of "No, buy Boro Beads", or "Yes, but only of infusion of level lower than/equal to the spellslot used to contain Alchemical Allocation."

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 09:22 PM
will my first idea is a Barghest sent from Basalfeyst by goblin hero gods to aid the goblins but got there to late and is now forbidden to return until he gets revenge for their deaths and kills those that almost wiping out goblin race.

the build

1. barghest cr 1. antipaladin
2. barghest cr 2. antipaladin
3. barghest cr 3. antipaladin
4. barghest cr 4. antipaladin
5. barghest cr 5. antipaladin
6. barghest cr 6. antipaladin
7. barghest cr 7. antipaladin
8. barghest cr 8. antipaladin
9. barghest cr 9. antipaladin
10. barghest cr 10. antipaladin

idea number two in works

You would have to start as a Greater Barghest, as the Growth Point ability is unsuitable for a PC. Greater Barghests have CR 7 and 9 hit dice, so it would occupy 9 of your levels. Also note that you will not be even attempting to challenge whatever ate the goblins during most of the game, if ever. That's not the objective.

And now a (mostly-)fluff-related question: would it be all right for my character to know Draconic as an automatic language, in addition to Gnoll? From an in-character perspective, he would have been raised, at least partly, by his dragon parent and dragons tend to be, you know, literate, whereas Gnolls tend to be portrayed as barely caring about their letters.

From a mechanical point of view, Aasimar know Celestial automatically, sometimes apropos of nothing, and they have a lower LA or CR than a Half-Dragon. Also, I have to use one of his bonus languages to learn Common, so it would help to free up one of those slots for Goblin. >_>;

No problem.

Q: Using Infusions is the same action as drinking a potion, any chance the Alchemical Allocation infusion allows other infusions to be reused?
What if the infusion was contained in a Preserving Flask?

I understand if the answer is along the lines of "No, buy Boro Beads", or "Yes, but only of infusion of level lower than/equal to the spellslot used to contain Alchemical Allocation."

Alright, but only extracts of a maximum level of one lower than the slot you mix Alchemical Allocation in.

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 09:27 PM
Alright, but only extracts of a maximum level of one lower than the slot you mix Alchemical Allocation in.

Thanks, that saves on Boro Beads. I presume I can start the game with any Preserving Flask's prefilled?

Rendel Nep
2014-01-05, 09:41 PM
So what ranger would a Order of the Dragon Cavalier |Egoist would be? Forever-rides-with-a-proverbial-stick-where-the sun-doesn't-shine-and-well-as-his-lance (Rides -with sticks) has about two free teamwork feats available that he can also grant to others. While his alignment currently neutral good, it more tied to his loyalty to his fellow goblins.

darklink_shadow
2014-01-05, 09:52 PM
Plerumque, here is my class list.

Going to be Neutral Evil again.

{table=head]Level|Class 1|Class 2|BAB|FRT|RFX|WLL|SP|HP
1|Barbarian|Rogue|1.00|0.5|0.5|0.3|8|12
2|Fighter|Bard (Arcane Duelist)|1.00|0.5|0.5|0.5|6|10
3|Ranger|Monk (Martial Artist)|1.00|0.5|0.5|0.3|6|10
4|Cavalier|Ninja|1.00|0.5|0.5|0.3|8|10
5|Cleric (Cloistered)|Druid|0.75|0.5|0.5|0.5|6|8
6|Inquisator (Heretic)|Assassin|0.75|0.5|0.5|0.5|6|8
7|Shadow Dancer|Warlock|0.75|0.3|0.5|0.5|6|8
8|Cavestalker|Sorcerer|1.00|0.5|0.5|0.5|4|8
9|Abjurant Champion|Deep Sea Pirate|1|0.3|0.5|0.5|6|10
10|Abolisher|Dragon Disciple|0.75|0.5|0.3|0.5|4|8
[/table]

Going to wield one, one handed weapon and deal a bunch of sneak attack dice again.

4 Sneak Attack Dice, 7th level animal companion (Mount, whom I will not be riding) a total of 3 domains (Knowledge being one) and an Inquisition, and I'll count as a level 2 Sorcerer when I prepare my spells! Woo.

I'll probably worship the same god as the old Dips, as preparation to enter the souleater class again. I'm doing my best to prepare myself for classes I will take in the future, so as not to get myself stuck.

The opening of 3.5 classes makes it so much easier though. I can take things like Tome of Battle or Magic of Incarnum classes if I ever get stuck! Woo, woo!

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 09:54 PM
Can I get a DC for crafting Phosphorant Gel? [I'm thinking of using it for delayed bombs when combined with gunpowder kegs]

And would it be possible to make master burning versions of phosphorant gel?

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 09:54 PM
Thanks, that saves on Boro Beads. I presume I can start the game with any Preserving Flask's prefilled?
No, sorry. I won't be starting you particularly close to combat, though, so you'd probably have time to fill them at some point.

EDIT:
Can I get a DC for crafting Phosphorant Gel? [I'm thinking of using it for delayed bombs when combined with gunpowder kegs]

And would it be possible to make master burning versions of phosphorant gel?
DC 25, and I don'tknow what you mean.

Looks good, Darklink_Shadow.

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 10:10 PM
No, sorry. I won't be starting you particularly close to combat, though, so you'd probably have time to fill them at some point.

EDIT:
DC 25, and I don'tknow what you mean.

Looks good, Darklink_Shadow.

At the end of it's hour durration, it burns up for 3d6 damage and can light fires. I'm thinking of setting up kegs of blackpowder mixed with phosphorant gel as delayed bombs.

Also, speaking of those, I can make a keg at the speed of 1/day, but that is a set rate and can't be improved by anything [or slowed down by anything]. Is there any chance Master Alchemist can speed it's creation by 10 like other alchemical creations, even though it isn't specifically crafted by alchemy, given that gunsmithing [which govens it's creation] requires craft alchemy?

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 10:20 PM
Wht does Master Burning do, though?

Sorry, no.

nersxe
2014-01-05, 10:22 PM
Chiming in here to say I'm working on Shouts (confirmed marshal|dragon shaman), and that I haven't lost interest in the slightest.

I only have one question right now, and that's one answerable by anyone: did any source after PHBII give the dragon shaman's aura bonuses a type? Right now it's looking like they're untyped, and thus stack with everything except themselves (which is freakin' sweet, but I don't want to bank on that and then have them actually be circumstance bonuses. That would be awful, since marshal aura is circumstance.).

darklink_shadow
2014-01-05, 10:41 PM
I looked pretty hard and it looks like it's typeless still. But who knows?

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 10:47 PM
Wht does Master Burning do, though?

Sorry, no.

Master Burning?
I'm assuming the second bit means you've looked, and is no to both to faster gunpowder making and faster

Oh, I get it now.
By the phosphorant gel 'burning' faster I mean can I make phosphorant gel that sheds light for a shorter duration before doing the damage and lighting fires, causing the blackpowder to go all boom.

I'm assuming the no is to faster blackpowder creation rather than the shorter duration phospharant gel [which I realise is how I should have phrased it before].

Also, inventory and spellsheets are done [inventory needs tidying], currently fiddling in notes section as to standard items I have crafted using my enchanted workbenches [3, plus a portable enchanters workbench, going to play up that it's my predecessors who was also the tribe shaman, however I also have a gunsmith kit in there as my only 'own' addition. I plan on sharing as necessary]. I'll begin attaching fluff shortly.

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 11:18 PM
HP=10+20+[roll0]

Hmm, 5 behind the curve isn't much. However given that I basically ignore hits doing 29 damage or less [roll with it is awesome] I really have much much more HP.

Also, low low will saves, I'll want to keep an eye on those.

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-05, 11:32 PM
If chosen, will we be allowed to tweak our feats, skills, etc., after the characters are selected but before the game begins?

Without knowing who's getting in to the game, I think I'm going to pick up Craft Wondrous Item since that saves me the most money and because it's one of crafting feats that Re'ozul's character doesn't have at the moment. If I make it in, and he doesn't, then I'd be squared away, though I may end up taking Craft Magic Arms & Armor at some point in the future. If he makes it and I don't (or if neither of us do), then I really don't have much reason to care whether or not I can afford another +4 stat boosting item, do I? :smalltongue:

EDIT: Another question unrelated to the above, but do you mind if I (or any other Warblade player) delays taking the stance at level 4 by one level? As-written, I'd be forced to choose another 1st level stance because I can't qualify for the 3rd level ones until IL 5.

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-05, 11:34 PM
Plerumque, may I request the Renaissance Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16708235#post16708235)? My concept is a goblin who wanted to be "better" than his uncivilized brethren and left the tribe to travel and "better" himself; however, he has habits that never fail to betray his upbringing and roots. Having heard of the desolation of Mosswood, he's come back to help however he can. I'd pair it up with Barbarian to represent his bad habits: a temper and predilection for smashing things, among other things.

I'm not sure how well he'd mash up with the team theme, though...

niw18
2014-01-05, 11:40 PM
stat roll

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

ouch thinking on taking 24 or rerolling a few of those

avr
2014-01-05, 11:41 PM
Rolling HP for the eagle animal companion: [roll0]

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-05, 11:42 PM
The sum of that set's modifiers is -1, so you get an automatic reroll.

niw18
2014-01-05, 11:48 PM
stat reroll

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

please dice gods be kind

niw18
2014-01-05, 11:59 PM
hit dice roll

[roll0]

the math con mod is 7 and 9 level which makes 63 and max hp at first is 10 +con mod which is 7 so 63 plus 17 plus what I roll plus what's left of 9 hd

tonberryking
2014-01-06, 12:02 AM
Plerumque, may I request the Renaissance Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16708235#post16708235)? My concept is a goblin who wanted to be "better" than his uncivilized brethren and left the tribe to travel and "better" himself; however, he has habits that never fail to betray his upbringing and roots. Having heard of the desolation of Mosswood, he's come back to help however he can. I'd pair it up with Barbarian to represent his bad habits: a temper and predilection for smashing things, among other things.

Well, if Daes is in any possible consideration, I could see her be a buddy of your character and ironically it was something she was up to that had our character decide a vacation in Goblinland would be a wise move until the heat's off before discovering something's wrong on the homefront...

nersxe
2014-01-06, 12:11 AM
Rolling for hp, then Shouts is done.

[roll0]

EDIT:Shouts (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753904), dragonblooded marshal|dragon shaman.

Shouts is probably the simplest gestalt character I've ever created or witnessed.

niw18
2014-01-06, 12:41 AM
as a greater barghest can I benefit from bearskin or armor of wild

niw18
2014-01-06, 01:20 AM
here is kord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=736563) the man that wishes unite all goblin kind into a empire. it is far from complete yet

Erik Vale
2014-01-06, 06:24 AM
Quick thought/questions as to alchemical weapons (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/alchemical-weapons) and other thrown things.

Do the various grenade thrown weapons that get destroyed by use count as ammunition in a similar fashion as shurikens for abbundant ammunition? I don't think so but would be cool/useful.

Can you make masterwork/enchanted alchemical weapons? For the most part I think it'd be rather pointless due to cost increase but it's a interesting thought.
If you can do both of the above, would endless ammunition enchantment [not abundant amunition spell]/blinkback belt work to replace them?

Basically at the moment I'm thinking about the various lesser grenades I have access to and various ways to fiddle with them, including long range faster methods of dettonating black powder for large explosions of wall removal/distraction, and bullet enhancement... Of course, pellet grenades are looking better on the wall removal front in the form of adamantium or fuse grenades for less overall cost whilst distracting, while tangleburn and skyrocket fireworks may replace alchemist acid bullets for damage and status effect reasons.

Re'ozul
2014-01-06, 06:28 AM
Okay, I switched out craft construct and shifted things around so Sliver could get Double Wand Wielder.

Plerumque
2014-01-06, 09:04 AM
Chiming in here to say I'm working on Shouts (confirmed marshal|dragon shaman), and that I haven't lost interest in the slightest.

I only have one question right now, and that's one answerable by anyone: did any source after PHBII give the dragon shaman's aura bonuses a type? Right now it's looking like they're untyped, and thus stack with everything except themselves (which is freakin' sweet, but I don't want to bank on that and then have them actually be circumstance bonuses. That would be awful, since marshal aura is circumstance.).

Typeless. If there's errata somewhere I haven't seen it and I don't want to nerf it any farther anyway.

By the phosphorant gel 'burning' faster I mean can I make phosphorant gel that sheds light for a shorter duration before doing the damage and lighting fires, causing the blackpowder to go all boom.

Oh. It was a typo, then, and you meant to say Faster burning instead of Master burning? Sure. You can increase the cost to create for 10 gp per 10 minutes decreased, to a minimum of a 10 minute duration.

I'm assuming the no is to faster blackpowder creation rather than the shorter duration phospharant gel [which I realise is how I should have phrased it before].

That is correct.

If chosen, will we be allowed to tweak our feats, skills, etc., after the characters are selected but before the game begins?

Yes, you will have one week in which you may make any changes less major than switching class levels around.

Another question unrelated to the above, but do you mind if I (or any other Warblade player) delays taking the stance at level 4 by one level? As-written, I'd be forced to choose another 1st level stance because I can't qualify for the 3rd level ones until IL 5.

Go for it.

Approved.

as a greater barghest can I benefit from bearskin or armor of wild

Barkskin stacks with existing natural armor, so yes. Wild armor requires wild shape, which is not what you have, so no.

Quick thought/questions as to alchemical weapons (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/alchemical-weapons) and other thrown things.

Do the various grenade thrown weapons that get destroyed by use count as ammunition in a similar fashion as shurikens for abbundant ammunition? I don't think so but would be cool/useful.

No, sorry.

Can you make masterwork/enchanted alchemical weapons? For the most part I think it'd be rather pointless due to cost increase but it's a interesting thought.
If you can do both of the above, would endless ammunition enchantment [not abundant amunition spell]/blinkback belt work to replace them?

Yes, you could make masterwork or enchanted alchemical weapons (though you'd need the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat to do so), but no, you could not replicate enchantments through those means.

niw18
2014-01-06, 11:01 AM
ok just seeing if get armor bonus in his other form and would equipment meld in or be dropped I ask cause it don't mention it.

Plerumque
2014-01-06, 11:02 AM
Equipment would meld into the new form, but you wouldn't get bonuses from it.

Re'ozul
2014-01-06, 11:07 AM
Okay, so far I have the following wands:

CLW x4
Magic Missile x4
Hide from Undead
Shield of Faith
Alarm
Shield
Mage Armor
Keep Watch
Burning Hands x2
Ear Piercing Scream x2
Color Spray x2
Ray of Enfeeblement x2
Crafter's Fortune

Looking for suggestions on other spells.

Plerumque
2014-01-06, 11:29 AM
Unluck is pretty good, for a third level spell. The target rolls twice on all rolls and takes the lower result, from the Spell Compendium. Snowball (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/snowball) is pretty good against foes with spell resistance or immunity.

niw18
2014-01-06, 11:30 AM
pler do I take feats part of greater barghest or just get feats as advance in my class

Plerumque
2014-01-06, 11:35 AM
They aren't bonus feats, so no, you would have to spend feat slots on them.

Re'ozul
2014-01-06, 11:37 AM
Unluck is pretty good, for a third level spell. The target rolls twice on all rolls and takes the lower result, from the Spell Compendium. Snowball (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/snowball) is pretty good against foes with spell resistance or immunity.

Oh I know, I have a ton of 3.5 spells I could take. I am czrrently just keeping to pathfinder ones and level 1 because even with my advantages costs spiral out of control fast.

A 3rd level want after all even costs me just about 4k to produce.

Re'ozul
2014-01-06, 11:49 AM
Actually, I just noticed that Pathfinder runs on:

Activating a spell trigger item is a standard action and does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

And not the "same as spell" errate from the 3.5 Rules Compendium. What does this mean for spells with less (i.e. swift) or more (i.e. 1 round) required casting time?

Plerumque
2014-01-06, 11:50 AM
I would recommend Snowball, then.

Erik Vale
2014-01-06, 04:21 PM
How about infernal healing, if your willing to wait out of combat that's 11 garunteed points. But you may have healing covered with CLW.

Re'ozul
2014-01-06, 04:31 PM
Yeah I am currently debating on such 3.5 things as:

Level 1:
Hail of Stone (1 round casting, hence my question here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16735872&postcount=157))
Ray of Clumsiness (shoe in, basically)

Level 2:
Electric Loop (probably not worth the cost, even at CL10)
Kelpstrand (always useful)
Kelgore's Grave Mist (fatigue is always useful)

Plerumque
2014-01-06, 06:01 PM
Actually, I just noticed that Pathfinder runs on:

And not the "same as spell" errate from the 3.5 Rules Compendium. What does this mean for spells with less (i.e. swift) or more (i.e. 1 round) required casting time?

It means that you have to use Metamagic Wandgrips, the Metamagic Spell Trigger feat, or a class ability + Quicken Spell in order to get swift-action activation wands, but that it's more useful to get spell trigger items of spells such as Legend Lore or Break Enchantment or any Summon Monster spell.

avr
2014-01-06, 06:51 PM

Low level wands are usually stuff you wouldn't use in combat time, right? So not burning hands, but maybe silent image or detect whatever or comprehend languages or air bubble.

Re'ozul
2014-01-06, 07:02 PM
Low level wands are usually stuff you wouldn't use in combat time, right? So not burning hands, but maybe silent image or detect whatever or comprehend languages or air bubble.

I WILL use them in combat due to my Artisan abilities:

1) I get to use my own INT modifier for DCs
2) I get to use my Artisan level for Caster level.
3) If the spell is damaging/healing I get to add half my level (aka 5) to one instance of that healing.

So with Dual Wand Wielder I could take 2 wands of usually CL1 Magic Missile and as a fullround action throw 10 missiles of which two get an extra 5 damage for a total of 10d4+20 damage (average 45). And since I can craft the myself at a discount, each such volley would only cost me 15.75gp.

Hence why I'll probably make 2 wands of Scorching ray once we reach Level 11.

avr
2014-01-06, 07:29 PM
Sounds good. Now imagine the same ability with this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/burning-arc) spell. Or this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/heatstroke) one. First level spells are cheap not the best.

Re'ozul
2014-01-06, 07:34 PM
First level spells are cheap not the best.

This is pretty much the reason why I am focussing on the right now.

Both spells you linked are useful, but 3rd level wands are beyond what I am willing to pay for at the moment.

Plerumque
2014-01-06, 09:01 PM
Erik Vale|Unnamed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752730)|Goblin|Samurai/Alchemist|Rocket-Launcher Goblin|???
Failed Phantasm|Unnamed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752698)|Half-Dragon Gnoll|Cleric/Warblade|Buffer|CN
Nersxe|Shouts (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753904)|Goblin|Marshal/Dragon Shaman|Buffer|LE[/table]

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-06, 09:16 PM
Plerumque, would you allow the use of Keen Intellect (http://dndtools.eu/feats/unapproachable-east--33/keen-intellect--3183/), sans the region-specific prerequisites?

Plerumque
2014-01-06, 09:32 PM
That's fine.

Tyrann
2014-01-06, 10:06 PM

CLW x4
Magic Missile x4
Hide from Undead
Shield of Faith
Alarm
Shield
Mage Armor
Keep Watch
Burning Hands x2
Ear Piercing Scream x2
Color Spray x2
Ray of Enfeeblement x2
Crafter's Fortune

Alarm
Augment familiar depending on dips? (hexblade early entry)
Benign transposition
Buzzing bee
Ectoplasmic armor
Expeditious retreat (regular or swift)
Enlarge person
Golem strike, gravestrike and vine strike depending on dips?
Goodberry through arcane domain feat shenanigans (underrated spell imho)
Grease
Haste (trapsmith early entry)
Hoard gullet
Invisibility (telflammar shadowlord early entry)
Lesser orb of acid
Lesser vigor
Levitate (telflammar shadowlord early entry)
Nerveskitter
Protection from x
Reduce person
Resinous tar
Scholar's touch
Silence (court herald early entry)
Targeting ray
Tenser's floating disk
Unseen servant
Wings of swift flying (if you have magical flight)

My old list, hope it helps :)

At Plerumque: thanks for pointing me to the pathfinder Blue. I had looked at pf races but I couldn't find it since psionic races aren't listed on the regular srd page apparently.
Still a bit of a pathfinder noob. But on that note: I've been reading up a bit on pf over the last two days and I've fallen in love with the witch class. So I'm going to build a witch // Alchemist instead of my original idea if that's alright. Has the added benefit of being more in line with the game's intended powerlevel.
I know it probably still is a strong combo but I really like the flavor of a crazy goblin witch that uses psychonaut potions to get visions and the like.
Would focus mostly on debuffing with a secondary focus on party buffing and crowd control.

Would you allow the keen intellect feat from OA on a goblin? nvm :smallbiggrin:
That's the only non pf feat I was planning to take except for potential swarmfighting stuff.

Also: I wrote this from my phone so sorry if it turned out as a wall of text.

Plerumque
2014-01-06, 10:09 PM
I think that's because they're technically third party.

Sounds good.

Keen Intellect is already approved for Thokk_Smash, so go for it.

niw18
2014-01-06, 11:27 PM
Zord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=736563) is coming along

Erik Vale
2014-01-07, 12:13 AM
Lots of crafting gobos.

And who said goblins couldn't plan/build good stuff?

darklink_shadow
2014-01-07, 12:17 AM
Lots of crafting gobos.

And who said goblins couldn't plan/build good stuff?

The SRD? I donno!

Tyrann
2014-01-07, 05:39 AM
WIP sheets for my witch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753266) and her familiar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753894).

Crunch is mostly done. Just not sure how to make swarm fighting work except for picking up the feat and getting reach (which I have).

2 questions:
SRD says a war trained dire bat mount cost 450g + 30g for the saddle. I could understand if you don't want us to have flying mounts, especially on a character with the cackle hex, so just double checking to see if that's okay.

And are skill point retroactive with int increases?

Tyrann
2014-01-07, 05:42 AM
Oh and hp rolls:

[roll0]

Re'ozul
2014-01-07, 08:02 AM
Alarm - have it
Augment familiar depending on dips? Don't plan on using a familiar.
Benign transposition - Good idea
Buzzing bee - Interesting, mostly for annoyance potential
Ectoplasmic armor - Not worth it atm (+2 vs incorp, I have Mage Armor)
Expeditious retreat - Good Idea
Enlarge person - I can get it, but never see much use in it.
Golem strike, gravestrike and vine strike - not useful due to Standard activation.
Goodberry - Why not
Grease - I never see much use in it due to small area.
Haste - Probably too cheesy via Trapsmith for our DM
Hoard gullet - Ewww, no. My secret chest will likely be enough.
Invisibility - See Haste
Lesser orb of acid - Probably Good
Lesser vigor - since its not actually healing, I don't get my bonus so its only 20 points where my CLW does 14.5 on average. Still better , but not overly so)
Levitate - see haste
Nerveskitter - (standard activation makes it useless)
Protection from x - Maybe
Reduce person - On myself, tiny rat now. probably
Resinous tar - see Grease
Scholar's touch - forgot about this one
Silence - see haste
Targeting ray - useful, but maybe not worth it
Tenser's floating disk - (especially cool, if the "otherwise directed" line means you can sit on it and move your speed anyway like a hoverboard)
Unseen servant - very circumstantial
Wings of swift flying - Don't have flight spells

Nightraiderx
2014-01-07, 08:08 AM
Magic the Gathering tells me otherwise. BURN MAIM BURN AGAIN.
(I have no clue what to put on my other side yet might just be fighter...)

Alchemist/Fighter hmm.

Re'ozul
2014-01-07, 08:14 AM
Or you could go synthesist summoner and ask wether your Extracts could affect your Eidolon-Sin instead of you when you wear it. (Basically an Alchemist based Jekyll (no Eidolon) and Hyde (Eidolon Skin))

Aldurin
2014-01-07, 08:50 AM
Interested, I want to make use of skirmish idea I've been mulling over.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Requesting the Sagittarius (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117933) and the Swift Hunter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170358).

Nightraiderx
2014-01-07, 09:06 AM
Or you could go synthesist summoner and ask wether your Extracts could affect your Eidolon-Sin instead of you when you wear it. (Basically an Alchemist based Jekyll (no Eidolon) and Hyde (Eidolon Skin))

Problem is that he is already CE and is also a pyromaniac that throws bombs willy-nilly. I might just give him ninja levels so I can invisibly set up the bomb.

Edit: On second thought, I would do it if I am allowed the prestiege class Master Chymist on my Fighter side....

Plerumque
2014-01-07, 09:45 AM
2 questions:
SRD says a war trained dire bat mount cost 450g + 30g for the saddle. I could understand if you don't want us to have flying mounts, especially on a character with the cackle hex, so just double checking to see if that's okay.

Go for it.

And are skill point retroactive with int increases?

Yes by RAW.

Problem is that he is already CE and is also a pyromaniac that throws bombs willy-nilly. I might just give him ninja levels so I can invisibly set up the bomb.

Edit: On second thought, I would do it if I am allowed the prestiege class Master Chymist on my Fighter side....

Gestalt rules don't prevent you from taking a PrC on a different side than you qualify for it, apparently. If you maintain Alchemist on your first side, you'd get no extracts/day advance, though.

Requesting the Sagittarius (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117933) and the Swift Hunter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170358).

Sagittarius is approved, but I'm hesitant to allow something that's supposed to be superior to a standard ranger when we have one of them already. How about this: Since Avr is using the PF ranger, which is buffed slightly in comparison to 3.5, if you use regular Ranger spellcasting you may use it. Sound fair?

Haste - Probably too cheesy via Trapsmith for our DM

Yes, please don't use Trapsmith spells.

Zord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=736563) is coming along

You did not request the Advanced template and it is not allowed.

nersxe
2014-01-07, 09:50 AM
If this is how many good apps you've gotten already, I can't imagine how many more people will be champing at the bit in eleven days.

Plerumque
2014-01-07, 10:12 AM
I may close recruitment early if interest is waning, but for now that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Nightraiderx
2014-01-07, 10:24 AM
Decided warblade would be a better fit on the other side. Will probably offset the extra alchemist levels gained with warblade ones.

Plerumque
2014-01-07, 10:30 AM
That'd be tenth level extracts per day and ninth level initiating, correct?

Nightraiderx
2014-01-07, 11:29 AM
I believe so. Warblade 5/Master Chymist 5// Alchemist 7/Warblade 3

Yup IL 9 Just enough to grab a single 5th lvl manuever. and switch out for another. 5th.

niw18
2014-01-07, 12:39 PM
ok took out the advanced template

Tyrann
2014-01-07, 01:06 PM
@Re'ozul

But you're playing a rat :smallconfused:
This fits perfectly.

Protection from x - Maybe
Placeholder for mind blank. But good at what it does until you can afford that.

And I like your hoverboard idea ^^
Alternatively use obtain familiar (get one with good speed) and make a chariot with share spell.

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-07, 03:09 PM
Rolling for Specs' (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=754989) HP: [roll0]

And his eidolon mount (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=755542): [roll1]

Aaand, since the eidolon only has 7HD, I'll take out the last 3 rolls from his.

Re'ozul
2014-01-07, 03:15 PM
But you're playing a rat :smallconfused:
This fits perfectly.

Stop making sense damnit. Now I have to get it.

Erik Vale
2014-01-07, 03:39 PM
I eat all the things!
Digesting them is another matter.

avr
2014-01-07, 08:39 PM
I eat all the things!
Digesting them is another matter.
I've got that covered. Allfood (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/allfood). The spell's perfect for goblins.

Aldurin
2014-01-07, 08:42 PM
I'll take the spellcasting nerf on swift hunter.

niw18
2014-01-09, 12:56 AM
zord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=736563)is nearly complete just have equipment and remaining fluff to do

i am also requesting this third party prc lord of dead (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-prestige-classes/paizo-fans-united/lord-of-the-dead) through it wont be till level 16 that I take it

darklink_shadow
2014-01-09, 10:44 AM
Sorry, Plerum, I have everything finalized on Dips, I just haven't had the time to move him onto his new sheet yet. I will try to do that tonight, after classes. Or, more like midafternoon, after classes.

I really appreciate you making the game! Feeling a little swamped with my schedule and suddenly having a bunch of demands on my time that are at X am until Y pm everyday, and it's leaving me exhausted!

Once I get the sheet up, it will be easy to play Dips, just the actual sheet making is delaying me.

darklink_shadow
2014-01-09, 01:36 PM
HP rolls for Dips

[roll0] + [roll1]

Will have to do mount HP later, if you decide the normal rules for mount HP are not followed (which is "always half")

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-09, 05:08 PM
There aren't many archetypes that trade Channel Energy for something I'd like, so would it be possible to trade it for this UA variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#cleric), even though it specifies Turn Undead as the class feature to be lost?

Plerumque
2014-01-09, 05:27 PM
zord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=736563)is nearly complete just have equipment and remaining fluff to do

You do know that another character is already named Zord, right?

i am also requesting this third party prc lord of dead (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-prestige-classes/paizo-fans-united/lord-of-the-dead) through it wont be till level 16 that I take it

Approved.

Sorry, Plerum, I have everything finalized on Dips, I just haven't had the time to move him onto his new sheet yet. I will try to do that tonight, after classes. Or, more like midafternoon, after classes.

I really appreciate you making the game! Feeling a little swamped with my schedule and suddenly having a bunch of demands on my time that are at X am until Y pm everyday, and it's leaving me exhausted!

Once I get the sheet up, it will be easy to play Dips, just the actual sheet making is delaying me.

Don't worry about it. Unless interest drops off we won't be selecting characters for another week anyway.

There aren't many archetypes that trade Channel Energy for something I'd like, so would it be possible to trade it for this UA variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#cleric), even though it specifies Turn Undead as the class feature to be lost?

That's fine.

tonberryking
2014-01-09, 07:17 PM
I think Daes is 80% done; I'm going to add into her backstory some sort of escapade that is open ended enough for any other PC to retroactively be a part of it, if they so wish, but for the sake of discussion, is there any nearby or sort-of nearby human kingdom? Someplace where a wascawwy warlock wabbit could have been running an illicit gambler's den that was cleaning out alot of people? Some place where in fact the reputation of the populace is more sterling than one would imagine a bunch of casino-goers to be?

Re'ozul
2014-01-09, 07:52 PM
I'd ask what a Glove of Storing with more slots would cost, but the item is incredibly expensive already.

avr
2014-01-09, 08:50 PM
You do know that another character is already named Zord, right?
It might be funny having two characters with the same name. Whether it would be worth the confusion is another matter.

In any case that depends on us both getting picked for the game which seems statistically unlikely.

How did I miss the half standard wealth? I'll have to spend some time cutting back, and the robe of useful items I rolled up will probably bite the dust.

darklink_shadow
2014-01-09, 09:01 PM
Dips (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753009) in all his glory. He has an animal companion of 8th level, or rather he could. For now, however, I am going to say he hasn't attracted his companion yet, although he might soon, depending on my workload before the game starts.

Also, his role can easily be "rogue" really. And the class features of the class "Abolisher" aren't on there yet. Nor are my spells, of which I will have a lot of low level.

I am noticing some homebrew being allowed. Dips will dip into that homebrew starting next level! :belkar:

Many goblins have short attention spans, but Dips has the shortest when it comes to training. The moment he sees a profession in action that catches his interest, he abandons his current training to go and learn this new skill. Often times he pledges himself to be the apprentice, squire, or assistant to the practitioner of the skill he has sudden become obsessed with, and occasionally follows them if they refuse. Because of this tendency, Dips has traveled a great deal in his life.

Having a massive hodgepodge of skills and spells at his disposal, he feels that he is impressively powerful, but constantly feels inferior when someone displays a skill he doesn't have. He also hero worships practically every single person with even an iota of power. All in all, Dips is liked for his chipper demeanor and his ability to get things done despite himself.

When the game starts, Dips will have just returned home recently after following his whims.

Aldurin
2014-01-09, 09:05 PM
Rolling HP: [roll0]

Re'ozul
2014-01-09, 09:20 PM
I kind of want Sliver to be an opportunistic a**hole with a bit of conscience.

The idea is this:

He makes his living crafting things for people, sometimes bif sometimes small. But he rarely has any big or lasting projects, so he is forced to always wander around. This isn't helped my most humanoid's predisposition to severely dislike Ratfolk.
Now there seems to be something killing off goblins and he got thinking.
The Goblins tolerate him, if not even like him and his kind. There will be an exodus of many goblins, likely leaving behind much infrastructure that cannot be transported.
So wherever they end up trying to begin anew, there will be much effort needed to establish said infrastructure anew and with a growing populous (as goblins are known to have) this will keep for growing for a while until a new equilibrium is matched.
This is a prime opportunity to set up shop and become a major cornerstone of this renewed culture.

Question to DM:

A Belt of Hidden Pouches (RotW p173) says each individual item may not exceed 6 inches in any dimension. Wands range from 6-12 inches. Can I still use the item as a utility belt for wands?

Plerumque
2014-01-09, 09:26 PM
Sure. It makes sense with the item's purpose.

Aldurin
2014-01-09, 09:37 PM
Rikorg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=757274) is complete, except for the animal companion which I will stat up later.

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-09, 09:40 PM
You did not request the Advanced template and it is not allowed.

Psst, Aldurin, the Advanced template isn't allowed.

Aldurin
2014-01-09, 09:46 PM
Oh oops I didn't realize that core templates needed approval. I'll swap it out for something else.

So with the Pathfinder template system does that mean I would use the CR adjustment of a 3.5 template instead of level adjustment? If so I might change it over to Winged Creature from Savage Species.

Plerumque
2014-01-09, 09:47 PM
I view it as more of a DM's template, a RAW way to make a monster a bit more challenging without having to add any abilities. For PC use, especially in gestalt, it's unbalanced. Sorry.

Re'ozul
2014-01-09, 10:04 PM
Rolling hitpoints:

[roll0]

Concerning the Flaw:

Part of me wants to take murky eyed. He is always hunched over creating stuff and reading that his vision is bad. Hence his general reliance on magic missiles. But at the same time I don't know wether that is an appropriate Flaw because he will be relying a lot on magic missile.

Aldurin
2014-01-09, 10:14 PM
I view it as more of a DM's template, a RAW way to make a monster a bit more challenging without having to add any abilities. For PC use, especially in gestalt, it's unbalanced. Sorry.

Fair enough, is my assessment of the template conversions in the last post accurate? And is the Winged Creature template allowed?

Plerumque
2014-01-10, 07:01 AM
Murky Eyed is fine.

Winged template is approved, and you may use the CR adjustment instead of the LA.

Aldurin
2014-01-10, 07:14 AM
Ok, sheet is updated. Only thing left is the animal companion, which I might just delay for later.

Re'ozul
2014-01-11, 10:35 AM
Sliver, the Craftsrat (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753628)

I wasn't so much born as created. While most beings consider the age old adage "A Wizard did it" an old joke, in the case of my existance it rings quite true. Though he wasn't so much a wizard as an Alchemist and from what he later told me, my creation was a complete coincidence. Yes coincidence, not accident, for regardless of what many of us 'lower' species think, the fact that we were classified so does not mean all 'higher' species are arrogant and dismissive.

But I wander, my 'birth' then. My parents were of the most primitive of ratfolk, barely sapient and moroe feral than most. They had taken to living underneath Volgrath's house because - what? who is Volgrath? Oh I apologize, i forgot to mention. Volgrath was the name of the afforementioned Alchemist. Yes I am aware the name is more akin to a dwarven one, I believe that may have had something to do with his northern descend - now, they live beneath his house in sewers due to the availability of food. For as humane Volgrath was, testing alchemical concoctions is not without error, sometimes of the most grievous kind. Hence many animals he tested said concoctions on, ironically many of them rats, ended up dead and discarded down the hatch. As you can likely guess, eating mostly magically and alchemically modified carcasses and fluids left my parents in a somewhat strange place. Now that I think about it, perhaps this was also the cause for their feralness. But to make it short, this rather 'interesting' selection of sustenance caused their me, their offspring, to develop some odd abilities.

Most of said abilities were rather unspectacular at first. I had an innate ability to sense the presence of magic, something that as a youngling I assumed everyone could do. My enhanced intelligence showed itself as well, in that I soon far outstripped my parent's ability to reason, plan and simply understand the world around us. This led to my survival when one day a group of ecclectically dressed beings of multiple races came through the sewers killing everything living in sight. I managed to escape by clambering up the pipes into Volgrath's home, where he soon found me.

His initial reaction was one you would expect. Disgust and hostility. Luckily he was kind enough to not continue such behaviour when I showed the ability to speak and reason with him, though while sounding high-concept said reasoning was simply a lot of pleading, begging and offering to work for him in exchange for not being killed. Luckily for me he accepted. His curiosity however, was a blessing as he soon found himself wondering if I was capable of more than simply sorting ingredients and pushing small boxes around. I believe it was mostly due to my being able to identify magical components and stash the seperately from nonmagical ones of the same appearance. His questioning to that end brought to light for me that, no my ability to sense magic was not at all normal for my kind.

We soon found that I had not only a knack for detecting but also molding it into effects. Though we soon found that my breath of application was exceedingly slim. I could throw it in the form of elemental blasts or use it to push myself short distances through the astral plane. Yet Volgrath was still ecstatic. Most mages would get tired soon if they used such ability continuously, I never felt my power drain at all. Soon we attempted to see if this would work with molding magic as well and while much less pronounced, we found that with some training I could not only craft scrolls, but also do so using slightly less reagents than normal.

We spent years like that. Volgrath teaching me, both of us looking for ways to further my talent and I helping his craft. Soon his shop became a foremost place for adventurers to have their equipment custom created at prices that few could beat, thanks to my ever evolving ability to create the same with less. Yet all good things come to an end eventually. Ad I pointed out at the very beginning, the work of an alchemist is not without danger and their concoction doubly so. I still do not know how but one day one of his experiment detonated violently as he worked on it, even though the materials should not have allowed for such a reaction. He died in my arms and I could not help him.

The shop soon closed after this. As my existance became known, customers shied away either by disgust or arrogance, not believing that a Ratfolk could craft what they needed. In the end I took what was left, broke it and reforged it into the things I now own.

And now there is rumor of people with similar plight to mine. Forced out of their home, not by scorn, but by force. People of the same 'lower' races as I. Perhaps we can find a new, better home together, perhaps the place they will find will be more accepting. I have broken with the 'higher' races, I have no place with them, but I can become a pillar for this new society.

I still have lots of skillpoints open because I am unsure on what craft skills to take and how many are even relevant.

commander panda
2014-01-11, 04:45 PM
Hey guys, sorry I dissapeared.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to withdraw. Another game I thought was dead has picked up again, and I think one is my limit right now.

niw18
2014-01-11, 11:38 PM
I might need to chose new prestige class or standard class as I do not qualify I don't thinkl for ones I chosen.

so here are few choices mighty godling (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/mighty-godling) a third party class\

or this class armor bonded (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-prestige-classes/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/armor-bonded)

Re'ozul
2014-01-12, 12:50 PM
I just hope I'll have enough time to craft my reserve empty. I didn't want to break WBL more by using it.

Because then it would have been:

12500gp crafting reserve supplemented
3000gp crafting non supplemented
15,500gp regular

For a total of 95,500gp equivalent market worth in equipment.

Re'ozul
2014-01-12, 03:12 PM
Interested

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Then you better be quick. Today is the cutoff date if I remember correctly.

Thokk_Smash
2014-01-12, 03:37 PM
Then you better be quick. Today is the cutoff date if I remember correctly.

Characters are due the 18th; there's still a little under a week to go.

oyzar
2014-01-12, 05:57 PM
I assume it's too late too late to join in on this one eh?

Probably going with an illusionist on one side and a factotum on the other, or is that too powerful? Definatly going to be a goblin.

Edit: Maybe a Cleric of Lamashtu would be better fitting with the other submissions, what to do for the other side though? A swordsage is certainly interesting. Is DMM in the category of "please do not pick that"?

[/roll]4d6b3[/roll]
[/roll]4d6b3[/roll]
[/roll]4d6b3[/roll]
[/roll]4d6b3[/roll]
[/roll]4d6b3[/roll]
[/roll]4d6b3[/roll]

[/roll]4d6b3[/roll]
[/roll]4d6b3[/roll]
[/roll]4d6b3[/roll]
[/roll]4d6b3[/roll]
[/roll]4d6b3[/roll]
[/roll]4d6b3[/roll]

oyzar
2014-01-12, 05:59 PM
Seems I botched the rolls above... Trying again...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Edit: I guess that first set is not eligible for a reroll:smallannoyed:, since that second set is pretty sick. Now to keep it or to go for 25 point buy...

Tyrann
2014-01-12, 09:26 PM
Itru Foulcraze (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753266)

Note that I won't have her talk in rhyme for the entire campaign, but I thought it was a good way to illustrate how confused she is. (Also I realize the poem is kind of bad so I don't want to force anyone to read too much of my crappy poetry :smallbiggrin:).
I think she's done, except that I'm not entirely sure if swarmfighting was still a thing or not.
It's a funny idea but if nobody else is taking it there's no real point in burning the feat :smallconfused:

Plerumque
2014-01-12, 09:52 PM
I might need to chose new prestige class or standard class as I do not qualify I don't thinkl for ones I chosen.

so here are few choices mighty godling (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/mighty-godling) a third party class\

or this class armor bonded (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-prestige-classes/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/armor-bonded)

Both approved.

I assume it's too late too late to join in on this one eh?

Probably going with an illusionist on one side and a factotum on the other, or is that too powerful? Definatly going to be a goblin.

Edit: Maybe a Cleric of Lamashtu would be better fitting with the other submissions, what to do for the other side though? A swordsage is certainly interesting. Is DMM in the category of "please do not pick that"?

DMM is fine without nightstick stacking.

Itru Foulcraze (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753266)

Note that I won't have her talk in rhyme for the entire campaign, but I thought it was a good way to illustrate how confused she is. (Also I realize the poem is kind of bad so I don't want to force anyone to read too much of my crappy poetry :smallbiggrin:).
I think she's done, except that I'm not entirely sure if swarmfighting was still a thing or not.
It's a funny idea but if nobody else is taking it there's no real point in burning the feat :smallconfused:

I think that idea has been abandoned. JanusJones, who orignally suggested Swarm-Fighting, has dropped interest, and I'm not sure any of the sheets I've looked over have the feat.

Tyrann
2014-01-12, 10:07 PM
I think that idea has been abandoned. JanusJones, who orignally suggested Swarm-Fighting, has dropped interest, and I'm not sure any of the sheets I've looked over have the feat.

Okay, updated the sheet, took pathfinder Persistent Spell instead (which is really nice but also really powerful).

Maybe I'll just drop the flaw instead..

avr
2014-01-12, 10:34 PM
Actually, I picked up Swarmfighting for my PC and his animal companion. Can't argue with making enemies reroll their saves when you're a primary caster though.

Erik Vale
2014-01-12, 10:53 PM
Question/Thought, Any chance I could fluff a Wolf Companion with Totem Guide as a thoroughly cursed Barghest?
Things I'm looking to do to it would also include making it inteligent with stat-boosts, giving it a pearl of speech [600gp for Goblin or Common, would need aproval as a 3.5 item, gives ability to speak/understand one language], and possibly have it's Beast Speach ability extend to Barghests.

This is a rather random idea and I fully understand if the answer is a thorough no.

Erik Vale
2014-01-12, 10:59 PM
AC HP: [roll0]+8 [1st] +[9*5]=44+45=89

nersxe
2014-01-12, 11:23 PM
I still have Swarmfighting. I'll switch it out if I get in and no one else with the feat does, but I like the idea of it.

Erik Vale
2014-01-13, 12:00 AM
Ghorg Deathmixer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752730) and Marg Eelcatcher (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=761547) are complete... I think.

To clarrify, Marg is the mount. Whilst I thought swarmfighting was cool this character idea was never going to work well within it, however I liked it way to much, even though it has morphed very far from the warlock with channeling weapon / Yabusame archery ability test.
That is, if you couldn't tell with the lack of warlock and how I've got Yabusame improving bombs/pistols whilst Vital Strike improves riffles.

Re'ozul
2014-01-13, 05:31 AM
I don't have the feats for swarmfighting (already had to axe brew potion for keen intellect). But Ratfolk have something similar for just ratfolk (2 per square and count as flanking if both attack the same enemy). NOt sure if that is adaptable for swarmfighting.

Plerumque
2014-01-13, 06:53 AM
Then I suppose I'm mistaken. Go for it.

Erix Vale: Sure. And 3.5 items don't need approval unless they conflict with PF items.

Erik Vale
2014-01-13, 04:22 PM
Cool. Time to do some fluff changing.

oyzar
2014-01-13, 05:26 PM
I kinda want to take both the demon (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/chaos-domain/demon) and protean (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/chaos-domain/protean) domain for my cleric. They are both subdomains of chaos (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/chaos-domain). They replace different cleric powers, but sadly they do overlap a bit in that they replace the same spells. I don't suppose I could combine them but you chose which spells they replace? For my other domain I'll probably just go with Trickery (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/trickery-domain), though Madness (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/madness-domain) is tempting as well.

JanusJones
2014-01-13, 10:52 PM
Okay guys. With a week to go, I'm throwing my hat back in - if for nothing else, the fun of building gobs!

Which you want?

For the Swarmfighters, I have a gob who can give anybody who Swarms with him +10 to AC, free flanking, and in addition to healing tons. I might add on Warchief 7 for +4 Cha and the ability to give everybody else +8 Strength (albeit at the cost of 10 hp/round, which I'll be doing my best to heal back with Aura of Triumph and a ton of attacks). For a gobby chieftan, though, you can't ask for much more.

I also have a Witchdoctor who will wear a giant Tiki mask. He'll be hiding in plain sight, flying out to touch enemies with big hits (maximized Inflict Critical Wounds + Sneak Attack dice). He'll also be able to infect people with diseases and curse them, full-on witchdoctor-style. Fun and flavor!

Finally, a swarmfighting gobby with a pet who pounces from shadows.

Could also make that Witchdoctor a healer, come to think of it.

Thoughts? And hi again!

Erik Vale
2014-01-13, 11:32 PM
The swarm fighting idea whilst cool has kinda died, so I'd go for witchdoctor.

oyzar
2014-01-14, 03:07 AM
I probably won't be able to finish my submission. Making a high level gestalt char takes more time then I have.

Plerumque
2014-01-14, 05:25 PM
That's fine. Happy gaming.

So with three days to go, how's everyone doing?

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-14, 05:57 PM
Been fighting the flu all weekend, so I haven't been doing much work on my character. Crunch is almost done; I just have to pick spells readied and maneuvers known. I'll be working on the fluff until the deadline, though I've had a lot of time to mentally refine the backstory, etc., while I lay delirious in bed.

Plerumque
2014-01-14, 06:02 PM
Wow, that's dedication. I hope you're all right.

Re'ozul
2014-01-14, 06:09 PM
I'm basically done, the only thing thats still to do is decide how many skillpoints to 'spend' on craft skills.

Tyrann
2014-01-14, 07:09 PM
Think I'm done too, unless you would prefer more background. Picked out prepared spells and I don't think I'll be changing anything else.

I'm just still on the fence about whether or not I want to take a flaw to pick up swarm fighting but I think I'd like to wait until I see the player selection (if I get picked.)

nersxe
2014-01-14, 07:10 PM
I'm happy with Shouts if you are.

darklink_shadow
2014-01-14, 07:19 PM
I should be done.

Re'ozul
2014-01-14, 07:38 PM
My biggest problem is that in a very literal reading of the Artisan class I'd need ranks in ALL necessary craft skills in order to craft things (as those ranks count as my caster level).

That would mean I'd have to spend over half my available ranks (70 in total) to stay afloat the requirements as I'd need:

Armor; Bows; Weapons; Alchemy; Jewelry; Sculptures; Calligraphy

PwntQ
2014-01-14, 07:39 PM
I'm almost finished with mine, just need to finalize skills and items.

[roll0]

Tom the Barrel Lord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=760928)

Also Plerumque is that archetype I pm'ed you alright?

Aldurin
2014-01-14, 07:46 PM
All done and ready to get eaten by the first thing that can fit a goblin in its mouth survive.

Plerumque
2014-01-14, 07:59 PM
My biggest problem is that in a very literal reading of the Artisan class I'd need ranks in ALL necessary craft skills in order to craft things (as those ranks count as my caster level).

That would mean I'd have to spend over half my available ranks (70 in total) to stay afloat the requirements as I'd need:

Armor; Bows; Weapons; Alchemy; Jewelry; Sculptures; Calligraphy

I'll allow you to take Craft (woodwork), Craft (metalsmithing), and Craft (enchantments) instead. That should cover all of it while lessening the expenditure of skill points.

I'm almost finished with mine, just need to finalize skills and items.

[roll0]

Tom the Barrel Lord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=760928)

Also Plerumque is that archetype I pm'ed you alright?

Yes, that's fine. Sorry, wasn't able to open the link until I got home.

Aldurin
2014-01-14, 08:24 PM
Made a few edits since I just discovered the glory of pathfinder traits. Added two of those and moved the ride skill to the fly skill cuz I don't need no mount.

Plerumque
2014-01-14, 08:38 PM
Re'ozul|Sliver (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753628)|Ratfolk|Warlock/Artisan|Crafter|CG
Erik Vale|Ghorg Deathmixer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752730)|Goblin|Samurai/Alchemist|Rocket-Launcher Goblin|???
Nersxe|Shouts (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753904)|Goblin|Marshal/Dragon Shaman|Buffer|LE
Tyrann|Itru Foulcraze (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753266) and Familiar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753894)|Blue|Witch/Alchemist|Utility Caster|TN
Thokk_Smash|Specs (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=754989)|Goblin|Barbarian/Renaissance Man|Skillmonkey|???
Niw18|Zord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=736563)|Greater Barghest|Antipaladin|Melee|CE
Aldurin|Rikorg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=757274)|Winged Air Goblin|Swift Hunter/Sagittarius|Archer|TN
PwntQ|Tom the Barrel Lord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=760928)|Blue|Fighter/Aegis|Tank|???[/table]

Any I've missed?

PwntQ
2014-01-14, 08:42 PM
If I take Saving Shield (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/saving-shield-combat) and Shieldmate (http://dndtools.eu/feats/miniatures-handbook--75/shieldmate--2600/) would they stack for +4 shield bonus to adjecent allies?