2014-01-04, 02:21 AM
Crysaenthe
Human Witch (Winter Witch) 3
LN Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +2
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 17 (3d6+3)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft., swim 11 ft.
Special Attacks hexes (frozen caress, slumber [dc 15])
Spell-Like Abilities
Constant—endure elements (cold only)
Witch (Winter Witch) Spells Prepared (CL 3rd; concentration +7):
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 9, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 11
Base Atk +1; CMB +0; CMD 12
Feats Aquatic Ancestry, Improved Familiar, Racial Heritage
Traits indomitable faith, magical knack, resilient
Skills Craft (ships) +8, Knowledge (arcana) +10, Knowledge (history) +10, Knowledge (nature) +10,
Knowledge (planes) +10, Perception +2, Profession (sailor) +6, Sense Motive +2, Spellcraft +9, Swim +11,
Use Magic Device +10
Languages Azlanti, Common, Sylvan, Tengu, Thassilonian
SQ amphibious, cold flesh, patron spells (deception)
Other Gear Cloak of resistance +1, 150 GP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Amphibious (Ex) You can survive indefinitely on land.
Deliver Touch Spells Through Familiar (Su) Your familiar can deliver touch spells for you.
Empathic Link with Familiar (Su) You have an empathic link with your Arcane Familiar.
Endure Elements (Cold only) (Ex) Exist comfortably in cold regions.
Familiar Bonus: You gain the Alertness feat while your familiar is within arm's reach.
Frozen Caress (Su) Whenever the winter witch casts a touch spell, she can infuse the magic with cold
as a swift action. This grants the spell the cold descriptor, and adds 1d4 points of cold damage to the
spell’s effect. If the touch spell allows a saving throw, a succ
Magical Knack (Witch [Winter Witch]) +2 CL for a specific class, to a max of your HD.
Racial Heritage (-Choose-) You count as another race for the purpose of prerequisites.
Share Spells with Familiar Can cast spells with a target of "You" on the familiar with a range of touch.
Slumber (3 rds) (DC 15) (Su) Foe in 30 ft falls asleep for duration, or until damaged or roused by ally
(Will neg).
Swimming (11 feet) You have a Swim speed.

Familar: Coral Capucin (GM) let me make it flavored into an aquatic phoenix but with the same mechanics.

***Väli***
Coral Capuchin
N Tiny magical beast (aquatic)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +6
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 14 (+3 Dex, +2 size, +2 natural)
hp 8 (2d10+2)
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft., fly 40 ft. (good), swim 30 ft.
Melee bite +7 (1d3-2/×2)
Space 2.5 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks cursed bite
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 6, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 13, Cha 7
Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 11
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Climb +6, Perception +6, Sleight of Hand +8, Spellcraft +2, Stealth +15 (+19 in coral reefs), Swim
+10, Use Magic Device +1; Racial Modifiers +4 Sleight of Hand, +4 Stealth in coral reefs
Languages Common (can't speak)
SQ amphibious, improved evasion, moisture dependency
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Amphibious (Ex) You can survive indefinitely on land.
Climbing (30 feet) You have a Climb speed.
Cursed Bite (DC 12) (Su) Victim takes 1d6 dam every 10 min out of water but can hold breath 2x as
long (Fort neg).
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Flight (40 feet, Good) You can fly!
Improved Evasion (Ex) No damage on successful reflex save; half on failed save.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Moisture Dependency Can stay out of water for Con hours, then takes 1d6 damage every hour.
Swimming (30 feet) You have a Swim speed.---------------------------

The other party memebers are, goblin rogue, elven druid, halfing bard, undine cleric, orc barb, slyph sorcerer

Given that, what tweaks would you make if any? Equipment and spells is where I may have not picked the best choices. not sure...

Talya
2014-01-04, 10:48 AM
What are you using racial heritage to accomplish?
What is your patron (I can't find it here)? In my opinion, one of the best witch patrons is Deception, which is completely available to the winter witch.

I was going to say "Why not go merfolk?" but I'd never looked up the race in pathfinder, and was disappointed to see it is no longer "the human of the sea." Sadly, none of the aquatic races have an intelligence bonus, making playing the "sea witch" frustrating.

Dalebert
2014-01-04, 03:19 PM
My first thought on picking a patron was "whatever it takes to get shapechange". Why witches don't already have that and every other shapeshifting spell on their spell list is beyond me. Shapeshifting is such a classic witchy thing. Anyway, it seems most of the spells on those patron choices suck enough to not be able to justify it despite that being my favorite spell ever since the early days of AD&D.

After mourning the loss of shapechange, I went with shadow. Why? Because the witch list seems lacking in versatility in their spell list. I guess you could call it versatile that they have a bajillion different variations on single-target SOL effects but I mean spells that can be helpful for a particular circumstance or have different applications with a little creativity. Illusions and particularly shadow magic that allows you to imitate a lot of different spell effects (like shadow conjuration or shades) goes a long way to fill in gaps, especially for a player with a creative mind.