PDA

View Full Version : help with paladin prestige class?

Alvarosaurus
2014-01-04, 03:06 AM
hi, so I'm playing a homebrew campaing with some friends and I'm an Angel Paladin lvl 1
Stats (no buying, all were rolled with dices)
STR 14, DEX 9 CON 14, INT 10 WIS 15 CHA 15
Angel refers to a homebrew race, those are the bonuses ans caracteristics (note that the above stats include the racial modifications)

+2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom, −2 Dexterity.
Type:Outsider (Good)
Size: Medium (1,7m – 1,9m)
Darkvision 30ft
Base land speed for an Angel is 30 feet. Angels can fly at double their land speed.

+2 racial bonus on Diplomacy, Knowledge (religion) and Heal checks

Aura of Light (Su): Angels have a vibrant radiating aura, one that conveys both light and comfort to all those around them. This light extends to 15 feet, and can be dismissed at will, while starting the aura once more requires a standard action. Usually, Angels do not have the aura in effect at all times.It gives +2 AC deflection bonus to themselves and anyone that the angel considers a friend inside the aura.

Purging Light(Ex) : Starting at level 4, an angel can cast Searing Light once per day as a spell like ability, his caster level is half his character level. At level 12 he can use it twice per day.

All armor used by angels costs 25% more

Automatic Languages: Celestial, Common Bonus Languages: Any.
Favored Class: Cleric, Paladin

I picked tower shield proficiency as feat, to help tanking
I would like (roleplaying reasons) to use bastard swords, but it is not mandatory. Skills : +4 Sense Motive +4 Heal

I am at this moment the weakest character in my party (a Sahuagin barbarian, a psionic (don't remember his race) a fairy sorcerer (or wizard? I don't remember) and a human Sorcerer (she hasn't started playing actually, so she mey change her class)
My function in the party is tank and healer, I also do a bit of scouting on open areas thanks to my wings.
I'd like to do some considerable damage, but I know you can't do everything.

even if my race (and many other things in the campaing) is homebrew, I probably won't have acces to homebrew content from now on (which means that I have to stick to the books for the rest of the game)

I hope to have acces to all the core books plus Complete Champion, Complete Divine and hopefully to Exalted Deeds.

any good prestige class recomendation?
I was planning something like Pal 8 Shadowstriker 3 Shinning Blade of Heironeous 9
note that i don't search a full optimization, but just something to keep up with power.

thanks!

Waker
2014-01-04, 03:28 AM
While Shadowstriker is decent enough, I would recommend against the Shining Blade PrC. It's generally regarded as being a terrible class. If you want to improve your combat or healing ability, you might be better off looking at other classes like Pious Templar, Divine Crusader or Warpriest.

morkendi
2014-01-04, 08:20 AM
Go 2 levels pally, then jump to cleric. Got your divine grace, smite, etc. Run a few cleric levels and jump to ordained champion. Cleric can be better melee than pally. Get define meta magic and persist, you can be a melee powerhouse, and still have the pally feel.

morkendi
2014-01-04, 10:30 AM
Go 2 levels pally, then jump to cleric. Got your divine grace, smite, etc. Run a few cleric levels and jump to ordained champion. Cleric can be better melee than pally. Get define meta magic and persist, you can be a melee powerhouse, and still have the pally feel.

Felcat
2014-01-04, 11:12 AM
Pious Templar seems like a good dip for Paladins (Complete Divine), and Fist of Raziel makes for one Evil Smiting Beast.

I've been wanting to try a build of:

Paladin 5, Pious Templar 2, the Fist of Raziel 10.