PDA

View Full Version : Arcane PrC adpations for Divine Help

Diarmuid
2014-01-04, 09:46 AM
My DM has agreed to let me write up some divine adaptions for Olin Gisir and Arcane Archer as both fit my character thematically, but I'm a divine caster.

Curious to get some help with converting them. I dont want to post my build as I'm trying to make these very equal adaptions and not simply ones that are easy for my character to get into with prereqs or that completely compliment my characters focus.

Arcane Archer seems pretty easy to just replace "Ability to cast 1st-level arcane spells." with "Ability to cast 1st-level divine spells.". The class doesnt improve the spellcasting at all and none of the abilities specifically mention arcane spells/abilities.

The "Imbue Arrow" is likely less impactful on a divine caster due to their spell list, and the "Arrow of Death" is perhaps a bit too offensive. Any thoughts on divine versions of those?

Olin Gisir is another that seems like it could be a pretty straightforward port with changing the "Ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells" to divine in the requirements. But would the "Any 2 metamagic feats" requirement be better served as "any 2 divine feats"?

Ancient Knowledge should probably have Knowledge: Arcane swapped for Knowledge: Religion.

Signs and Portents could be left the same, simply giving free uses, but is there another arcane spell that could be swapped in here?

The Word of Dispel ability that adds Dispel Evil/Chaos/Law to your spell list would have to change as those are already on the Cleric list. Looking for 5th level Arcane abjurations on the SRD 2 are already on the Cleric list and the third is Private Sanctum, which doesnt seem to fit thematically.

Looking for some creativity here but not looking to change the classes too much in power/flavor.