PDA

View Full Version : Dervish fluff

Buddha's_Cookie
2014-01-04, 11:44 AM
What I am looking for is what clothes would a male dervish wear for adventuring?

He is an elf ranger/scout in a 3.5 game, if that matters to some. As far as I know I am the only elf we have come across and elves seem to be the stereotypical fare from the core book.

Angry Bob
2014-01-04, 12:00 PM
Are you referring to the Dervish feat(PF) or the Dervish class(3.5)? You say ranger/scout, which makes me think you're talking about the feat, but then you say 3.5, which makes me wonder if you just haven't qualified for the class yet?

What clothes: Something that isn't going to get in the way when he's dancing. Dervishes as the class, if that's what you're using, can't wear heavier than light armor, so look for the best light armor you can find. As far as mundane clothing goes, does the character expect to dance at a moment's notice, or might he have two or more separate outfits? One for traveling/dungeon diving, one for performance?

Buddha's_Cookie
2014-01-04, 12:06 PM
It is the class, I am only level 4 so I have not qualified.

Because of the rolls our DM allowed My DEX is so high that wearing armor is almost useless.

Our group is more combat focused (edit: as apposed to roleplay focused) so I am just looking for something to add flare to my description. our characters are meeting for the first time after a 5 year time skip where most of went off to train on our own.

Averis Vol
2014-01-04, 04:43 PM
Something loose like a sleeveless shirt (for minimal interference in combat) and a pair of shorts with something like dancers slippers (Maybe a little less feminine) and maybe a casual cloak, or half cape if you want to be fancy.

Equally, if you would rather wear pants something slightly baggy but cut a bit above the ankle. You could wrap your feet and ankle in cloth similar to how you use an ace bandage to make sure your ankles don't buckle and sway. Look at old fantasy pirate clothes; they are baggy, open and flowing. This was to make them look sort of fierce, but they're really the same in practice.

Buddha's_Cookie
2014-01-05, 12:08 AM
^ That gives me good ideas, thank you.