PDA

View Full Version : My Life With Master [2/3 players wanted]

Eonas
2014-01-04, 02:01 PM
Would anybody like to play a short-ish game of the wonderful gothic horror game, My Life With Master? I'm thinking 2 or 3 players would be ideal for this.

BurningBramble
2014-01-04, 08:27 PM
This game looks interesting, I'll have to read through it.

Zalphon
2014-01-04, 09:01 PM
Big 16, please? I'm interested.

Eonas
2014-01-04, 09:49 PM
Well, I didn't have anything specific set in mind. The game recommends everybody figuring this stuff out together, so I figured that's what we could do.

Me, I had several ideas for Masters:
* An old alchemist trying to create a rejuvenation potion, in order to gain the love of a young woman.
* Someone (a young philosopher, maybe?) trying to regain/unsell his soul from the Devil by making others lose theirs
* A wizard trying to summon up an Eldrich Horror in order to gain the appeal of the Forces from Beyond (this is perhaps less traditionally gothic than Lovecraftian, but Lovecraftian horror is fundamentally an offshoot of gothic literature)
* Someone trying to bring a loved one back from the dead, or make the loved one's ghost corporeal
* And then there's always the whole tried-and-true Vampire thing. Someone wants to become a Vampire to live forever, or wants to become human again, or has an angsty love-affair of some kind, or really anything at all. Hard to go wrong with bloodsucking villains.

Are there any among this list that you particularly like, or do you have any ideas of your own? I'm all ears/eyes.

LoP
2014-01-06, 08:47 AM
I've played this game once IRL, was fun! In that game, our Master was a psychotic, brooding Batman expy... we were his abused, forever in his shadow sidekicks/butlers/servants. Definitely felt like All-Star Batman in its insanity.

A straight up, genre-correct game would be cool though - I like the idea of the Master attempting to become a vampire via evil ritual, with us minions having to do all the dirty work.