PDA

View Full Version : Im not tier one, but i am versatile and HUNGRY (cheap hunger domain access)

GhengisConrad
2014-01-04, 02:29 PM
challenge: within 2 levels of non tier one classes, and with using no HD feats, get a non human acess to the hunger domain power.

can it be done?

refer to build in my sig if you want. those HD feats and class featurws are available.

Kazyan
2014-01-04, 02:31 PM
Dip Fighter or whatever to get Weapon Focus and then dip Divine Crusader for a god with the Hunger Domain.

GhengisConrad
2014-01-04, 02:55 PM
is it koscher to make up your own god?

at any rate, i cannot be evil. prelim search showed all hunger gods are evil?

*sigh* maybe i should twist an arm to get a level of shaman through.... mmmmmmmmmm........

Kazyan
2014-01-04, 03:08 PM
You'll have to talk to your DM about making up your own god, if that's the way you want to go. Stat up the god completely--the more fleshed-out, the less work for the DM. Give him or her plot hooks in the description; DMs love plot hooks. Although you've given me an inkling...I might just stat up a god with the hunger domain on my own. What alignment?

GhengisConrad
2014-01-04, 03:16 PM
chaotic neutral. favored weapon either claws, or unarmed weapons. wann get real flavorful, check the link in my sig for the build.

Rebel7284
2014-01-04, 04:17 PM
Planar Touchstone [Catalogues of Enlightment] can give you the granted power of any domain.

If you need it from class levels, well find some classes that give bonus feats. :)

GhengisConrad
2014-01-04, 04:26 PM
Planar Touchstone [Catalogues of Enlightment] can give you the granted power of any domain.

If you need it from class levels, well find some classes that give bonus feats. :)

Unearthed Arcana is banned at my table. Do you know a way I can get planar touchstone as a bonus feat?! I don't.

Rebel7284
2014-01-04, 04:33 PM
Unearthed Arcana is banned at my table. Do you know a way I can get planar touchstone as a bonus feat?! I don't.

Embrace the dark chaos and then shun it. :)

I typically try to find a way to get ANOTHER one of my feats as a bonus feat in such a circumstance.

Also, Chameleon 2

GhengisConrad
2014-01-04, 05:00 PM
Embrace the dark chaos and then shun it. :)

I typically try to find a way to get ANOTHER one of my feats as a bonus feat in such a circumstance.

Also, Chameleon 2

Dark chaos shuffle also effectively banned at my table.

Chameleon makes me need able learner, And then ID have to work to get wings.

Angelmaker
2014-01-04, 06:11 PM
is it koscher to make up your own god?

at any rate, i cannot be evil. prelim search showed all hunger gods are evil?

*sigh* maybe i should twist an arm to get a level of shaman through.... mmmmmmmmmm........

So what? Evil gods can have neutral followers. You can be within in one shift of the alignment axis. Lawful neutral is perfectly fine for any group.

Coidzor
2014-01-04, 06:27 PM
Eberron introduced Adepts which are still Tier 4 or 5 and have 1 single domain. I think they're either Religious Adepts or Shamanistic Adepts. 2 levels of Adept will get you a Familiar, which could be fun if you're interested in sharing soulmelds or something like that.

Someone probably mentioned Planar Touchstone (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9236967&postcount=3)(Catalogues of Enlightenment) which, IIRC, give 1 domain power to you, which would give the bite attack from the Hunger Domain. Though a Fanged Mask would probably be accessible sooner, as 6th level is the soonest one can take that feat, without some shenanigans.

If OA Shaman is on the table, well, there's some disagreement as to whether it's T1 or T2, given the super-limited spell list expansion compared to even the Wu Jen and Shugenja. Can't recall if you'd have to finagle or not for it to get access to the Hunger Domain or not, as Shaman domains are a little bit weird, IIRC.

Rebel7284
2014-01-04, 06:28 PM
So what? Evil gods can have neutral followers. You can be within in one shift of the alignment axis. Lawful neutral is perfectly fine for any group.

Title says "not tier 1", so no cleric, so I assume the alignment comment was about Divine Crusader which DOES have to be the same alignment.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-01-04, 06:55 PM
Is this about gaining a bite attack, or swallowing everything in sight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312334#4)?

If you just want a bite attack, use two flaws (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm) (more here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258440#30)) to get the feats Willing Deformity and Deformity: Teeth from Heroes of Horror. Note this also gets you a +4 to Intimidate checks, so put it on a fear-inducing build (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809.0).

Nohwl
2014-01-04, 07:22 PM
you could use a faustian pact, the rules for it are in one of the fiendish codexes near the beginning. you can get up to 2 feats for it. pick up planar touchstone.

edit: you could go with the dragonborn template to get wings. i like it on warforged.

GhengisConrad
2014-01-04, 07:26 PM
Eberron introduced Adepts which are still Tier 4 or 5 and have 1 single domain. I think they're either Religious Adepts or Shamanistic Adepts. 2 levels of Adept will get you a Familiar, which could be fun if you're interested in sharing soulmelds or something like that.

It's called a religious adept, its outlined in page 256 of the Eberron Campaign Setting. I know I said no tier one, but it makes me sad that the Religious Adept is only less than the Cleric. It has absolutely no edge. Sad.

Description:

A religious adept is identical to the adept NPC class presented in the Dungeon Master’s Guide (see page 107), with one important exception: The adept can select a single cleric domain. An adept does not gain bonus domain spells
as a cleric does, but she adds the spells of her domain to her regular adept spell list and can prepare these domain spells in place of her usual spells.