PDA

View Full Version : Mythweavers down?

Togath
2014-01-04, 04:44 PM
I've tried to go on mythweavers a few times today, but keep getting a "404 not found"/"The specified bucket does not exist" error.
Is this happening to anyone else?

MonochromeTiger
2014-01-04, 04:46 PM
I've tried to go on mythweavers a few times today, but keep getting a "404 not found"/"The specified bucket does not exist" error.
Is this happening to anyone else?

yes it appears to be down, that said is this the right section for this topic? not complaining just curious.

Togath
2014-01-04, 04:47 PM
It seems the right section, given that it's mainly for rpgs.
And darn.. I'd sort of hoped the error was just on my end somewhere...

zimmerwald1915
2014-01-04, 04:49 PM
It seems the right section, given that it's mainly for rpgs.
And darn.. I'd sort of hoped the error was just on my end somewhere...
It's not. I get the same error message. And while Mythweavers tends to crash periodically, I don't think I've ever gotten the "bucket does not exist" error text for it before.

MonochromeTiger
2014-01-04, 05:15 PM
It's not. I get the same error message. And while Mythweavers tends to crash periodically, I don't think I've ever gotten the "bucket does not exist" error text for it before.

if it helps the error text changed to "no such key" for me.

Arkhaic
2014-01-04, 06:41 PM
According to Myth-weavers' twitter they suspect an outside attack rather than server problems.

inexorabletruth
2014-01-04, 06:47 PM
This is bad… all my characters are on Myth-Weavers. :smalleek:

MonochromeTiger
2014-01-04, 06:52 PM
This is bad… all my characters are on Myth-Weavers. :smalleek:

normally I'd comment that it's always important to have a backup but I too have been using mythweavers as my main place for character sheets lately..

anyone got more info on how far they've gotten in handling the attack? and if so is information like email addresses or other account details being taken or is it some hacker just being a jerk and trying to keep the site offline?

mistformsquirrl
2014-01-04, 06:52 PM
Same here inexorabletruth <@.@>; Plz be safe characters of mine! >_< I'm in like 5 games right now >.<;

inexorabletruth
2014-01-04, 07:27 PM
I feel bad now. I realize that I essentially friend-zoned Myth-Weavers. Always introducing them to my newest characters, but never really giving their site a fair try.

"Ugh this character was such a lazy jerk. He couldn't hit anything, and his skill checks are useless in a campaign run by a DM who doesn't know how to adjudicate checks. You hold on to him though, Myth-Weavers. I have no good reason; I just can't let him go. He needs me because he's terrible. Thanks Myth-Weavers! You're such a good friend. You're always there for me when I need you! ^_^"

Well, I tried a couple times, but I never really committed to learning Myth-Weavers' ways. They have a complicated ritual for setting up or joining campaigns that I don't ever feel like trying to understand. Yeah… I feel bad. :smallfrown:

Tempest Kitsune
2014-01-04, 09:06 PM
According to their twitter, it's back up, but it'll take a while for the DNS propagation to finish. Gonna try shutting down Mozilla and see if that helps.

inexorabletruth
2014-01-05, 05:13 AM
:smallconfused:
Idk… I'm still getting this:

404 Not Found

Code: NoSuchKey
Key: forumhome.php
RequestId: F05E88D48D4D97A9
HostId: qwXbQTBbUYFN3bMJIkS1S7/n7y90uprC/uZo8vlPIJ6m90Sdq3p3uETJSESXZCXfvuFjic/eFkw=

DarkWhisper
2014-01-05, 05:30 AM
According to their twitter, it's back up, but it'll take a while for the DNS propagation to finish.

MW is back up.

Gonna try shutting down Mozilla and see if that helps.

:smallconfused:
Idk… I'm still getting this:

- Clear your browser's cache (Newer IE / FF: Ctrl+Shift+Del, then 'deleted temporary internet files' (IE) or check 'Cache' and hit 'delete' (FF)).

In most cases, that will do the trick.

If not, reboot your computer - and if that still doesn't work, try a dns flush

They have a complicated ritual for setting up or joining campaigns
Huh ?

Creating a Game:
Go to Games & Ads, hit the "Create Game" button.
Fill in the form (game (and thus, game forum) name, choose game system, choose setting, if applicable, type in a short description) and your new game forum is ready.
Set up threads, etc. in your game forum and when you're ready...

Creating an Ad:
go to the "Game Profile" and hit the "Post new Ad" button.
Fill in the form (Ad title, closing date, number of players requested) and type in your text; game description (what you typed in while setting up the game) will be automatically included.
And done.

Joining a Game:
Submit an application, as desired by the prospective GM. Ad the end of recruitment, you'll either get an invite (click "accept" and you're in) or you go to the game's profile, hit the "apply to game" button, and wait for the GM to accept it.

And if there are still problems, MW mods are always willing to help.

nedz
2014-01-05, 05:33 AM
I had problems yesterday, but it seems to be working again now.

inexorabletruth
2014-01-05, 03:35 PM
Clear your browser's cache (Newer IE / FF: Ctrl+Shift+Del, then 'deleted temporary internet files' (IE) or check 'Cache' and hit 'delete' (FF)).

Even after resetting Safari, I still couldn't get on. So I googled Myth-Weavers, then clicked the link to their Sheets page and managed to get through. Then I deleted the old Bookmark and saved a new one. I'm not a computer-mage, so I have no idea why that worked, but for those of you using Safari, try that.

Huh ?

Creating a Game:
Go to Games & Ads, hit the "Create Game" button.
Fill in the form (game (and thus, game forum) name, choose game system, choose setting, if applicable, type in a short description) and your new game forum is ready.
Set up threads, etc. in your game forum and when you're ready...

Creating an Ad:
go to the "Game Profile" and hit the "Post new Ad" button.
Fill in the form (Ad title, closing date, number of players requested) and type in your text; game description (what you typed in while setting up the game) will be automatically included.
And done.

Joining a Game:
Submit an application, as desired by the prospective GM. Ad the end of recruitment, you'll either get an invite (click "accept" and you're in) or you go to the game's profile, hit the "apply to game" button, and wait for the GM to accept it.

And if there are still problems, MW mods are always willing to help.

Thanks! I saved that information. I've always wanted to try games on the Myth-Weavers' site. The campaigns I'm playing and DM'ing now have been on life-support since the holidays. If I can't get a successful headcount, I'll post a new ad in Myth-Weavers.

CarpeGuitarrem
2014-01-06, 02:47 PM
You can always try http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ in cases like this. :smallsmile: