PDA

View Full Version : My wizard needs help

Orrillo
2014-01-04, 07:47 PM
So, me and a few friends have begun a new campaign a few weeks ago and i'm playing as a wizard. Our DM banned pretty much everything he deemed unbalanced or op (even the domain wizard, that's crazy!), so i opted for a more flavorful build.

Adam is a human Wizard 6/Geometer 3. His feats are Able learner (i'm trying to be a skillmonkey/jack of all trades), Fiendish heritage and Fiendish resistance (i REALLY wanted to play a tiefling without LA), Improved initiative and Quick Reconnoiteur (Twitchy guy, with quick reflexes.), Scribe scroll and Craft Wondrous Items. Add a few maxed skills, two skill tricks (collector of stories and listen to this) and it' pretty much it.

The problem is i have no idea how to complete his build. We'll wrap up near level 16-17, so i decided was to dip Factotum (losing 1 caster level is not that big of a deal), take 2 or 3 levels of Ruathar and... And i have no idea.
My question is, how do i finalize my build? I'm looking for a prestige class, a 1 level dip in any base class and 2 feats. Maybe a skill trick or two, i like those.

Remember:
1) I can't dip prestige classes.
2) Yes, i will take at least 2 levels of Ruathar. Adam likes nature, elves and similar stuff, it's a class that fits him.
3) The more creative, the better. Yes, i could take 2 metamagic feats, but that would be boring.
4) No Dragon Magazine material or my DM will melt me in a pit of acid.
5) My companions are a depressed binder, a lucky ragemage, a barbarian specialized in blunt weapons and an elf cleric with bow and arrow.
6) I'm chaotic neutral. Yes, if needed i can change to lawful evil.
7) I'd like to avoid worshipping elder evils or selling my soul to gain feats, abilities or bonuses.

Hope i did not forgot vital informations. Also, english is not my first language, so i probably write like a 6 year old child (or worse). I just hope you can understand and thanks for your help in advance. :smallsmile:

Juntao112
2014-01-04, 08:55 PM
Loremaster.

Sith_Happens
2014-01-04, 09:15 PM
Is Abjurant Champion allowed? Ruathar gets you the weapon proficiency you need for it and some of its features are quite good even if you aren't gishing. Five levels of d10 hit dice are never a bad thing either.