PDA

View Full Version : I Came in Like a Wrecking Ball 3.5 Homebrew [PEACH]

Twogunkid
2014-01-05, 12:31 AM
So I was playing Twilight Princess again the other day and I was derping around with the ball and chain. A fun item if ever there was one. I looked through my 3.5 stuff to see if I could build it and I came across the meteor hammer from Dragon Mag, but at a d4 damage and finesse-able kata weapon it seemed a bad fit.

So without further adieu, the two-handed exotic weapon.
{table=head] Name| Damage | Reach |Crit| Damage Type| Weight| Cost
Ball & Chain*|1d8| 10ft. |x3 | Bludgeoning | 30 lb. | 10gp. [/table]
* Unlike most reach weapons the Ball & Chain may be used to strike adjacent opponents. Due to the destructive nature of the Ball and Chain it grants +2 on all attack and damage rolls made to sunder.

and a tactical feat to go with it.

Wrecking Ball[Fight Bonus Feat, General]
Prerequisites: Proficiency with Ball & Chain, Weapon Focus (Ball and Chain), Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush

Benefits: This feat grants the recipient the use of three tactical maneuvers.

Thunderball: By timing his motions just right the wielder of a ball and chain may make a trip attempt as per the normal rules. If the attempt succeeds the wielder may immediately make a free bull rush attempt against the target. This may not drive them back further than 5 feet.

Swing and a Miss: The wielder of a ball and chain understands the conservation of momentum and how to use it in combat. The wielder of a Ball after missing with an attack roll may immediately reroll the attack at the same bonus but at a -5 penalty. This counts as one of their attacks of opportunity for the round.

Spinning Momentum: By spending a move action to gain momentum the wielder of a Ball & Chain may improve the damage die type, critical range, and multiplier of his weapon by 1. This bonus does stack with other means of critical multiplication like Improved Critical or Impact. He may do this for a maximum of three move actions. After which there is no benefit, though the momentum may be maintained. For each action beyond the first, they must succeed a DC 12+1 for each round beyond the second Concentration Check or Reflex save or loose all the momentum and fall prone. This bonus lasts for one attack after the last action spent building momentum, regardless of whether it hits or not.

Special: A fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.