PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Jewelry?

Yogibear41
2014-01-05, 01:52 AM
Are there DCs list anywhere for creating jewelry with Craft: Jewelry or something of the like?

Say you had some gold and wanted to melt it down and craft it into a bracelet or something to either wear, sell, or maybe even give as a gift to that special someone.

unseenmage
2014-01-05, 03:53 AM
Crafting Jewelery would be a mundane craft check governed by the Craft skill.

That said there is a chart with Jewelery by price in the Arms and Equipment Guide.

Just plug their prices into the Craft skill equation and off you go.

Yogibear41
2014-01-05, 09:35 AM
I'm not familiar with the craft skill equation for determining the skill check DC to make them only the equation where you multiply this by that and compare it to the base price to see how fast you can make the item.

Deophaun
2014-01-05, 11:23 AM
He's referring to the DCs for making very-simple, typical, high-quality, and complex or superior items. Jewelry is probably either high-quality or complex/superior, so either DC 15 or DC 20, depending on what you're going for.

unseenmage
2014-01-05, 03:20 PM
Here's the notes I keep with my Artificer characters. I hope they help somehow.

Cost to Craft Mundane Item (gp) = Market Price / 3
Time to Craft Mundane Item (in weeks) = (Craft Check * DC)>= (Market Price * 10)
Time to Craft Mundane Item (in days) = (Craft Check * DC)>= (Market Price * 100)

(If the result * the DC doesn't equal the price, then it represents the progress you've made this week. Record the result and make a new Craft check for the next week. Each week, you make more progress until your total reaches the price of the item in silver pieces.)

Vaz
2017-03-19, 01:21 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/craft.htm

Typical Item = DC10
High Quality = DC15
Complex = DC20

End product item cost in gp * 10 = item cost in SP

First week pay 1/3rd cost in raw materials. Make craft check with the DC as appropriate. Multiply DC by check result is successful. When item cost in SP is equal to or greater than the sum of each weeks' DC*Check Result, item is made.

Eg, making a high quality gold ring worth 100gp Gp, = 1000 target. Week 1, spend 33gp, 3 silver and 4 copper on raw materials. Roll craft check (add Int and appropriate bonuses). For example you have a Craft check of +20 and roll a 10, getting a 30, giving you 450sp towards end value, needed 550sp more.

Week 2, you make another check. If you roll a 37 or higher, you will make the requisite Amount to make the item within 2 weeks.

Can choose to make multiple low cost items in a week with copper based craft checks, or more expensive items otherwise using gold (such as poison).

Telonius
2017-03-19, 11:44 PM
Also helpful to crafting, assuming you can reliably make the DC:

You may voluntarily add +10 to the indicated DC to craft an item. This allows you to create the item more quickly (since you’ll be multiplying this higher DC by your Craft check result to determine progress). You must decide whether to increase the DC before you make each weekly or daily check.