PDA

View Full Version : Remember Living Greyhawk? Got a question.

Red Machine D
2014-01-05, 03:40 AM
I'm trying to compile a master archive of Living Greyhawk data, and I'm stumped with regards to collecting modules.

With Living Greyhawk and the RPGA being abandoned outright by WotC, how does that leave the copyright status of Living Greyhawk modules? Were there any copyrights within the modules themselves aside from non-OGL content?

If they are indeed no longer or were never copywritten, is there a repository for them, or any other hard-to-find Living Greyhawk data?

edit: Canonfire! turned up an interesting tidbit where Years 1 and 2 were WOTC property and everything afterwards was okay. So, no years 1 or 2, please.

Keld Denar
2014-01-05, 02:35 PM
AFAIK, all copyright information from a module transferred from co-owned by WotC and the author to solely owned by WotC once the mod expired from official play. Since all mods are officially expired from play (given that LG has been dead for 5 years), all rights would belong soundly with WotC and use in anything would require negotiations with them. I'm not entirely sure, but I think that includes simple distribution. That is what I assume is the current state of affairs based on what I've gleaned from other sources. I may be wrong. When in doubt, assume the worst without legal counsel.

As with everything else on this board, further discussion of legal matters or advise is verbotten (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=59&a=1). Nobody but a lawyer will be able to give you counsel on use or publication or distribution or anything else WRT non-OGL content. Good luck.