PDA

View Full Version : Low Op Party Needs Help

Osiris
2014-01-05, 09:19 AM
We have a very small D&D group, usually 3 people. We have a Factotum (me), a Sorcerer, and a Paladin. We need good tactics or we are going to die.
ME: important stats 18 int, I'm a grey elf. Thinking of studded leather. Maybe a Glaive, Mage Slayer, improved trip, and I become a caster slayer, dunno. Current feat is font of inspiration (but can change). Sorc's spells are undecided. Paladin's prob gonna be a tank. First bit of money's going into probably a healing belt.

Any help?

shadow_archmagi
2014-01-05, 10:35 AM
We have a very small D&D group, usually 3 people. We have a Factotum (me), a Sorcerer, and a Paladin. We need good tactics or we are going to die.
ME: important stats 18 int, I'm a grey elf. Thinking of studded leather. Maybe a Glaive, Mage Slayer, improved trip, and I become a caster slayer, dunno. Current feat is font of inspiration (but can change). Sorc's spells are undecided. Paladin's prob gonna be a tank. First bit of money's going into probably a healing belt.

Any help?

I'm not sure what you mean by tactics- tactics will emerge based on the exact nature of everyone's build. I also don't know what level you are, which is hugely important.

That said, Grease makes enemies flatfooted, so you can have your sorcerer cast Grease to make targets vulnerable to your Iajutsu Focus/Sneak Attack.

Tanglefoot Bags can be helpful for preventing distance enemies from approaching.

sideswipe
2014-01-05, 10:43 AM
what level are you?

Knowledge devotion for a factotum is nice with a lot of skill points put them into Knowledge's for common encounters.
You make a knowledge check and then gain bonuses against the target.
Knowledge devotion is in complete champion pg.60.

this will help stack damage without inspiration points

Osiris
2014-01-06, 05:05 PM
Grease is a fine idea, as are tanglefoot bags, but what is Iaijutsu focus?

I could become a mage-slayer, with Mageslayer, Improved Trip, and a reach weapon. Maybe some sort of fear-stacking.

What I mean is, what can I do to make encounters on out ground so we won't all die, because as you can see, we have NO HEALER.

I can't think of anything at the present time, can the Playground help me out here?

Callin
2014-01-06, 05:22 PM
If possible soften target up with ranged first while staying out of charge range but to where you can get to the target next round easy. Not everyone has to do this. Flanking and position will be key as well. You want flanks but you dont want to end up surrounded.

Battlefield control can and will help with that. So less blasting from the sorc and more isolating baddies should be his job.

Captnq
2014-01-06, 05:24 PM
HERE (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=11953.msg204497#msg204497).

I swear. I start to feel like a broken record sometimes.

dascarletm
2014-01-06, 05:26 PM
Is there anything you are going to fight in particular?

Is this game currently running, and you are stuck in a situation, it seems like you are making your characters.

Unless you are running a certain module, or the DM has said, you will be fighting X, you may not be so SOL.

Get some means of escaping situations, don't go into somewhere "blind," and try to be prepared for situations once they arise.

Sith_Happens
2014-01-06, 05:26 PM
What sorts of encounters have you been encountering and/or expect to be up against? That's probably the most important part.

Osiris
2014-01-06, 06:45 PM
The game hasn't started yet, but we're so underpowered, I think we're going to die in the first combat.

Captnq, it doesn't work, can't get a download. What is it?