PDA

View Full Version : Selecting planes for planar shepherd/planar bubble

Irk
2014-01-05, 03:52 PM
I know that Dal Quor is typically the best thanks to the 10:1 round ratio with the material plane, but wouldn't Xoriat be even better? it offers 1 hour per material plane minute, so you'd get 60 rounds per round I think? Are there any better ones?

Failed Phantasm
2014-01-05, 04:19 PM
Lamannia and Shavarath are both fairly good, largely because of the sheer number of creatures that live on both planes that you can then Wild Shape into, but choosing one of them them is less likely to get a book thrown at you.

However, if you DM will tolerate you playing with time, then it's pretty hard to beat Xoriat or Dal Quor.

Flickerdart
2014-01-05, 05:35 PM
I know that Dal Quor is typically the best thanks to the 10:1 round ratio with the material plane, but wouldn't Xoriat be even better? it offers 1 hour per material plane minute, so you'd get 60 rounds per round I think? Are there any better ones?
Do you really need that many rounds to defeat your enemies, though?

sleepyphoenixx
2014-01-05, 05:42 PM
There are other strong choices but none that are better. Playing with time in that way is pretty unique as far as i know.
Other options are planes with strong outsiders (Angels or Eladrin typically have a lot of strong SLAs) or with planar traits that enhance your magic.

Big Fau
2014-01-05, 07:29 PM

It does, but Dal Quor also offers every creature that dreams for your Wild Shape.

Aliek
2014-01-05, 08:03 PM
Didn't time actually go slower in Xoriat? As in, 60 rounds outside the bubble for 1 inside?