PDA

View Full Version : Cult of Bel PRC?

CyberThread
2014-01-05, 09:11 PM
So .... I know it is not oversight just due to how small of a following he has, but what sort of traits do you think a PRC dedicated towards Bel, would have?

The Oni
2014-01-05, 10:07 PM
Decent melee ability and a tactician role, I think. Bel's not especially fond of magic, so any cleric-like effects they had would serve an auxiliary role. Buffing and coordinating troops, sending messages, etc. Effects that are useful, but are never a cornerstone of offense or defense.

I would also include abilities that emphasize strict mental discipline/self-improvement, since Bel worked his way up (down?) the proverbial corporate ladder, and also probably initiative bonuses. Possibly an ability that prevents enemies from moving. Bel rules the first layer and is the first line of defense for Baator, so it's likely his Cult will be first-to-fight, last-to-leave.

To be honest I can't help but feel they'd be like evil versions of Marines. The best of the worst, as the case might be.

CyberThread
2014-01-06, 01:53 AM
Your thinking something like a marshal abilities/weapon focus-crit focus / maybe DR gaining mixture?

Coidzor
2014-01-06, 02:55 AM
Decent melee ability and a tactician role, I think. Bel's not especially fond of magic, so any cleric-like effects they had would serve an auxiliary role. Buffing and coordinating troops, sending messages, etc. Effects that are useful, but are never a cornerstone of offense or defense.

I would also include abilities that emphasize strict mental discipline/self-improvement, since Bel worked his way up (down?) the proverbial corporate ladder, and also probably initiative bonuses. Possibly an ability that prevents enemies from moving. Bel rules the first layer and is the first line of defense for Baator, so it's likely his Cult will be first-to-fight, last-to-leave.

To be honest I can't help but feel they'd be like evil versions of Marines. The best of the worst, as the case might be.

Marines + Marshal + D&D. you say? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186681) A PrC that gives some of this or progresses this sort of thing seems like it might have potential.