PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a dancer class

Pilo
2014-01-06, 06:07 AM
Hello,

In a campaign I DM, one of my player wants a war dancer class (a character that fight while dancing).

I'm aware of the Melanari and Basirian Dancer classes from Kingdom of Kalamar and I am looking for something more combat oriented.

Any ideas please?

A.A.King
2014-01-06, 06:18 AM
Pretty sure that the "Battle Dancer" from Dragon Compendium is just the thing

PurpleSocks
2014-01-06, 06:19 AM
Battledancer from dragon compendium is exactly what you are looking for although It works best as a dip as its kind of a dancing monk.

Personally I would go bard (perform dance), taking snowflake wardance (charisma to hit) wielding crystal echoblades (half bard level to damage) maybe with a 1 level dip in battledancer (charisma to AC).

DarkSonic1337
2014-01-06, 06:31 AM
Don't forget to add one level of Spelldancer so you can dance to get free metamagic :p (don't really do this. The prereqs are terrible and for most metamagics it's a tremendous waste of actions).

Pilo
2014-01-06, 07:46 AM
Battle dancer seems nice, thanks everyone.

However if there is any other idea, I will look at them too. The party is mid op though.

Nirhael
2014-01-06, 07:54 AM
There's also the Dervish from Complete Warrior, it's a Prestige Class with quite a few entry requirements though.

Dr. Azkur
2014-01-06, 07:57 AM
I made a Fighter 4/Barbarian 2/Swordsage 2/Dervish 10/Swordsage 2 for one of my players. Most potent PC my hordes of destruction ever had to deal with.

Dervish is your way to go.

KnotKnormal
2014-01-06, 08:01 AM
Dervish the prestige class from class from CW has a lot of pre-reqs, but it's a lot of nice benefits, and depending on the level of your character you are going to want the required feats anyway.

Metahuman1
2014-01-06, 08:04 AM
Personally, I'd suggest the Binder form Tome of Magic. Bind Paimon.

Everything else you do with your Vestiges/feats is Icing on the cake after that.

Dr. Azkur
2014-01-06, 09:01 AM

Everything else you do with your Vestiges/feats is Icing on the cake after that.

I always wanted to make a character solely based on binding Savnok and Eurynome. Probably not the most optimal, definitely the coolest. (POWER ARMOR. ACTIVATE!)

Metahuman1
2014-01-06, 10:09 AM
Oh, and I almost forgot, don't forget the Knight of the Sacred Seal Prestige Class to go with it.

manyslayer
2014-01-06, 12:28 PM
My wife is currently playing a battledancer/unarmed swordsage/dervish. She has a lot of fun with the build and ignores any terrain/threatened squares to bound about the field to smack her target of choice.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-01-06, 12:43 PM

May I present you, the Dancer's Daughter, Dulcinea (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9321125&postcount=154) by OMG PONIES

Person_Man
2014-01-06, 12:48 PM
Perform (Dance) is a perfectly acceptable and RAW option for the Bard. Snowflake Wardance (Cha to-hit, Frostburn) specifically requires it. And a Bard is going to give the player a lot more options then a Battle Dancer or Dervish.

Telonius
2014-01-06, 12:55 PM
There's a "Cloaked Dancer" PrC in Complete Scoundrel. Kind of lackluster, since the save DCs are based on levels in the PrC (and it's a 5-level class), but you might be able to make something out of it. One interesting bit is that it grants Sudden Strike (same as Ninja), so it might qualify you for some Ambush feats.

Prime32
2014-01-06, 02:05 PM
Perform (Dance) is a perfectly acceptable and RAW option for the Bard. Snowflake Wardance (Cha to-hit, Frostburn) specifically requires it. And a Bard is going to give the player a lot more options then a Battle Dancer or Dervish.There's always the "Lord of the Dance" build. Play a swordsage or warblade, dip bard for the lv1 spell undersong (make Perform checks in place of Concentration checks), then spam Diamond Mind maneuvers. You can substitute Perform (dance) checks for AC, saving throws and damage rolls.

Oh, and throw in Snowflake Wardance (mentioned above) + Song of the White Raven (warblade levels stack for Inspire Courage, begin Inspire Courage as a swift action) while you're at it.

Dr. Azkur
2014-01-06, 02:16 PM
Perform (Dance) is a perfectly acceptable and RAW option for the Bard. Snowflake Wardance (Cha to-hit, Frostburn) specifically requires it. And a Bard is going to give the player a lot more options then a Battle Dancer or Dervish.

Not quite mutually exclusive

Dusk Eclipse
2014-01-06, 02:36 PM
Dervish main draw (moving+full attacking) got completely upstaged by easy access to pounce. And to be perfectly honest if I am going to dip for cha to AC I'd dip monk and get ascetic mage, they have tons of nifty ACF and the bonus feats can be really good depending on what you are going to build (if martial monk is allowed then it is even better).