PDA

View Full Version : Whalicus vs. Golnamoth (The Crowd Calls for Blood)

OMG PONIES
2014-01-06, 07:59 AM
The crowd is in an uproar as the two contestants are brought into the arena and unshackled in their opposing corners. The gigantic gates behind each of them would usually close with a deafening din of metal and stone, but any sound the gates would make is drowned out by those seeking entertainment. Both of them knew to expect this, but actually experiencing it was something else entirely. As the two fighters prepare to defend their lives, Whalicus is the first of the blocks. Some in the crowd cheer for their champion, but others hiss and boo, wanting to see him knocked off the throne as quickly as he took it.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/148/76v5.jpg

Whalicus, you're up! Failure to respond by 1/11/14 will result in holding your initiative. If you can't get up an IC post by then, just check in to let us know.

Initiative Rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16734950&postcount=901)

@smasher0404:
Please don't forget the 4 force damage taken in Fight 1 vs. Kristoff. Please update your current HP on your sheet ASAP.

Please DO forget it. Healed in the last fight via Martial Spirit.

smasher0404
2014-01-06, 10:26 AM
@dm
whalicus shouldnt have any damage because he healed using martial spirit during the full attack (i apologize for lack of formatting and grammar I'm typing from my cell)

OMG PONIES
2014-01-06, 12:39 PM
@smasher0404:
Mea culpa, I forgot about that.

smasher0404
2014-01-06, 02:45 PM
Whalicus rushes yet again out of the starting area shouting "WHALICUS THE STRONGEST THERE IS!I WILL CRUSH YOU WITH MANLY RAGE!ARRRRR!"

Actions:
Free Action:Draw Greatsword
Standard and Move Action: Double move to T8
Swift:Reassume Martial Spirit Stance if not already assumed
[roll0]
[roll1] (If maneuver is already granted use one higher with 5 looping back to 1)
Granted:
1.Stone Vise
2.Charging Minotaur
Readied:

3.Crusader's Strike
4.Battle Leader's Charge
5.Vanguard Strike

Expended:
None! (Yay)

noparlpf
2014-01-08, 03:12 PM
(OOC: Sorry for the delay in posting, I must have forgotten to subscribe.)

Golnamoth steps forward and draws his sword, a massive blade as big as most grown men. He shouts back, "You think you're so strong? I've fought bigger! Come and try me!"

Move to E-16, drawing his sword as a free action during the move. Ready an action to rage and attack if Whalicus gets to 10' away.

smasher0404
2014-01-08, 03:58 PM
Whalicus Continues to rush shouting with even more manly rage "Ha Puny Man think he can best Whalicus, Puny Man more Foolish than Previously Thought!"

Standard and Move Action Double Move to T16
[roll0]
Granted:
Stone Vise
Charging Minotaur
1.Crusader's Strike
Readied:

2.Battle Leader's Charge
3.Vanguard Strike

Expended:
None! (Yay)

OMG PONIES
2014-01-09, 07:58 AM
The two fighters posture and shout at each other, and all the egging on gets the crowd going. All of the yelling causes them to make a din of their own, and the entire arena is bristling with sound.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6492/iwq7.jpg

noparlpf
2014-01-09, 11:08 AM
"Let's see who's puny now!" Golnamoth calls back. He seems to double in size as he charges forward, roaring.

Free action: Rage. As a Goliath, this means I become Large.
Special Action: Charge to intersection P/Q-16/17 and attempt to sunder Whalicus' weapon.
[roll0] (I'm ignoring the +4 for my size because we're both Large.)
Deal [roll1] damage.

smasher0404
2014-01-09, 11:17 AM
Whalicus Screeches at the attempt at sundering Whalicus' weapon

Attack of Opportunity:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Opposed Sunder Roll [roll2]
Weapon isn't destroyed either way (will post remainging hp when i have a chance

Full Attack(Attack/Damage)
Attack 1:[roll3]
Damage 1:[roll4]
Attack 2:[roll5]
Damage2:[roll6]

Manuvers to be updated later

smasher0404
2014-01-09, 08:57 PM
[roll0]
Granted:
Stone Vise
Charging Minotaur
Crusader's Strike
1.Battle Leader's Charge
Readied:

2.Vanguard Strike

Expended:
None! (Yay)

noparlpf
2014-01-10, 11:27 AM
Attack of Opportunity

Oh yeah, I have Improved Sunder, so no AoO.

Golnamoth is down 45hp.

Growling incoherently, Golnamoth swings at Whalicus' sword again.

Another sunder attempt: [roll0] (still omitting the +4 for size as we're both Large)
Damage: [roll1]

smasher0404
2014-01-10, 04:05 PM
Anti-Sunder Check [roll0] (cmon natural 20!)

5/20 hp remaining

Whalicus screams "You Dare Attempt to break Whalicus' sword!"

Full Attack!
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Question: Can I use Martial Spirit to heal my weapon?(Worth a shot at asking :smalltongue:)

Granted:
Stone Vise
Charging Minotaur
Crusader's Strike
1.Battle Leader's Charge
2.Vanguard Strike
Readied:

Expended:
None! (Yay)

noparlpf
2014-01-10, 07:53 PM
Golnamoth is down 78. He's not looking too good. He growls something and you can make out the words "SMASH" and "PUNY SWORD" and "FACE".

And trying again:

Sunder attempt: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

smasher0404
2014-01-10, 10:56 PM
Whalicus shouts, tears pouring out of his eyes, "YOU! BROKE! MY! SWORD!" Thrashing out with his tail

Full Attack With Tail Attack

Attack 1:[roll0]
[roll1]
Attack 2:[roll2]
[roll3]

Granted:
Stone Vise
Charging Minotaur
Crusader's Strike
1.Battle Leader's Charge
2.Vanguard Strike
Readied:

Expended:
None! (Yay)

OMG PONIES
2014-01-11, 10:40 AM
@smasher0404:
Since the tail attack is a natural attack, you don't gain iterative attacks with it. Even still, your first attack with it put down your opponent.

Whalicus squeals the song of his people as his weapon is shattered by Golnamoth. However, he's got more than his sword to fight for him. He spins around, slapping Golnamoth upside the head with his tail. The goliath's skull cracks as he lands on the stone floor, and the stony warrior slowly bleeds to death.

Whalicus wins!