PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] [Dragonlance] Help with a Daegar Rogue build

Euan
2014-01-06, 11:58 AM
One of my friendly neighbourhood GMs has invited me to join a Dragonlance game he's starting in the next few weeks, so I'm putting together a character for it. He's using some slightly unorthodox rules for character gen though, which I'll detail in a moment. Character-wise, I'm going for a thuggish sort of rogue, who uses something a bit meatier than a dagger to bring the pain train, and dipping a level into barbarian to help with that flavour ("Hm, seems this door's beyond me skill... But no necessarily me ability - stan' back." ~rage~ ~smash~) and push base speed up 10' to match the rest of the party. Sources permitted are Core and Dragonlance (so I can't go the Craven route, or the Sneak Attack On Crit route either).

We each start with 10,000 XP and 25 ability points. Ability scores start at 8 for 0 spend, go point for point to 14, then 2 points/point for 15/16, 3 points/point for 17/18, capping at 18 for starting. We can get up to 8 additional ability points for 500 XP each. I've gone for all 8. Also, by playing a Daegar (one of the Dark Dwarf races), I have a mandatory flaw of Banished - ones we take known up front give us 500 XP (we can take unknown ones for 1000 XP gain, but I'm choosing not to). This leaves me with 6500 XP. Magic items are bought by paying their gold cost in XP. Mundane and masterwork items I need to check on, so for now am assuming the same.

Here's how my build stands at present:
STAT: Bought value (Racial mod) = Final Value
STR: 17 (0) = 17
DEX: 15 (0) = 15
CON: 10 (+2) = 12
INT: 10 (0) = 10
WIS: 10 (0) = 10
CHA: 14 (-4) = 10

Rogue 3/Barbarian 1

Putting the 4th level Ability point into STR to push it up to 18.

Feat-wise, Two Weapon Fighting and Weapon Focus (Waraxe, Dwarven).

Equipment, Dwarven Waraxe main hand and Dagger offhand with Studded Leather Armour.

As for skills, I'll be maxing out Intimidate, and otherwise going heavy on Spot, Listen, Move Silently, and Hide. Not sure beyond that.

So, thoughts? Critiques? Suggestions for skills? Anything I should change?

Euan
2014-01-06, 05:54 PM
My apologies, I completely forgot earlier - Daegar vary from PHB Dwarves as follows:
+2 Constitution, -4 Charisma
120 feet Darkvision
+2 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, and Move Silently checks
Light Sensitivity: -2 circumstance penalty on attack rolls, saves, and checks in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell
Favored Class: Rogue

In all other regards they're like any other PHB dwarf.