PDA

View Full Version : Vadis' Spanking Hand [spell]

Magnus_Samma
2007-01-20, 08:12 PM
I created this for my campaign- Vadis refers to Gaudemus Vadis, a prominent figure in the campaign world with an interesting sense of humor. I created the spell with the intention of making it fairly inane but potentially useful if applied creatively. Anyone have any ideas for other uses one could have for a disembodied hand that spanks things?

Vadis' Spanking Hand

Evocation [Force]
Level: Sor/Wiz 0, Bard 0
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: One creature within range
Effect: 1 hand
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell creates a hand composed of magical force that appears directly behind the target, strikes them smartly across the buttocks, and then promptly dissapears. This serves little real purpose outside of humiliating the target, but it does make it difficult for enemy mages to cast spells (force a concentration check if they are not already making one, increase DC by +2). Since the spell causes a loud smacking noise, and causes most subjects to yelp involuntarily, it ruins the target's attempts to remain hidden or undetected. It also has a tendency to really piss women off.

Edit: You're right, it SHOULD be a bard spell. Also removed the verbal component, because making an appropriate gesture could be incriminating enough. ;)

Toric
2007-01-21, 12:32 AM
A slap across the face for a particularly ugly orc?

mikeejimbo
2007-01-21, 12:47 AM
One word: Hot.

Magnus_Samma
2007-01-21, 01:18 AM
I'm glad you approve. XD

magic8BALL
2007-01-21, 01:49 AM
...a decent bluff, followed by a sleight of hand.

The bard is in a fairly bussy tavern...
*spank*
"Who was that..?"*turns around*
*take wallet, utalise 30ft movement speed*

Aww... what? Not a Bard spell? Brd 1 please! Please...?

mikeejimbo
2007-01-21, 01:52 AM
It should so be a Bard spell. On many levels.

And also in a new domain, but I don't know what I'd call it to imply what I wanted to...

magic8BALL
2007-01-21, 01:59 AM
In a domain...? But its only a cantrip...!

...nah good point... a gnome cleric of good ol' Garl should cast this at some point in their life...

Mike_Lemmer
2007-01-21, 02:07 AM
How about just [CENSORED]? I think that implies everything you want it to.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-21, 10:56 AM
How about just [CENSORED]? I think that implies everything you want it to.

Excellent. The [CENSORED] domain.

Athenodorus
2007-01-21, 11:31 AM
I want this spell.