PDA

View Full Version : Improvised Weapons

GhengisConrad
2014-01-06, 12:24 PM
From the Drunken Master.

So.... I have claws, and plan on using kicks as well... Can you think of some kind of improvised weapon that would work well for my kick? Most good kicking actually uses the shin, as your foot is small and filled with many breakable bones.

Right now I'm imagining just shoving a butcher knife threw the front side of my shoe.

But meh. Gotta love free extra 1d4 damage.

Metahuman1
2014-01-06, 12:27 PM
Hit him with an improvise weapon in your hands that you swing around so that your regularly changing which hand it's in, thus allowing you to go improvised weapon, claw, kick, claw.

GhengisConrad
2014-01-06, 07:30 PM
"A drunken master's improvised weapon deals as much damage as his unarmed strike plus an extra 1d4 points"

my god, you may be right! really? You think? wait, I don't think I can do that... can I?

Can I use an improvised weapon that isn't in my hand for my primary attack, and then my claws, and my kick (a natural weapon with monk) as a secondary attack? Is that... a thing?

Snowbluff
2014-01-06, 07:32 PM
How about some buckets? Or just use shoes as an "improvise weapon."

GhengisConrad
2014-01-06, 07:37 PM
How about some buckets? Or just use shoes as an "improvise weapon."

Buckets! That's a neat idea, although not so sexy visually (some guy with a bucket of sand hanging on his waist or something). Awkward = good.

I think at this point, the very exciting RAW question is if I can use an improvised weapon that isn't in my hand for my primary attack, and then my claws, and my kick (a natural weapon with monk) as a secondary attack? Is that... a thing?

Would a monk/drunken master with claws have... 3 attacks?