PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Super Heroes RPG + Dresden Files City Creation Online?

JetpackJimmy
2014-01-06, 08:46 PM
I'm a RPG fan, and I am setting up a Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game online. A few questions: :smallsmile:

1. Is this going to be easy?

2. What would you recommend? I'm planning to use roll20 and facetime.

3. Would using the Dresden Files RPG's city creation work?

4. Could the system be used in a Dresden Files-like way? I like the books, but was highly underwhelmed with the RPG.

Miscellanious tips welcome! Thanks for being so kind!

Grod_The_Giant
2014-01-06, 09:20 PM
2. What would you recommend? I'm planning to use roll20 and facetime.
Roll20 works pretty well. Be sure to practice/make maps ahead of time; it takes a while to draw even a crude sketch, sometimes.

The basic ideas are pretty system-neutral, so you should be fine.

4. Could the system be used in a Dresden Files-like way? I like the books, but was highly underwhelmed with the RPG.
The action scenes from the book are pretty super-hero-y, as are the characters-- they tend to rely on a few tricks each. I know I could run Dresden Files in Mutants and Masterminds... I don't know the system you're planning on using, but I doubt you'll have too much trouble.

Jlerpy
2014-01-08, 12:03 AM

I think so, although that does lend itself to factional development more than just a general vibe. It depends what you want out of it.

Probably. I'd be more inclined to use Smallville, but I recognise that I'm in the minority.