PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Warrior type

Jamin
2007-01-20, 10:05 PM
Mine is the fighter or maybe the paladin. But I want to know what you guys think.

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2007-01-20, 10:39 PM
Why no swashbuckler?

Zincorium
2007-01-20, 10:50 PM
Why no swashbuckler?

I think they're going for core classes, seeing as hexblade, samurai, knight and duskblade are also not on the list.

Personally, I like barbarians. More skill points, you turn into a killing machine a few times a day and are a pretty decent combatant the rest of the time, you get damage reduction, and it's got some very cool prestige classes (bear warrior FTW!).

averagejoe
2007-01-20, 10:55 PM
I like monks, but I just have to stick with the barbarian. You gotta love the guys who are all about the smashy smash. Plus the whole concept. I mean, they're barbaric. They're the guys who go to a fancy party and, upon the salad being served, they look at all the different forks and finally choose the greataxe.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-01-20, 10:57 PM
Paladin, entirely for flavor. Sure, some people might argue that the fighter is more powerful and if I really still wanted the flavor, I could put half my levels into cleric. Well...

I love magic horses.

Glyde
2007-01-20, 11:06 PM
I like monks, but I just have to stick with the barbarian. You gotta love the guys who are all about the smashy smash. Plus the whole concept. I mean, they're barbaric. They're the guys who go to a fancy party and, upon the salad being served, they look at all the different forks and finally choose the greataxe.

Off topic, but you have the best avatar on the boards.

On topic: My favorite has to be barbarian, because they're fun to play. Paladins are fun to role play though, so it's a tie.

Neon Knight
2007-01-20, 11:14 PM
I love fighters. Because a fighter can really represent any type of warrior, from a Roman Legionnaire to a Samurai. How can you argue with flexibility like that?

magic8BALL
2007-01-20, 11:14 PM
It's got to be the Barbarian... with a four level dip into Fighter, all three levels of Exotic Weapon Master, and then all the way with Frenzied Bezerker... everyone loves the "immune to death by hit point damage while in frenzy" you get at level four of that baby!

Also, the whole "kill first, ask questions...um..." attitude.

shaka gl
2007-01-21, 12:06 AM
I like Rangers... my favorite class along with the Paladin flavor-wise (within the fighters...Wizards have my heart)...

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-21, 12:11 AM
I love my totally underpowered monks.

Ashes
2007-01-21, 12:12 AM
I voted Ranger, as I'd love to love them. It's just that they're kinda bad, and very set in stone. The customization is nearly nil. Bothers me quite a bit. So most often, it comes to Fighter/Rogues.

Everyman
2007-01-21, 12:29 AM
Actually, I have to favor the barbarian for many of the same reasons others have listed. Full BAB, the best HD in the game, and decent saves (they do get bonuses to Will saves when raging) make them great in battle, plus they get 4+ skill points. I crave skill points, so most other classes do not get much thought from me.

My only other alternative is ranger, but they walk the line between skill monkey and warrior, so I won't vote for them.

EDIT: I just noticed that fighters are currently leading the board as I write this. Interesting, since I read so many "fighters suck" threads. :smallsmile:

mikeejimbo
2007-01-21, 12:34 AM
What, no cleric with a War domain? That would be mine.

Jack_of_Spades
2007-01-21, 12:41 AM
My favorite warrior type is a multiclassed Barbarian/Fighter.

He's great all the itme, but sometimes he just gets...pushed...too...far.
Then he gets pissed and kills everything.

Aximili
2007-01-21, 12:43 AM
Fighters, always fighters. I'm simply feat-addicted. The doctor said I have to treat it, or I'll never be able to play other classes again.

Sadly, I'm also skill adicted, but I manage to get around it with inteligence and human blood. =/

Ali
2007-01-21, 08:29 AM
I like fighters. A fighter with a high charisma is probably my favorite type of character.

InaVegt
2007-01-21, 08:34 AM
I personally like martial adepts, I hate all core warrior classes with a burning passion though.

Thomas
2007-01-21, 08:40 AM
Paladin. (Prestige into Pious Templar, obviously.) Kick ass. I like using the substitution levels in Champions of Valor, too.

Khantalas
2007-01-21, 05:52 PM
Out of those given? Ranger. Out of all classes around. I'd say Swordsage.

I have many many manuevers. Sure, I have average BAB, but my strikes require skill checks! Woo!

Maclav
2007-01-21, 06:14 PM
ToB is make with cool.

Deathcow
2007-01-21, 06:33 PM
Underpowered though they may be, I like monks. My next character is going to be a monk/wizard/enlightened fist.

"Depend not on weapons and armor, young grasshopper, but only on the power of your mind and the strength of your body. And also, once per day, on your spellbook."

Yuki Akuma
2007-01-21, 06:34 PM
Swordsage.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-21, 07:25 PM
Underpowered though they may be, I like monks. My next character is going to be a monk/wizard/enlightened fist.

My group tends to think a well-built monk is balanced, especially at higher levels.

Actually, some of us think it's overpowered at those levels and underpowered a bit earlier. I'm not one of them, I like the idea of monks.

Maybe I could play one and take my Homebrew PrC, the Monkey Master!

zachol
2007-01-21, 09:05 PM
I really like the Ranger class.

I have a... thing about skills, and Rangers have a nice variety of abilities not directly linked to combat.