PDA

View Full Version : An even SILLIER poll: I like/dislike Miko and I am male/female

theKOT
2007-01-20, 10:43 PM
Okay, since it is really fun to find out the demographics most conducive for miko fandom, I have started yet another poll and thread about Miko. This is not to bash or generalize, this is just to get a feel for when the Miko fanclub begins our hypnocampaign the composition of the group crazy enough to call themselves Miko fans.

TinSoldier
2007-01-20, 10:47 PM
You know me. My gender is male, and I like Miko.

Brickwall
2007-01-20, 11:14 PM
This has shown that there are not many females on these boards. Which we already knew.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-20, 11:23 PM
I think Miko's pretty cool. I used to dislike her, but there's an OOTS Showdown (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30929) thread in the SMBG where I'm controlling Miko, and I've started really liking her because of it.

Mawhrin Skel
2007-01-21, 12:06 AM
We need more girls here I think.

Aiani
2007-01-21, 12:10 AM
I voted that I like Miko because I do like her as a character. I'm not sure how well I would get along with someone like her in real life though.

Brickwall
2007-01-21, 12:15 AM
I'm not sure how well I would get along with someone like her in real life though.

I'm afraid that that's what the poll is asking. At least, I assume so, since it appears to be following in the vein of all the other similar polls which ask that.

Jannex
2007-01-21, 12:20 AM
*is a girl*

*is not fond of Miko*

This is not to say that I don't appreciate the role that Miko plays in the story, or that I wish her removed from it. It takes skill to write a character that produces any strong emotion in the reader, be it positive or negative. I see her as an antagonist, the sort that the reader "loves to hate." She plays a valuable role in the story--if only to make me more fond of Belkar. :smallwink:

Aiani
2007-01-21, 12:29 AM
I'm afraid that that's what the poll is asking. At least, I assume so, since it appears to be following in the vein of all the other similar polls which ask that.

I admit I wasn't sure which way to vote and I just went with like mostly because I don't hate Miko and I do think she makes a good character. I wish there was an option for people who like Miko as a character.

Don Julio Anejo
2007-01-21, 12:48 AM
The one thing that is pretty clear from the last two Miko polls is that this forum is full of older men..

Setra
2007-01-21, 12:57 AM
There should be an 'other' option. I like Miko, I am male, I wish I was a female, and have other Gender issues.

theKOT
2007-01-21, 01:29 AM
No....
That's not the description. Getting along with someone if you are forced to directly interact with them is different from liking them. That's being compatible which, unlike dating services will tell you, is not the same thing as liking someone although they frequently intersect.

There should be an 'other' option. I like Miko, I am male, I wish I was a female, and have other Gender issues.
But you are still male, thus an "other" option is pointless. Granted, there are exceptions like hermaphrodites, but I thought that too many people with an actual gender might vote other, therefor polluting the data

Setra
2007-01-21, 03:42 AM
But you are still male, thus an "other" option is pointless. Granted, there are exceptions like hermaphrodites, but I thought that too many people with an actual gender might vote other, therefor polluting the data

True, but I think an 'Other' option would also be quite humorous. If nothing else, it could be for people who cannot decide if they like Miko.

kismetrose
2007-01-21, 05:50 AM
I'm female and I can't stand Miko. As in, I read the strip less when she was in it. I know she'll probably be back but I don't look forward to it.

InaVegt
2007-01-21, 06:28 AM
I actually like Miko a fair bit, she's a fleshed out character and the perfect poorly roleplayed Paladin. Even so, she still has emotions and can feel love, something I've seen better roleplayed paladins lack.

Amon Star
2007-01-21, 06:35 AM
YAY!!! ANOTHER :miko: POLL!!!

I'm male and I like her.

This has shown that there are not many females on these boards. Which we already knew.

Or that they aren't into polls.

The one thing that is pretty clear from the last two Miko polls is that this forum is full of older men..

Or that it's mostly older men that do polls.

Ceska
2007-01-21, 06:43 AM
I like her but if she was a man and in front of me I'd probably polish her (or in this case his) face once in a while.

She's one of these 'I would understand why they do what they do and they even are sympathic for me, but nevertheless their action is absolutly stupid and unacceptable'.

r23r5
2007-01-21, 08:35 AM
what does male female have anything to do with it???

David94
2007-01-21, 09:44 AM
Oh, it has a lot to do with it. Depends...

Maurog
2007-01-21, 10:02 AM
Good luck finding enough females who care about the subject to have even minimal statistical accuracy.

the_tick_rules
2007-01-21, 11:54 AM
well played maurog, well played.

Coffee_Dragon
2007-01-21, 03:07 PM
We could have an "I like Miko and vote in polls" / "I like Miko but never vote in polls" poll?

krossbow
2007-01-21, 03:34 PM
all this poll has proved is that there is a disturbingly low number of females on this board.

Kilbia
2007-01-22, 03:06 PM
all this poll has proved is that there is a disturbingly low number of females on this board.

Okay...why, exactly, is the low number of poll-voting females "disturbing"? Are OotS fans an endangered species, such that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is formulating plans to corral us all and force us to breed to increase our numbers?

If such is the case, they had better not locate the breeding center in Michigan. I'm a married woman!

teratorn
2007-01-22, 03:20 PM
Ah the days when the OotS fans were free to roam the American landscape.

Okay...why, exactly, is the low number of poll-voting females "disturbing"? Are OotS fans an endangered species, such that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is formulating plans to corral us all and force us to breed to increase our numbers?

Maybe not something as drastic as that, but a few tags on your ears and radio collars to track migration patterns might not be a bad idea.

Kilbia
2007-01-22, 03:47 PM
Well, as long as they don't do anything that means I have to wear that stupid cone around my neck again, I guess.

Setra
2007-01-22, 04:40 PM
Well, as long as they don't do anything that means I have to wear that stupid cone around my neck again, I guess.

They told me it was an accessory :smallfrown:

Krystal_Tiger
2007-01-22, 04:44 PM
Good luck finding enough females who care about the subject to have even minimal statistical accuracy.

To-Da! Luck must be with you!

I like Miko! I would like her in real life...if only to raid a local home and garden store, grab a chainsaw...you get the point.:smallbiggrin:

vbushido
2007-01-22, 04:45 PM

The cone is to keep males that have been spayed neutered from ripping out the stitches with their teeth, not a worry if we're an endangered species. We do have to worry about the zoo and artificial insemination techniques, though. ("You're putting that long needle/turkey baster where?!?) Although, since you said again, I'm guessing you won't be put into the breeding pens anyway.:smallwink:

-----
I believe in Original Sin, and someday I hope to commit one

Setra
2007-01-22, 04:49 PM
The cone is to keep males that have been spayed from ripping out the stitches with their teeth, not a worry if we're an endangered species. We do have to worry about the zoo and artificial insemination techniques, though. ("You're putting that long needle/turkey baster where?!?) Although, since you said again, I'm guessing you won't be put into the breeding pens anyway.:smallwink:

-----

Males cannot be spayed.

teratorn
2007-01-22, 05:52 PM
The cone is to keep males that have been spayed neutered
[snip]

Although, since you said again, I'm guessing you won't be put into the breeding pens anyway.:smallwink:

If I understood correctly Kilbia is a married woman living in Michigan, so your winking does not apply, unless the neutering had something to do with her present day female status.

Back on topic, the results seem to show that there are no gender issues, the sample is small but there is no obvious trend like in the age poll. The relevant question though, is not demographics, but likelihood of buying books and other GITP products. I don't think there are enough of us Miko lovers (hmm...) to justify a special-edition Miko spin-off.

I really would like to own something like the "Crimson Mantle Wars" with the story of the Sapphire Guard.

Amon Star
2007-01-23, 03:15 PM
Are OotS fans an endangered species, such that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is formulating plans to corral us all and force us to breed to increase our numbers?

What a good idea.

Talyn
2007-01-23, 10:18 PM
This thread got very weird, very quickly. *flees*

Mike_G
2007-01-25, 12:23 AM
I am male, and dislike her so much, if she were the last woman on earth, I would renounce my heterosexuality.

And I loooooooves me my heterosexuality.

Justinian
2007-01-25, 12:32 AM
Miko owns. Lawful Good antagonists ftw.

I had hoped she would have had her edges softened and that she would have joined the group, but the story is so much better the way it is.

theKOT
2007-01-25, 10:08 AM
I am male, and dislike her so much, if she were the last woman on earth, I would renounce my heterosexuality.

And I loooooooves me my heterosexuality.
You would renounce your heterosexuality with this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/InvaderFlak/PortraitbyYosai.jpg
in your reach? Wow ;) Credit

credit yosai for pic

Coffee_Dragon
2007-01-25, 10:26 AM
Could someone dig that up minus the stupid caption?

Here's another one:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29518698/?qo=8&q=miyazaki&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5

Coffee_Dragon
2007-01-25, 01:41 PM
Caption remedied in order to rile and vex the many enemies of the Miko Mafia!

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/1051/portraitbyyosai6mv.jpg

Additional jpg artefacts courtesy of MS Paint.

still yosai's pic

Freelance Henchman
2007-01-25, 01:55 PM
Caption remedied in order to rile and vex the many enemies of the Miko Mafia!

Love the pic, always hated that goddamn smartass caption. This is much better :smallcool:

Khantalas
2007-01-25, 02:02 PM
I am male and I like Miko, regardless of my gender and sexuality.

Though, to semi-quote Mayor Pam of Barthis: "I would have no qualms about teaching her about my human body... THE body! I said the!"

Green Bean
2007-01-25, 02:10 PM
The cone is to keep males that have been spayed neutered from ripping out the stitches with their teeth, not a worry if we're an endangered species. We do have to worry about the zoo and artificial insemination techniques, though. ("You're putting that long needle/turkey baster where?!?) Although, since you said again, I'm guessing you won't be put into the breeding pens anyway.:smallwink:

-----

Your signature goes very well with your post :smallbiggrin:

Mike_G
2007-01-25, 03:19 PM
You would renounce your heterosexuality with this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/InvaderFlak/PortraitbyYosai.jpg
in your reach? Wow ;) Credit

credit yosai for pic

For me, Miko falls into the category of "Hot chicks too annoying to bang." It's a very exclusive group of rare, carefully chosen hot chicks who frustrate and infuriate me to the point that I can't even have dirty fanatsies about them.

But I find the caption arousing.

Like I said, it's the scars of Catholic school. Bad girls=attractive, self-righteous authority/religion= bad.

I'd take Haley in a heartbeat, though, just to prove I am a confident heterosexual who's not affraid to be turned on by stick figures.

Yakk
2007-01-25, 05:01 PM
Current numbers:
72 LM 58 DM
11 LF 13 DF

Roughly:
60% +/- 8.4% of males like Miko.
45.8% +/- 10.2% of females like Miko.

Delta:
14.2% +/- 13.2% more Males than Females (1% to 27.4%) like Miko.

(The above cofidence intervales are half-decent approximations of 95% confidence intervals.)

TinSoldier
2007-01-25, 05:44 PM
Coffee_Dragon -- That's great!