PDA

View Full Version : Help with character background

dantiesilva
2014-01-07, 02:36 AM
I will soon be joining a game revolved around my entire character, with two support role characters and my DM asked me to come up with a backstory, the problem was I could only think of first lifes past (he is a hellbred), and his long term goals. How he moved up to where he is now was iffy with me and so I come to the collective asking for advice.

You can find my character in my signature along with his familiar for reference, basically in his first life Alucard was a tyrant, the penalty for breaking any law was death, he had no problem torturing people, so on so forth. However he was also very protective of his subjects, and because of this made sure to have one of the strongest armies through drafting and other means. One day his kingdom is attacked, he like always rides out in the front lines to inspire his forces onward. Battle ensures and the generals of the opposing army seek him out in the battle (not hard as he would be cutting down his enemies left and right). When they find him they all converge at once and slay him as he is helping his people fall back.

Because of how he died the gods of good said he had potential for redemption, and went to fill out his hellbred fourm (yea I know couldn't think of any other way to say it), however what they were not paying attention to was a lovely little devil who ruled the fourth layer of hell talking to him and making a deal with him as well. So when he came back he remembered his past life, though in the new body he did not have the skills required.

The deal he made with her happened to be to spread her name across the material plane and create an empire for her to rule over, (no devil lord has such a thing so it would give her a one up on them) so that she could prove she was not only stronger then her father, but was the true ruler of her realm. He agrees, she makes him her new toy.

This is where I am not sure where to go, as he is a summoner and focusing on a theme I kept to devils, never summoning a demon, as they do not get along. Fluff reasons. He is now a level 10 MAlconvoker with a small army at his beck and call on most days. ( Conjurer 3/MS2/Malconvoker 5) He has an imp companion he uses to keep in contact with her for mission updates, will use planar binding to have a steel devil as a personal guard. Another one of the players is playing a succubus bard (using a class progression made on the fourms) that he captured and is making her serve him, and thus rising him up in the eyes of his mistress as he has a demon slave. Then the third player I am not sure yet how he will fit in, so I don't need to worry about him. But any help would be great with a backstory of him from levels 1-10 and his rise to power once more.

dantiesilva
2014-01-07, 10:20 AM
So over the night I came up with a little more, and saying no one has added anything I thought I would add it here to see if it flickers some flames.

When the gods sent him back to the material plane instead of appearing in a hellbred training ground, Alucard was thrown of course by his mistresses powers and instead was given life in one of the few temples devoted to her where he meet a few of her cultist who began training him in how to summon demons.

His masters build being something like Conjurer 10/ MS10

When Alucard had gained enough power his master sent him out with a simple mission, destroy a cult of Gaz'zt that was not far from were they were. He meets a good amount of resistance, however when the smoke clears and he defeats the thrall of Gaz'zt he meets the demon Lilith who he takes as a spoil of war in the name of the lady of the 4th layer of hell.

IslandDog
2014-01-07, 10:58 AM
If your character is level 10, he would have had to get there somehow. And I don't mean just slaughtering enemies; he'd need a teacher to 'level him up'. So maybe some evil character (a devil? a necromancer? even just a tiefling?) was his master up till level 10, and now he's killed him to gain his equipment/power since there wasn't anything left to teach him. And now he's ready to go out and adventure, gain power in the world? Or, the teacher is still alive and is his companion, but the DM can slowly turn him against you as a mini-boss etc.