PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Dilettante [Class Feature Variant, 3.5e] - PEACH

Blueiji
2014-01-07, 03:06 AM
Preface
I originally created this class feature to accompany my Psicrystal Thief prestige class, but I figured it stood on it's own pretty well as a Factotum ACF so I decided to post it on it's own as such.
Psionic Dilettante
While most Factotums choose to compliment their already wide variety of capabilities with Arcane magic, some elect to instead dabble in the mysterious realm of Psionics.
Class: Factotum.
Level: 2nd.
Replaces: You do not gain Arcane Dilettante.
Benefit: You acquire a vague understanding of psionics. With a moment of concentration and an application of mental might, you can manifest something pretty similar to a power. By spending 1 inspiration point, you can mimic a psionic power as a psi-like ability.

At the start of each day, choose a number of powers from the psion/wilder power list based on your factotum level. You can choose one power at 2nd level, and you gain additional powers as shown on Table 1–1. The maximum level of power you can use, according to your class level, is also shown on the table. You can select any psion/wilder spell up to that level, but you can prepare only one power of your maximum level. Your manifester level equals your level in this character class. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against your power is 10 + the spell level + your Int modifier.

Once you have used a power, you cannot use it again until you have rested for 8 hours. After resting for this time, you choose new powers and lose any unused powers from the previous day, though you can select the same power on consecutive days. You cannot prepare the same power multiple times to use it more than once during the same day.

You cannot use powers that require an XP cost.

Like any psi-like ability, the power you manifest is treated as if you had spent a number of power points equal to your manifester level, which may augment the power to improve its damage or save DC. However, you need not actually spend power points for your psi-like abilities, even if you have a power point reserve due to racial abilities, class levels, or some other psionic ability.

Since you have a manifester level, you also gain bonus power points based on your intelligence score.