PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Ptolus: City by the Spire

WrathMage
2014-01-07, 05:59 AM
First off, hello there!

I have been lurking here for an age and kept meaning to register so I finally got around to it. I wanted to ask the Playground's opinion on Ptolus as a setting, and how it works with Pathfinder (in your opinions). I acquired it last year and having finished reading and digesting it I am looking at starting a game of it over Roll20 for some friends of mine.

Any input welcome :)

CombatOwl
2014-01-07, 06:42 AM
First off, hello there!

I have been lurking here for an age and kept meaning to register so I finally got around to it. I wanted to ask the Playground's opinion on Ptolus as a setting, and how it works with Pathfinder (in your opinions).

Ptolus looks amazing, and I'll actually be using it in a game soon. That's my full experience. Though from the looks of it, it's got a rather... old school design. There's even a PrC that depends on raise dead kicking you back a level (which Pathfinder doesn't do).

Mister_a
2014-01-09, 07:28 AM
We have gone from 1st to 9th level over the past 18 months or so. It's a very fun *and deadly* place. Seeing as you are effectively not able to leave the city, your decisions tend to reverberate around the city a lot :)