PDA

View Full Version : [PF] testing out kirin style

Blyte
2014-01-07, 03:14 PM
so I've been wanting to test out kirin style, and I'm building a 4th lvl character for a game. I've rolled incredible stats 18,17,16,15,14,10.

I have to be at least 2nd level master of many styles to get kirin strike.

I am brainstorming whether to go full monk or to dip something with it...

I'm playing around with 2mnk/2alch, so I can throw some nasty kirin bombs for a ranged dps option, and use cognative mutagens.

Any good ideas for a 4th lvl kirin practitioner?

klarg1
2014-01-07, 04:07 PM
Just to toss out ideas:
Magus would combine well with stats. Your swift actions would be in short supply, but you might be able to pre-start your arcane pool weapon boost before a fight starts. If you plan to continue to much higher levels, it might start to conflict with quickened spells.

With those crazy stats, it would be cool if you could make an Inquisitor Kirin practitioner work. The monster lore bonus would boost your ID abilities at 4th level. (placing your 16 and 17 into Int and Wis) Sadly, you would need a crazy number of swift actions to start up all your combat powers.

(Although, if you had Kirin Strike, Bane and Judgement all going at once, you'd be hitting very impressively)

Blyte
2014-01-07, 04:57 PM
thanks klarg

mind chemist alchys also get some good bonuses to ID monster checks. they get to add double their int bonus from lvl 2.

right now I am thinking

mind chemist 2, master of many styles 2 (1alch, 2alch, 3mnk, 4mnk)

feats-
1 point blank shot
1 precise shot
3 extra discovery
3 kirin style
4 kirin strike

discoveries-
precise bombs
tanglefoot bombs

I will entangle my foes with bombs and then dart/shuriken them to death with kirin style.

from there on I guess I will continue as an alchemist