PDA

View Full Version : Champions of Gru, Garrick's Family

inexorabletruth
2014-01-07, 04:52 PM
About Garrick's Family
Lafdrim:
https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1379774212/326376.jpg

Lafdrim is still a boy, but a smart one and quite inquisitive. If your family possessed the wealth, he might've been sent off to a wizard school. Unfortunately, such opportunities belong to a higher born stock. Regardless of his striking intellect, he serves his father humbly and without complaint, though he privately dreams of one day seeing the world. Lafdrim admires his brother, Garrick, but has a sort of sibling rivalry with him as well. Where Garrick grew up strong and agile, Lafrdrim is still skinny and has not yet developed the muscles of an adult elf, so he can't keep up with his brother in physical challenges, and his emotional immaturity causes him to lose his fair share of intellectual battles, but he'll get there.

Hathil:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50887717/Personal%20Folder/tumblr_mdtp6aFUbf1rdy3s5o1_1280.jpg

Hathil is what they call "old for his age." Bastard son of Lord of Owls, he served in the shadow of his siblings for most of his young life. But his father's shame would not allow him to acknowledge his own son. He was trained for life in the wilds to become a Ranger, but his dark hair and steel grey eyes revealed his mother's indiscretion and became the curse of his lineage… the visual reminder of the not-so-secret shame of a once highly revered bloodline, so he received no honor from his exploits, and no love from his father for his sacrifices.

And when they attended a meeting with another clan of Wood Elves, the savage Lords of Badgers, he saw a tavern girl. A young, honey-haired wood elf serving cups of mead to the bored and drunk entourage of their wild-eyed chief. Their ways were uncouth, and Hathil, the Free Wing, wouldn't stand for the indignation of his own kin. He attacked the elves of the Badger, and received a beating from their men so severe that it raised a brawl that destroyed the entire tavern. As place burned to the ground and the Lord of Owls watched his alliance crumble with it, he told his wife's son to go: go and never come back. He and the tavern girl ran away together, fell in love and eventually settled in the tiny thorp of Gru, where he worked as a tanner, and she helped as a leatherworker. Their shop sells some of the finest leather-made products in the duchy, and if Gru attains the mercantile fame it was projected to make this summer, the duchy might even know that.

"It's about… your mother. I-" Hathil's eyes begin to water and his chin trembles in profound emotional devastation. "They took her. The goblins," Lafdrim adds. He looks terrified and confused and they hold each others hands tightly for emotional strength. "I did all I could but there were too many," Hathil manages to choke out the words through convulsive sobs. "Forgive me…"

Lafdrim looks up at you, "They said they were taking her as a pleasure slave. What does that mean? Daddy won't tell me. Will they hurt her?"

Lexin
2014-01-07, 05:21 PM
Garrick freezes in place as he hears the news. He looks at his father looking for confirmation, and winces as he finds it. He then stares in an empty space with a blank look on his face, exhaustion catching up, drowning the fear and sorrow for the time being.

He looks for a short moment at his brother, not capable of finding the right words, he finally settles for: "No, they won't hurt her. I won't let them." he says and turns to his father.

"There is nothing to forgive, you've done all you could, so you shan't blame yourself." he says quietly, but in steady voice "I will take it from here. I will find her and bring her home."
He waits for a second and asks
"What can you tell me about the goblins who took her? Numbers? Mounts? Which direction did they take why fleeing from Gru?"

inexorabletruth
2014-01-07, 06:01 PM
Hathil composes himself to try to help how he can and nods, patting you on the shoulder.

"They came in large numbers… trampling the fields and plundering the houses. Women and children were dragged from their homes and taken away. Most of the farm houses are completely destroyed. Lafdrim hid in the weapons cache and they did not find him, thankfully. Most of them took their captors and circumvented the town center. Those still unencumbered headed to the merchant district, where you encountered them. From what I know of the goblin tongue, I believe this was but the first of many terrors to come. The goblins have galvanized their forces. This can only mean that someone is leading them."

A thought dawns on him and he heads to his weapons cache. "You always favored the bow, didn't you? In my days as a Ranger, I hunted many goblins."

He comes back out. "I used this." You see an ornately carved composite longbow with the symbol of an owl with outstretched wings forming a sight. He hands it to you. "It was standard issue… a border guard's bow. It's a bit trickier to use than a shortbow… but if you get the hang of it, it hits much harder. I pray it will help you bring her back to us."

You now have a MW Composite Longbow +2 (nonmagical)

OOC:
If you have no more questions, you can head back to the meeting hall. Otherwise we can continue RP here for a bit. But we shouldn't hold up the campaign too much. Just remember, if you head to the meeting hall, you're late and are barging in at the moment of the last post.

Lexin
2014-01-07, 06:18 PM
"Thank you. It will help me a lot." he says both about the bow and information.
"I need to go now, go somewhere to get this wound checked and treated." he adds before turning to his brother.
He looks Lafdrim straight in the eyes and says:
"I will take care of mother, but you need to stay and protect father. I will trust you with this."

Is Garrick there for this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16738795&postcount=73)?

inexorabletruth
2014-01-07, 06:38 PM
You can overhear it as you approach the meeting hall, but you don't actually arrive until after the most recent post in the IC thread.