PDA

View Full Version : Master of Disguise [3.5, Feats, PEACH]

Amechra
2014-01-07, 11:41 PM
Identity Dilletante [General]
You are good at assuming certain disguises.
Prerequisites: Disguise 5 ranks, Bluff 5 ranks, Charisma 13
Benefits: Upon taking this feat, create a number of alternate identities equal to your Charisma modifier. These identities are referred to as your Favored Disguises, and consist of a name, a general appearance, a race, a gender, and an age category.

Any attempt to disguise yourself as one of your Favored Disguises gains a bonus as if you were only making minor alterations to your appearance. In addition, you may select one of the following options when disguising yourself as a Favored Disguise:

Ignore the penalty for being disguised as a different gender.
Ignore the penalty for being disguised as a different race.
For the purpose of determining the penalty to your Disguise check for having a difference in Age category compared to your disguise, you are considered one step closer to your Disguises' age category.

You may create a new Favored Disguise over the course of a week of practicing a new identity; you may discard a Favored Disguise by taking an hour to purge all the acquired skills from your memory.

Myriad in One [General]
Honestly, your disguises are amazing. They are almost real.
Prerequisites: Identity Dilletante
Benefits: As long as at least one of your Favored Disguises would qualify for a prerequisite, you are considered to qualify for that prerequisite. For example, if one of your Disguises is female, you could qualify for any feat or Prestige Class that would require you to be female.

In addition, all of your Favored Disguises gain an Alignment.

In addition, add the following to the list of options you may select when disguising yourself as a Favored Disguise:

For the purposes of effects that determine a creature's alignment, your alignment is one step closer to that of your chosen Favored Disguise.

Quick Disguise Expert [General]
You are good at just slapping a quick change on.
Prerequisites: Disguise 8 ranks
Benefits: The bonus granted to Disguise checks made that only involve making minor changes to your appearance increases to +10. In addition, by forgoing this bonus, you may make such disguise checks as a Full-Round Action.

----------------

I have a few more of these forthcoming. However, critiques are nice!

6thEdition
2014-01-08, 12:05 AM
Myriad in One seems overpowered. If I could, say, disguise myself as an elf, I could get all elf PrCs and feats, right? Or would it wear off after the disguise ends?

Other than that, this is a very good utility feat, and it scales well too.

Amechra
2014-01-08, 12:16 AM
Alright:

Let's say I'm Steve McQueen*, dashing CG Old Human Male with rugged good looks (but I only have Charisma 15! There is no justice in the world.)

I take Identity Dilletante, and I define a pair of identities:

-Emma Watson*, a LN Adult Human Female with damn good looks.
-Thog, a CN Adult Male Orc who has a thing for puppies.

I take Myriad in One, and now I can qualify for anything that requires the following:
-A Lawful alignment.
-A Good alignment.
-A Chaotic alignment.
-Being an Orc.
-Being a Human.
-Being Old.
-Being Adult.
-Being Male.
-Being Female.

Ultimately, the feat comes out to "ignore racial, gender, and alignment prerequisites under these certain circumstances." Now, if someone was to make a PrC that required your name to be Thog to take, Steve could take it (due to one of his identities being named Steve.)

However, if Steve got hit by a Dictum spell, he's kinda in hot water, since he's still CG. Same thing if there's a spell that has extra effect against creatures that aren't female, aren't named Thog, or who are older than Adult.

That clarify things?

*No celebrities were harmed in the making of this post.

6thEdition
2014-01-08, 12:38 AM
Yeah, that's pretty good. What about something like "Greater Identify Dilettante" that gives you more disguises and bonuses? That's all I have.