PDA

View Full Version : Putting Magic on a Warforged + some other questions

Yogibear41
2014-01-08, 03:30 AM
I know a warforged's armor plating can be enhanced as if it were armor, as well as various components that they can use to modify themselves, but would it be against the rules to put an enhancement bonus or even special abilities on a warforged's slam or even the bite attack gained through the Jaws of Death feat, using craft magic arms and armor? I know you generally can't do this for natural attacks but considering the warforged is made of metal/wood etc. it doesn't seem that different that making a magic sword or something of that nature.

Another question involves the Body as weapon 4th level fighter variant for warforged from races of Eberron, which causes a +2 on damage rolls made with his slam and any weapon attached as a warforged component. Should the bite the warforged gains from taking the Jaws of death feat be enhanced by this feat as well? I suppose its not really a component so I guess not but it seems like it should be, are there any components that would enhance the bite attack and thus make it gain the +2 damage from this feat?

Finally a warforged component that is attached to his hand such as the armblade an attached bastard sword still counts as a bastard sword in addition to be attached correct? So it should be able to get both a +2 from the body as a weapon feat as well as a +2 to damage if I had weapon specialization bastard sword feat?

Psyren
2014-01-08, 07:42 AM
1) No, you'd need an amulet of mighty fists or something.

2) This seems reasonable, ask your DM.

3) Yes.

Greenish
2014-01-08, 08:56 AM
You could make Amulet of Mighty Fists or Necklace of Natural Attacks into an embedded component. Battlefist affects the slam attack and can be enhanced.