PDA

View Full Version : creating a brand new race (3.5)

Somensjev
2014-01-08, 04:02 AM
is there anyway for anyone in game (PCs, NPCs, Gods, etc) to create entirely new species

i was certain there was a way for gods to do it, but i can no longer find it

thank you for any and all contributions

Gemini476
2014-01-08, 04:23 AM
There's an Epic spell for it, I'm pretty sure.

Seeds being Conjure, Life, and Fortify, and maybe some more if you want to add SLAs and other abilities.

I don't know, I'm not good with epic rules.

Oh, and you want to make sure to make some kind of Instantaneous clone of your original creature, since the original is Permanent and can be dispelled.

CRtwenty
2014-01-08, 04:23 AM
Yes there is, but you aren't going to find any real rules on the subject. Most of it is fluff.

There's guidelines for the DM to design new races in the DMG and a few other books that escape my memory. (Unearthed Arcana and Savage Species maybe?)

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-08, 04:25 AM
Try breeding various things with dragons or humans. Those combos always produce something new.

unseenmage
2014-01-08, 05:08 AM
Creative in-game application of templates via spells and the Template application rituals in the back of Savage Species on a large scale might do the trick. Just be careful to use inherited templates so they breed true.

Somensjev
2014-01-08, 05:19 AM
this is going to be much more complicated than first assumed

what spells can give things templates (preferably non-epic, since i dont know much about epic)

breeding with humans and dragons seems very likely, in an accelerated time plane it wouldn't take long

anyone know more about the epic spell that was mentioned?

Uncle Pine
2014-01-08, 05:31 AM
PCs and NPCs can use epic spells and the rituals in Savage Species to create new race. More creative cheesy PCs with access to Assume Supernatural Ability could even wildshape into a sarrukh and abuse Manipulate Form.
Gods have access to Alter Reality Divine Creation.
Encyclopedia Arcane: Crossbreeding is a 3rd party book entirely devoted to create your dream pet (both for DMs and PCs).

Somensjev
2014-01-08, 05:47 AM
but alter reality can only make temporary magical creatures, can't it?

Uncle Pine
2014-01-08, 06:31 AM
but alter reality can only make temporary magical creatures, can't it?

Ops, I thought alter reality could do it. Divine creation can definitely do it though.

Divine Creation
Prerequisites
Divine rank 16, Int 29, Create Object salient divine ability, Create Greater Object salient divine ability.

Benefit
As a full-round action, the deity can create mortal creatures or magic items whose total weight is up to 100 pounds per divine rank, or with a total volume of 20 cubic feet per rank. If the deity uses this ability on a divinely morphic plane or within its own godly realm, double the volume and weight the deity can create. If the deity’s realm is located on a divinely morphic plane, triple the volume and weight the deity can create there.

Somensjev
2014-01-08, 06:34 AM
Ops, I thought alter reality could do it. Divine creation can definitely do it though.

divine creation must've been what i was thinking of when i said gods could do it